The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya we have huge holes on d and at center if we need a goalie we can draft one in 2 yrs    demko and dipietro have the nets the next ten yrs not worried bout that you pick a dman at draft and sign a decent third line center 

Dont forget we also have silvos. Ppl still wanna draft wallstead tho like cmon :picard:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IRR said:

Read his other posts!!! Is negative a lot & contradicts himself / is wrong constantly!! Funny how most others are seeing it and you're not, but that's nothing new. 

Or, you can stop with your constant negative / hateful agenda re: this team! 

What his other posts are like is irrelevant.  I am talking about this specific post. There is nothing negative in it. More just a shout out for Brown. Nothing wrong with showing some appreciation to a guy who got fired.

I notice a poster you dont have a grudge against for other reasons said the same thing I did and your response was very different. Like you trying to extrapolate that since Drance's other posts bother you this one also must, you are bringing non related bias about me into your response.

You are no different than what you are whining Drance is actually.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I cant wait for the rest of this off-season. I'm optimistic for once!

I amcautiously optimistic. Definitely dont want to see the EP and Hughes deals dragging on though. Would rather Benning have a clear idea ahead of the draft what cap he has to work with to avoid panic signings.

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

What his other posts are like is irrelevant.  I am talking about this specific post. There is nothing negative in it. More just a shout out for Brown. Nothing wrong with showing some appreciation to a guy who got fired.

I notice a poster you dont have a grudge against for other reasons said the same thing I did and your response was very different. Like you trying to extrapolate that since Drance's other posts bother you this one also must, you are bringing non related bias about me into your response.

You are no different than what you are whining Drance is actually.

Because, unless the tweet strictly support for him as a friend, he's full of s***. Because if the Canucks had kept him, 100% that Dance would have said bad pp, bad job by him and that the Canucks didn't make the necessary changes. He's done this type of stuff over & over. But, they did make the necessary changes and all of a sudden he's this great coach. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, IRR said:

Because, unless the tweet strictly support for him as a friend, he's full of s***. Because if the Canucks had kept him, 100% that Dance would have said bad pp, bad job by him and that the Canucks didn't make the necessary changes. He's done this type of stuff over & over. But, they did make the necessary changes and all of a sudden he's this great coach. 

Thats just your bias though. You have no actual evidence Drance would have done anything. He might have, who knows? But you claiming you know for a fact he would and then use that assumption to attack what was a pretty inconsequential statement is just you hating on Drance. 

1 hour ago, IRR said:

Read his other posts!!! Is negative a lot & contradicts himself / is wrong constantly!! Funny how most others are seeing it and you're not, but that's nothing new. 

Or, you can stop with your constant negative / hateful agenda re: this team! 

Saying Drance's statement about Brown is not some shot at Benning or the team isnt me hating on the team either. Its simply seeing what is right there minus the bias.

Drance says a lot of stupid things. This wasnt one of them though.

4 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Thats just your bias though. You have no actual evidence Drance would have done anything. He might have, who knows? But you claiming you know for a fact he would and then use that assumption to attack what was a pretty inconsequential statement is just you hating on Drance. 

As many have mentioned (not just my bias), he's constantly done that, so you can believe what you want. When someone has a track record of doing something, it's for a reason. 

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

As many have mentioned (not just my bias), he's constantly done that, so you can believe what you want. When someone has a track record of doing something, it's for a reason. 

So you would agree then that its also fair for people to criticize Benning for his long track record of bad UFA signings, terrible cap management, trading picks and prospects for ineffective tweeners, losing good executives, etc and extrapolate from that to suggest everything he does is going to be garbage?

I havent seen many people jump on this statement about Brown from Drance as some horrifying attack on the team. Just the usual people who view anything said as some attack on Benning.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So you would agree then that its also fair for people to criticize Benning for his long track record of bad UFA signings, terrible cap management, trading picks and prospects for ineffective tweeners, losing good executives, etc and extrapolate from that to suggest everything he does is going to be garbage?

I've heard Drance on the radio multiple times going on about needing changes / about the coaching staff (negatively)...so again, unless it's strictly support for a friend, he's full of s*** and has been many times and many of us see it. 

I've told you a million times, it's not what people are doing, it's how they're doing...pretty simple, yeah! Criticism is fine, but it's all the other stuff beyond that...and i'm (and i'm sure others) aren't going to keep explaining these things to you over and over again! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, IRR said:

I've heard Drance on the radio multiple times going on about needing changes / about the coaching staff (negatively)...so again, unless it's strictly support for a friend, he's full of s*** and has been many times and many of us see it. 

I've told you a million times, it's not what people are doing, it's how they're doing...pretty simple, yeah! Criticism is fine, but it's all the other stuff beyond that...and i'm (and i'm sure others) aren't going to keep explaining these things to you over and over again! 

Drance picks and chooses analytics to support his current agenda.  And his current agenda is to say wonderful things about the Dubas Leafs and bad things about the Benning Canucks.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

That was a good interview Shaw gave on 650.  It's great that Green took the initiative in this move and wants a different perspective on the staff, someone who has the stature to challenge him even.  Hopefully this brings the right mix of change and continuity.  I'm not going to sweat over retaining Baumgartner because I don't see him as being responsible for designing our substandard defensive system over the last 4 years.  That came from Green but Shaw will likely sit down with him and overhaul it for next year.  So we'll be getting some much needed changes after all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IRR said:

It is possible to believe that Brown needed to go and was ineffective and still believe he is a good coach who can help another team.