The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Kucherov's full post-game press conference... shirtless and drunk

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

A drunk shirtless guy isn't entertaining to me so I'd have to say I don't see the hoopla over this presser.  I think he should have maybe shown some humility as a gracious winner versus a cocky one.  Manners never get boring to me.

People saying it shows "personality" - when it's someone hammered ripping others is that true personality or the booze talking?  Maybe it's just me, but I've seen too many of those clowns who've been up partying for 3 days then want the world to hear them.  No thanks.  Pass.

Kuchshirtoff went low and there was really no need for that.  I'll get flamed for this even though it's just my personal feeling about it all.  Handshakes and sportsmanship are part of the post game deal at a final...that should end the trash talk and there was a total lack of respect for that.  Even if it gets "boring" to hear the same ol' rhetoric after a series, it's also about allowing the losing team to be extended some dignity.   To go after the fans?  Weak.

The fan part was directed straight back at the ones who wrote death threats to the players and their family members - to me that's bad manners and classless.  I'm sure it wasn't many fans doing this but it happened.   It was funny though, growing up watching WG be a perfect person for the sport, and Mario - guys like Hull and Roenick were refreshing, don't see this as much different then that.   Three days no sleep, not his first language, will take it at face value.   Love  the Belivaue's, Sakics, WG of the game, but also like some colour too and that's all i saw there.   It was a memorable post cup interview.   Bad manners and all. 

• Cheers 2

On 7/8/2021 at 3:28 PM, 73 Percent said:

Hockey needs more personality.

Personality sure, but if you need alcohol ++ to let your personality shine through there's a problem. Let him say all these things in a sober, coherent manner. 

There's a problem with society when this is acceptable. 

1 hour ago, NucksinNorway said:

Personality sure, but if you need alcohol ++ to let your personality shine through there's a problem. Let him say all these things in a sober, coherent manner. 

There's a problem with society when this is acceptable. 

You must be fun a parties.

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Regardless, what did Kuch say that wasn’t true?  

I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is I agree the nhl needs more personality, I just didn't realize drunk was a personality trait. It annoys me that the advocates for his interview don't see this. Would he have said all those things sober? Probably not. Bring on someone that has the balls to say those things sober. I'm all for that. A drunken/high player is not a good image 

11 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

I'm not arguing that. What I'm saying is I agree the nhl needs more personality, I just didn't realize drunk was a personality trait. It annoys me that the advocates for his interview don't see this. Would he have said all those things sober? Probably not. Bring on someone that has the balls to say those things sober. I'm all for that. A drunken/high player is not a good image 

Seems like it is a good image for someone celebrating victory.  We celebrate many things in our lives with alcohol.  Heck We christen new ships with alcohol.  It’s part of our culture.  Kuch drinking and being tipsy during a celebratory time connects to people.  

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seems like it is a good image for someone celebrating victory.  We celebrate many things in our lives with alcohol.  Heck We christen new ships with alcohol.  It’s part of our culture.  Kuch drinking and being tipsy during a celebratory time connects to people.  

So what did you like about the interview. What he said, or that he was drunk/high? 

Edit: and he was more than just tipsy. He could barely even talk. 

Edited by NucksinNorway
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

So what did you like about the interview. What he said, or that he was drunk/high? 

Edit: and he was more than just tipsy. He could barely even talk. 

Let's see how you sound after not sleeping for three nights.

• Vintage 1

19 hours ago, reyezone said:

After the last couple seasons these guys went through they can act however they want imho

and what did they go thru? sure they won the cup,twice, but this time was a little easier wouldn't you say  and Kuch had no right saying what he did about the Montreal fans, that was childish  but of course it came from being drunk. sure was a good look for the NHL (not).  if you have to act like that during an interview for all to see including kids,  it sure put a smear on Bettman and the NHL!!!

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, NucksinNorway said:

I've seen a lot of drunk/high people and Kuch was nowhere near as mangled as you're making it sound.  He was perfectly coherent in his second language.  

2 hours ago, NucksinNorway said:

There is a difference between parties and public profiles doing interviews. 

Public profile doing an interview after a party. I'm sure you would have criticized him if he turned the interview down as well.

• Cheers 1