The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Fire Benning protest outside Rogers Arena - A very poor turnout. LOL. Embarrassing.

Rate this topic

Dazzle

Just now, bishopshodan said:

How much does that cost?

I bet like, 2k...

So, you don't know how many 'fans'? ....I'm thinking about 20 - 50..

I’m not on the fire Benning band wagon, my point is that it happened, lots of fans hate the GM their team has but none went to this extent, fine downplay it to 20 that went to this extreme, still embarrassing for Benning.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m not on the fire Benning band wagon, my point is that it happened, lots of fans hate the GM their team has but none went to this extent, fine downplay it to 20 that went to this extreme, still embarrassing for Benning.

Nah, there's negative nincompoops in all walks of life. It's just that in the modern day those people have figured out social media and finally feel like they can get some attention.

I 'm not down playing anything, how many fans showed up at the protest? You said 'lots of fans'. From what I see from comments at the teams website, that is not the case. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Nah, there's negative nincompoops in all walks of life. It's just that in the modern day those people have figured out social media and finally feel like they can get some attention.

I 'm not down playing anything, how many fans showed up at the protest? You said 'lots of fans'. From what I see from comments at the teams website, that is not the case. 

I said lots of fans hate their GM, meaning across the league, none went to the length Canuck fans went to to protest their GM.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I said lots of fans hate their GM, meaning across the league, none went to the length Canuck fans went to to protest their GM.

I guess they don't have as many raving lunatics posing as fans as we do here. If these idiots are that dissatisfied with the direction the team is going.... find another team to root for.

My guess is a lot of them just enjoy being #$$% disturbers and are not actually fans.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

All that confirms is we have a few more dummies and better weather.

That I don’t believe, dummies are everywhere and in great quantities, a few more or less amongst 10s of millions is insignificant.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That I don’t believe, dummies are everywhere and in great quantities, a few more or less amongst 10s of millions is insignificant.

You got the last word right 

• Cheers 3

52 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Really?! Not a chance! These people are probably the same people that didn't follow the rules / threw tantrums during this pandemic. Nothing to do with Benning...just a bunch of selfish, entitled, ignorant, immature people! End of story! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

To their credit, they probably got the attention that they so desperately craved.  :-/

I’m sure their moms told them to get out of the house and go make something of themselves.

They got the getting out of the house part at least...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Or maybe they realized you don’t actually have to physically go to the arena to protest...

You can do it online, you can do it by calling 650, or you could just not invest any money into the team.

Going to the arena with a banner is probably the least effective way of protesting. 

Or maybe fans are starting to realize that they don't need to go to the rink at all.

Edited by appleboy
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I guess they don't have as many raving lunatics posing as fans as we do here. If these idiots are that dissatisfied with the direction the team is going.... find another team to root for.

My guess is a lot of them just enjoy being #$$% disturbers and are not actually fans.

We're also the only Canadian city that I know of that riots their own city.

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Or maybe fans are starting to realize that they don't need to go to the rink at all.

Well that would fall into the not investing money into the team category.

Thats the most effective form of protest if you want the owners to take notice.

• Cheers 2