The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Honest Conversation With Those Who Still Support Management

Rate this topic

JohnTavares

On 5/16/2021 at 8:25 PM, Dazzle said:

The difference between Virtanen and Juolevi is quite big. One has had injury issues. The other has had off ice issues.

Saying Juolevi has a very slim shot at being a meaningful player has so many problems with that, but I suspect your opinion won't change despite your so-called "honest" discussion.

Yeah ok.

:lol:

Where's OJ these days?

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, IBatch said:

The anti-Benning crowd is now on the Bruce bandwagon.  Jammed packed standing room only .... with the same roster.    Patel kind of said that a few times, didn't read that far back, but have also noticed the hypocrisy.    Even Horvat has JB entire development under him, there isn't a person on the team, that isn't connected to Benning right now.     Personally never thought he'd last this long, or anyone for that matter.    Having to wait for the old core to die out and a new one emerge, with 8-9 years of terrible drafting before.   But his whole tenure is still called garbage.   Two playoff appearances, four years apart.   Six years as divisions champs, two as league leaders/all as contenders .... top team that didn't really trade picks but who's GM couldn't draft either.     All we got from that top team was Horvat and Sutter.  Pathetic.   Absolutely pathetic.  Wonder what Rutherford could get - or Benning if he was around, from 8-10 of our current guys?    

Edit:   BTW it wasn't just on his coaching selections.   It's on JB ability to read the cycle - was one year off IMO, two maybe.  He was an average GM during his time here, might find more work, especially if his team, and it's still his team, same players right - goes on to do something special.    I'm also glad we have a HHOF guy to tie this into a bow or if he decides - rip it apart and start again.  

Well, I’m antiBenning because he was a bad leader. That has nothing to do with Bruce.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnTavares said:

You still feel the same re:

Poolman, Myers, OEL, Pearson, Dickinson?

Poolman has concussion issues, Myers cap is fine but he's an ill fit on this team, OEL I have zero problems with, he's one of our few actual top 4 D, Pearson is out with hand surgery, Dickinson seems to be doing just fine in Chicago.

So yeah, a couple injured guys and... :bored: But great work necro-trolling.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, combover said:

For Anyone who thinks management is the problem .

3E700272-1CF5-4C85-BBAB-6906642E4413.gif.2b8d35e26790010aa80b0961c630e8b4.gif

Francesco CEO is the biggest problem this club has had for a decade. 

Absolutely, but problem is I can't see him selling any time soon, much too proud for that. Hopefully one day he'll get it - he has to rebuild, lose some ticket sales for a few years to win some playoff games.

I honestly think if we go full rebuild we might still sell ticket seats - we'd have exciting kids to watch play and go after the little moral victories the way Buffalo has in the past. Right now we're just expecting to win and losing every game, whereas if we're expecting to lose every game with a goal in mind, it'd be quite nice to see one of our kids play really well.

30 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Absolutely, but problem is I can't see him selling any time soon, much too proud for that. Hopefully one day he'll get it - he has to rebuild, lose some ticket sales for a few years to win some playoff games.

I honestly think if we go full rebuild we might still sell ticket seats - we'd have exciting kids to watch play and go after the little moral victories the way Buffalo has in the past. Right now we're just expecting to win and losing every game, whereas if we're expecting to lose every game with a goal in mind, it'd be quite nice to see one of our kids play really well.

I find myself routing for his wife and kids in the lawsuit  against him. they might be our best  hope to rid this team of this idiot POS. 

The aquallini  bothers might step in and say your embarrassing the family name (if that’s possible). And remove him from his title. 
we won’t go rebuild as long as Francesco is involved in hockey ops. on After hours PA confirmed it 

GM Patrik Allvin joined After Hours to say the franchise is not interested in a rebuild but are interested in making trades

the “franchise” isn’t interested in rebuilding 

he basically said on air for anyone one listening FRANCESCO AQUALLINI isn’t interested in rebuilding 

Edited by combover
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, combover said:

I find myself routing for his wife and kids in the lawsuit  against him. they might be our best  hope to rid this team of this idiot POS. 

