The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Fire Benning protest outside Rogers Arena - A very poor turnout. LOL. Embarrassing.

Rate this topic

Dazzle

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If you show up to games to chant fire Benning you’re a loser.

How about we go to you know cheer the team on?

Thats what I can’t stand about a large portion of this fan base. Seems like they’d rather see the team fail to prove that they were right about the GM than to actually support the team.

Be a better fan. If Benning is as bad as you think he won’t have the job much longer regardless. Can you not just cheer for the team in the meantime?

Plus the team will be winning, and there’s one dough head shouting “FIRE BENNING”.  I’m pretty sure the “fire Benning” crowd (ha ha it’s anything but a crowd; more like couple) will be happily cheering on us winning.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t it a health order, and fines can be given?  Indoors though, no?  

Health order, yes... Law... no. Completely different things... all tickets that have gone before a judge so far have been thrown out.... again, a health order is not a LAW. Health orders are temporary, laws are not. 

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Hey, he's got one more year on his contract.  Aquillini isn't going to waste money buying him out, so he's going to see what he can do with this one more season.  If there's no improvement after this year, he will simply let Benning go and hire someone else.  No point putting a lot of negative energy into a pointless protest now.

He has 2 more years on his contract. He will be here at least to the end of it, and quite possibly through an extension.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If people weren’t selfish morons, maybe we wouldn’t need these health orders, right?  

Texas, Florida, and a lot of other places that are fully open and have dropping numbers disagree.... 

4 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

Texas, Florida, and a lot of other places that are fully open and have dropping numbers disagree.... 

Bad comparison as the states has way more people inoculated compared to Canada. Also keep that in the corona thread. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

I don’t know what this has to do with a poorly made banner hanging up at the rink, with 10 people there.  The protest was silly.  We laughed at the few who should up.  They did have masks on though, which was wise.  I will give them credit for being smart, and accepting personal responsibility to protect others.  Good on them for that maturity.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm sorry...did you major in melodramatic in school? The WRONG SIDE???

This isn't the Rebels vs the Evil Empire, you know that right? I think you've watched Star Wars too many times lol

Sometimes, you need to add a bit of hyperbole to drive home the message.  Feel free to excommunicate me from this forum if I'm wrong.

See what I did there?

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Sometimes, you need to add a bit of hyperbole to drive home the message.  Feel free to excommunicate me from this forum if I'm wrong.

See what I did there?

Hope this helps.

Just grab your lightsaber, Luke and meet Benning outside Rogers arena at high noon tomorrow, you can battle it out then! ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t know what this has to do with a poorly made banner hanging up at the rink, with 10 people there.  The protest was silly.  We laughed at the few who should up.  They did have masks on though, which was wise.  I will give them credit for being smart, and accepting personal responsibility to protect others.  Good on them for that maturity.  

There was nothing illegal about this protest. It did not violate health orders and certainly didn’t break any laws. They were in a large open space wearing masks, and there was hardly enough to call it a gathering lol. Poorly thought out, I’ll prepared and ridiculous... yes, but against the law no. Freedom of expression is a right that is extended to all, even those with no clue that want Benning fired. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The real protests will begin inside at Rogers Arena when fans are permitted to safely attend games.

Mike Gillis' protests had about 3 people (if we're to believe photo evidence), yet the voices of nearly 17K people inside were loud enough to demonstrate otherwise. 

Don't be fooled - history WILL repeat itself.  Don't get caught on the wrong side.

Hope this helps.

Exactly like the people i've been talking about! Act your age and maybe try supporting the team you're supposedly a "fan" of!! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2