The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Semifinals  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2021 at 01:00 AM

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Yes, reffing is bad but we seem to think it’s a league wide conspiracy and Bettman seems to be behind it, heck we even built a statue.

"Yes reffing is bad" shouldn't be followed by "but".

Over it and moving on now.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I’m getting married tomorrow so I missed most of the game but I discreetly watched the OT on my phone during our rehearsal. I yelled when Anderson scored and my fiancé just shook her head and laughed 

Very understanding Fiance.  She's a keeper.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I’m getting married tomorrow so I missed most of the game but I discreetly watched the OT on my phone during our rehearsal. I yelled when Anderson scored and my fiancé just shook her head and laughed 

OMG CONGRATULATIONS

ON THE MARRIAGE TOO!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Lots of fans/teams in the league complain about officiating.  Not just us.

The refs actually suck.

And your first line makes no sense at all.

I'm pretty sure "follow through" is when you're in control of the puck...not batting at it.  It's pretty clearly laid out if you read the entire thing.

What about one timers, no control there?

I was on the Canadiens site looking at the CH tattoos.  Gosh, all the tattoos are so cute!  Maybe next time when I go to the Playoffs, next year, two years from now, I will get an ol' skool tattoo.  I always wanted to get one on the right side of my stomach where my ribs are. 

8 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Didn't know that. What a twist of fate.

I think there was a side deal CBJ made with Vegas not to take him. Though I guess Vegas can't really complain since they got Karlsson instead who has been great for them 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You need to rehearse making the biggest mistake of your life?

Remember, the worlds longest sentence is “I do”.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I agree but the way the rule is assuming the ref thought contact was made on the batting attempt then no penalty is the proper call.

Just getting tired of all the ref whining Canuck fans do, no wonder the rest of the league hates us. 

Ive went back and watched every call someone whined about and the refs actually did a good job.

We have the technology

On a injurious play, where the man was bleeding profusely, just get the call right. 

if it was the stick hitting him, his own stick or the puck? Tihe video replay can help the officials make the right determination added to their vision or non-vision of things in real time, 

If the rules do not currently reflect this, they should. Get some more progressive & decent individuals running the League like a new Chairman of the BOG & League Commissioner and they might.

As it stands, the room for more misinterpretations & extra drama is apparently what thiis League wants.