The aquallini  bothers might step in and say your embarrassing the family name (if that’s possible). And remove him from his title. 
we won’t go rebuild as long as Francesco is involved in hockey ops. on After hours PA confirmed it 

GM Patrik Allvin joined After Hours to say the franchise is not interested in a rebuild but are interested in making trades

I do hope the lawsuit ruins him, it's the only way, but otherwise I wonder if JR and PA are savvy enough to try and get the best of both worlds? A literal stealth tank. Make trades for young players who might be able to play in the lineup but also obtain some picks. Expect us to be worse on paper with our top players gone, but pretend to make them look like hockey trades.

For example, Horvat and Schenn for Roslovic, Peeke and a 1st. We seemingly make a hockey trade by getting two bonified NHLers, but secretly it's a tank move - we get a worse center, a top-4 RD for the future and a top pick.

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

Poolman has concussion issues, Myers cap is fine but he's an ill fit on this team, OEL I have zero problems with, he's one of our few actual top 4 D, Pearson is out with hand surgery, Dickinson seems to be doing just fine in Chicago.

So yeah, a couple injured guys and... :bored: But great work necro-trolling.

Enablement of a terrible product is actually a reason why the product is terrible.

It's because you're okay with it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

There's nothing to prove - it's just really funny to look at back at some of the things that were said just over a year ago.

Wasnt this thread about those who supported old management ? And you're take was everything will be great as long as Jim Benning gets fired ? Hows that working ;)

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

Enablement of a terrible product is actually a reason why the product is terrible.

7 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Wasnt this thread about those who supported old management ? And you're take was everything will be great as long as Jim Benning gets fired ? Hows that working ;)

I am interested to hear what John has to say about the new group

8 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

That literally makes no sense and you're not using 'you're' properly.

The conversation was strictly about the old management... nothing about current day management. You know the core of this team is 90% Jim Benning's team still right?

1 minute ago, lmm said:

I am interested to hear what John has to say about the new group

I think they've done a B-/C+ job so far.

What I truly don't understand is we had people supporting Jim Benning and co. for nearly 8 years with pathetic results on and off the ice, yet people are turning on JR/Allvin when they have only been here for one year?  Make this make sense for me...

They're biggest fault was re-signing someone who scored 99 points last year as a 1C?  It's easy to say in hindsight that contract is looking terrible right now but nobody could have predicted that JT Miller would completely fall off a cliff to start the year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, combover said:

For Anyone who thinks management is the problem .

3E700272-1CF5-4C85-BBAB-6906642E4413.gif.2b8d35e26790010aa80b0961c630e8b4.gif

Francesco CEO is the biggest problem this club has had for a decade. 

Seriously I can only laugh when I see people post about firing the coach or changing management. Nothing will change with Aqua controlling everything.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, JohnTavares said:

OK with what? You don't know what you're talking about. Still.

I've been quite "vocal" on here that we should have traded Miller last spring/summer. I'd far prefer to have the rumoured Chytil, Lundkvist 1st package and the cap space to have moved Rathbone + for Marino this summer. Management messed that up. So much for the "younger, cap clearing" etc they promised when hired. Probably could have extended Horvat for closer to $7 at that point as well. That ship has long sailed.

I've also stated numerous places here that I'm not particularly engaged in spending any money or even watching games until they start fixing the team. That said, that's not likely happening until closer to the TDL. But that timeframe doesn't change the fact this is basically unwatchable hockey presently.

Does that sound "okay" or like "enablement" to you?

Still doesn't make an injured Poolman or Pearson, or an ill fitting Myers, or a perfectly fine OEL, or a not even on this team and doing just fine in CHI Dickinson, anything resembling Eriksson-esque contracts.

But keep on trolling Pony-boy.

52 minutes ago, JohnTavares said:

I think they've done a B-/C+ job so far.

What I truly don't understand is we had people supporting Jim Benning and co. for nearly 8 years with pathetic results on and off the ice, yet people are turning on JR/Allvin when they have only been here for one year?  Make this make sense for me...

They're biggest fault was re-signing someone who scored 99 points last year as a 1C?  It's easy to say in hindsight that contract is looking terrible right now but nobody could have predicted that JT Miller would completely fall off a cliff to start the year.

Seems like a pretty fair assessment to me. 

• Cheers 1