The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Fire Benning protest outside Rogers Arena - A very poor turnout. LOL. Embarrassing.

Rate this topic

Dazzle

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I usually don't want to reference Reddit because they can be an echo chamber as well, but this is a reflection of what some people thought of the very low turnout. Someone said it was less than 20 people.

I'm not even sure Squamfan bothered to show up, though I do remember him trying to drum up the support here.

I wonder which one was him? The big guy with the speaker thing? 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I usually don't want to reference Reddit because they can be an echo chamber as well, but this is a reflection of what some people thought of the very low turnout. Someone said it was less than 20 people.

I'm not even sure Squamfan bothered to show up, though I do remember him trying to drum up the support here.

It was common sense to stay away from groups of people, it's technically against the law due to Covid. Thankfully most regardless of theyr beliefs decided to stay away

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Hey, he's got one more year on his contract.  Aquillini isn't going to waste money buying him out, so he's going to see what he can do with this one more season.  If there's no improvement after this year, he will simply let Benning go and hire someone else.  No point putting a lot of negative energy into a pointless protest now.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Hey, he's got one more year on his contract.  Aquillini isn't going to waste money buying him out, so he's going to see what he can do with this one more season.  If there's no improvement after this year, he will simply let Benning go and hire someone else.  No point putting a lot of negative energy into a pointless protest now.

*Two more years.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

It was common sense to stay away from groups of people, it's technically against the law due to Covid. Thankfully most regardless of theyr beliefs decided to stay away

Against what LAW?? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The real protests will begin inside at Rogers Arena when fans are permitted to safely attend games.

Mike Gillis' protests had about 3 people (if we're to believe photo evidence), yet the voices of nearly 17K people inside were loud enough to demonstrate otherwise. 

Don't be fooled - history WILL repeat itself.  Don't get caught on the wrong side.

Hope this helps.

I really  do hope you have some joy in your life one of these days.

Hope this helps.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1