The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[signing] [MIN] Joel Eriksson Ek signs extension with the Wild (8 years, $5.25M AAV)

37 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Fun fact: Eriksson Ek was chosen over Boeser by Minnesota.

You can bet Minnesota would wish they could re-do that draft. Eriksson Ek isn't a bad player, but Boeser has vastly outperformed him.

He used to be their "should have drafted Boeser" but not anymore.  He has become invaluable.  One of the very best matchup Cs in the league.  Was even 4th in Selke voting.  He's someone you win with in the post-season. 

• Cheers 4

6 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Umm is their any guarantee that he isn’t just a 3rd line Center? To me there’s still a chance that’s all he is to me. A crash and bang type player but 5.25 mill on the cap for 8 years is a huge risk I think anyway.

19 goals in a pandemic shortened season is pretty decent.  Wild did well here.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, mll said:

He used to be their "should have drafted Boeser" but not anymore.  He has become invaluable.  One of the very best matchup Cs in the league.  Was even 4th in Selke voting.  

good value deal for Minni for sure. I like this one much more than the RNH deal, Ek is much more useful. 

21 minutes ago, mll said:

He's someone you win with in the post-season. 

well... kinda? :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Not to mention Boeser being homegrown.  Think of how bad it would be here if Benning had passed on Jake and Virtanen flourished elsewhere.

Pretty much the prime example of how you can’t win with these people. 

• Cheers 1