Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks announce coaching staff updates

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mordekai said:

Shaw told us why it was taking so long on in yesterday’s interview.

Brown was under contract and Shaw and green had to discuss without anyone’s knowledge. They only made the announcement once browns contract was up and not renewed as opposed to firing brown with weeks left in his contract. 
that’s not dragging that’s class!

I was talking about Clark's contract not Brown or Shaw's. Its a completely different situation if you are replacing a guy vs renegotiating to keep a guy. In the latter case, there is no behind the scenes stuff like there is in the former. I mean were they going to hide from Clark that they were talking to Clark about a new contract?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I was talking about Clark's contract not Brown or Shaw's. Its a completely different situation if you are replacing a guy vs renegotiating to keep a guy. In the latter case, there is no behind the scenes stuff like there is in the former. I mean were they going to hide from Clark that they were talking to Clark about a new contract?

How do you know the contract wasn’t done for all 4 returning coaches??? 
No reason to think this wasn’t the case and they were just announcing al the coaches for the year like they typically do

Stop parroting our negative media 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sedinery 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Based on results, the only assistant coach deserving of an extension was Clark.  Sorry to see Baumgartner was renewed. Hopefully.he is relegated to cleaning lockers. 

I agree and have been saying the exact same that ALL the coaching staff including Green - excluding Clark - should have been turfed.   Not to mention Uncle Jim.  

 

We're now going into season 8 with JB and the team actually finished worse off this year that 7 years ago when he took over and we're still going backwards.   This team is years away from being a serious contender.  just watch the playoffs now and try telling me that we can compete with those teams now.  Not a chance..................!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Probably had an impact but it was also at the point where another team could have tried to sign Clark so could have gone the other way.

Are you suggesting a different team would negotiate with a Canuck coach that had a valid contract?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why are you trying so hard to spin this into a negative? 

How is stating the obvious spinning it into a negative?

 

Leaving the negotiations that long was a risk he would garner interest from elsewhere.

 

Re-signing him is a good thing. Does that mean there wasnt a significant risk of him not doing so with the delay by Benning? Of course not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mordekai said:

How do you know the contract wasn’t done for all 4 returning coaches??? 
No reason to think this wasn’t the case and they were just announcing al the coaches for the year like they typically do

Stop parroting our negative media 

Well, I guess I believed Benning at his year end presser when he specifically said he had not yet started talks with Clark or the other coaches but would shortly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Are you suggesting a different team would negotiate with a Canuck coach that had a valid contract?

Haha no not negotiate. They would have asked for permission if they wanted to. But are you really so naive to think that Clark or any other coach would not know well ahead of time what their potential options would be if they were not being brought back?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Why does everyone spell clark with a E(clarke)

 

its clark, no E

maybe because everyone wants brandt Clarke lol

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you are way too invested in your Benning hate narrative, you're seeing shadows. Its getting hard to take your posts seriously. 

 

I dont hate Benning at all. 

 

Whats hard to take seriously is people who think stating the obvious is hate. The longer you leave a person hanging without a new contract, the bigger the risk is they start thinking about their options. Thats true of any employment contract anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont hate Benning at all. 

 

Whats hard to take seriously is people who think stating the obvious is hate. The longer you leave a person hanging without a new contract, the bigger the risk is they start thinking about their options. Thats true of any employment contract anywhere.

OK boss. You know what the sunk cost fallacy is, I'm sure. Thats you with Benning. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 1:34 PM, Pickly said:

Not thrilled about having Baumgartner back. Dont expect much of a difference in defensive philosophy next season. 

Yeah really surprised they brought him back, but then again they did keep Benning as well even after his Toffoli debacle so i guess i shouldn't be.....Sigh:picard:

At this point an evil part of me is hoping Montreal goes all the way and Toffoli wins the MVP just to make him look that much stupider,

Edited by Bure2Win
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

OK boss. You know what the sunk cost fallacy is, I'm sure. Thats you with Benning. 

I dont see how stating that leaving someone hanging is a risk is me doubling down on anything regarding Benning. The same would be true of every GM in the league who left a key coach hanging in the wind until the last minute.

 

Clark got 5 years. Green got 2. Do you really not see the leverage Clark had in that negotiation? Clark is worth it but I think the terms show just who was driving the bus on that negotiation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont see how stating that leaving someone hanging is a risk is me doubling down on anything regarding Benning. The same would be true of every GM in the league who left a key coach hanging in the wind until the last minute.

 

Clark got 5 years. Green got 2. Do you really not see the leverage Clark had in that negotiation? Clark is worth it but I think the terms show just who was driving the bus on that negotiation.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont see how stating that leaving someone hanging is a risk is me doubling down on anything regarding Benning. The same would be true of every GM in the league who left a key coach hanging in the wind until the last minute.

 

Clark got 5 years. Green got 2. Do you really not see the leverage Clark had in that negotiation? Clark is worth it but I think the terms show just who was driving the bus on that negotiation.

wouldn't a gm logically want to lock down the consensus best goalie coach in the league for as long as he can? why would benning negotiate to give clark less term than he wants?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...