The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Washington May Look At Moving Kuznetsov

Don't think he'd be a good fit on our roster, even if he was still living up to his contract.

Also, we don't have the assets to trade. Giving up Hogs, Podz, Boeser, Horvat etc. would set us back. The only really valuable assets I can think of that we could part with in exchange for a forward are Miller (who's on a good contract but with some question marks IMO and you could speculate he's at his peak now and won't be when we are ready to contend) and/or our 1st round pick, but then the return better be good.

Best course of action is probably to stay away from other teams cast offs, keep our pick and make cap room for one FA forward and/or one FA RD.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

as opposed to whatever you are.

Canucks fans would be correct, WSH fans would be running to the bank to cash in lol.

If you don't want people to messyou, then...might want to hold off on the #facepalm proposals.

but yes, that was fun, thanks:lol:

Its an online stupid forum w/e :towel:

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, #Canucks said:

This would literally be worse than the Loui signing. 7.8m for a player that has not scored over 30 goals in a season that will be 30 next year. Crazy people! 

This.  We don’t need another LE on our hands.

This guy has whipping boy written all over him.

• Like 1

Kuznetsov

29 pts in 41 games, 21 pts at even strength.

72.5% ozone starts

51.2% corsi

493 faceoffs = 41.4%

Unflattering outcomes, to say the least - however on the other hand he has very high on ice shooting % - can assume that he counterbalances some weaknesses with high quality scoring chances/conversion..

Regardless - there's nothing resembling a complete enough player - that I'd be spending anywhere near the kind of assets some people are talking about - to acquire a guy like him - that far into his prime.

Makes next to zero sense for us.

Let the Calgarys send a Gaudreau or Monahan that way.......while we stay the course and hard pass on distractions like this.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

On 5/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, DontMessMe said:

What would be the cost I wonder.... Decent mentor for Pod

Just spitting FOR FUN 

Miller, Boeser and 9th overall? (Canucks fans will call his an overpayment, and WSH fans will prob call this an underpayment and not enough) 

Boeser Hog 9th overall? 

Miller Hog 9th overall? 

Miller, 9th overall, 2nd round 2022?

Miller and 2 x 2nds? (I would actually heavily consider this one, but its prob not enough) 

I’m sorry but what the hell are you talking about?   
Both Miller and Boeser are younger, have better stats, and are cheaper. 
you want to bundle both of them, plus a top 10 pick?  
hahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahahahahahahhahahHhHHahahahahhahahahahahahhahaahahhaha

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahaha

hahahahahahahahhaha

• Haha 4

I nominate @DontMessMefor most hilarious/ridiculous post of the year for his work today.  

Not only did he suggest this over paid cocaine user would be a mentor for our young Russian, he suggested we trade two of our top 4 players who both out produce him, Plus a top 10 pick.   

Great work!

Edited by drummerboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

No thanks, we have Miller, Horvat and Petersson as centers. No need for Kuznestov. Canucks should target wingers since they only have Boeser, Podkolzin and Hoglander. We need one more top 6 winger to complete the top 6 and have miller or Horvat as 3rd C centering Pearson and Lind. Its either have that setup or look for 3C. Kuznestov doesnt fit the Canucks needs.

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

I nominate @DontMessMefor most hilarious/ridiculous post of the year for his work today.  

Not only did he suggest this over paid cocaine user would be a mentor for our young Russian, he suggested we trade two of our top 4 players who both out produce him, Plus a top 10 pick.   

Great work!

Go ahead! I love getting recognition!! :towel: #TANKFORBEDARD 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

Kuznetsov

29 pts in 41 games, 21 pts at even strength.

72.5% ozone starts

51.2% corsi

493 faceoffs = 41.4%

Unflattering outcomes, to say the least - however on the other hand he has very high on ice shooting % - can assume that he counterbalances some weaknesses with high quality scoring chances/conversion..

Regardless - there's nothing resembling a complete enough player - that I'd be spending anywhere near the kind of assets some people are talking about - to acquire a guy like him - that far into his prime.

Makes next to zero sense for us.

Let the Calgarys send a Gaudreau or Monahan that way.......while we stay the course and hard pass on distractions like this.

Calgary makes a lot of sense actually.  His character issues would make him a great fit with those scumbags; he'd make a great linemate for the midget on and off the ice.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

I'd take him!!! Kuz is a proven offensive centre and will boost up our 2nd line instantly and of course will also make Podz feel safe & warm!!

But the only way to make the trade work is for them to take on some % of Eriksson's contract and will have to throw in 2 top young guys and a 1st pick.... I really don't know if Juolevi + Lind would be enough?? 

Take away Ovi and his PP points .... and there is a pretty good chance Horvat is the better producer playing with Pearson and Hogs.   Hard pass. 

I wonder if Burkie would look at Malkin for Kuznetsov? I'd sure like to see Makkin and Ovechkin together to take one more old man run at the cup. 

It would take moving more lesser assets in the deal in the whole package, but it lowers Pittsburgh's cap, brings in new scoring, and gives Ovi a reason to re-sign in WSH at a discount for one more run. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wonder if Burkie would look at Malkin for Kuznetsov? I'd sure like to see Makkin and Ovechkin together to take one more old man run at the cup. 

It would take moving more lesser assets in the deal in the whole package, but it lowers Pittsburgh's cap, brings in new scoring, and gives Ovi a reason to re-sign in WSH at a discount for one more run. 

Malkin and Ovechkin are known to not get along.  Doesn't make sense for Washington to do this.