The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Kucherov's full post-game press conference... shirtless and drunk

Rate this topic

45 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Say what y'all want, but if Petey was in Kuch's shoes and said the same stuff... you would eat it up.

Speak for yourself, not the rest of us. 

If Petey pulled that $&!# I'd be disappointed, it'd also be really out of character. 

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

And if he had put in more than 23 games, he would not be getting the reaction he is.

I'm guessing if it were Stamkos or Hedman saying the same things the reaction wouldn't change.

Odd choice to have a drunken shirtless player do this kind of interview, but I like that he's ruffling a few feathers. Will make Tampa/Montreal games next year more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'm guessing if it were Stamkos or Hedman saying the same things the reaction wouldn't change.

Odd choice to have a drunken shirtless player do this kind of interview, but I like that he's ruffling a few feathers. Will make Tampa/Montreal games next year more interesting.

That's only if they face each other in the playoffs. Kucherov won't be playing during the regular season.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Your guess would be wrong, were it those players I would not be commenting on their lack of games played.

So yah, the reaction would change.

12 minutes ago, gurn said:

Your guess would be wrong, were it those players I would not be commenting on their lack of games played.

So yah, the reaction would change.

How does his number of games played affect the comments he made?

12 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Oh loosen up a little people. One of the reasons why hockey is the little brother amongst North American major sports is because hockey players are notoriously known to have some of the most boring personalities. Whenever a hockey player tries to show his personality, people and the media instantly question his "class" or "attitude." Kucherov is just cracking a few jokes after winning the cup. 

I’m not really sure what the problem is with a difference of opinion on this is. Some people loved it and some didn’t and that’s fine. Everybody has their own  line for what’s entertaining and what goes too far.

A few years back I loved the report of Jumbo Joe’s reaction to Hertl’s 4 goals while others hated it. Fans in NY thought it was the funniest thing ever to chant “buy a Porsche” when Philly came to town after Pelle Lindbergh’s death. And no I’m not comparing the two, I’m just pointing out that everyone has different tolerances for how they see class or a lack thereof.

76820D70-A4B1-4834-A89B-E13AA2D72582.gif

11 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

That’s some #1 bullish!t.

Actually he’s hilarious, love the interview.

That was probably the most honest interview i've ever seen.   Absolutely hilarious.   Nikita is lucky he can play in the NHL.   First off i had more muscles when i was 13.   And secondly pretty much every dive bar ive ever gone too, that's pretty much what every working man joe starts talking like around 12:00pm lol.   Magic.   I wanted MTL to win so bad.   Respect NK.   What an animal.   No sleep in three days - i wonder what the trainers had him on the entire playoffs now.   Sliding his "bud light" across the table was hilarious, there is about 20 sound bites in there that makes me laugh.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

What exavtly did Kuch say that wasn’t accurate? 

Not much.   Did have a hard time answering 3 questions.   English isn't his first language though.   Might be the best post cup interview i've ever watched 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

If Petey pulled that $&!# I'd be disappointed, it'd also be really out of character. 

He just won the cup.   Precluded the questions that he hasn't slept in three days.   I have experience with that, and going to work for 10-12 hours doing a physical job.   I wouldn't give two sh!ts what Petey said if he won the cup, would you? 

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

MTL fans started it with death threats to their players and families.  

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Wouldn’t that mean our guys just won the cup?  I’d be fine with Petey saying the same as Kuch, because we would be finally having a parade down Georgia!  Plus, I’d be passed out and not hear the interview. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Still think it's classless, and the dude is a tool. You're welcome to think differently. 

If he ends up on LTIR again here's hoping it's legit and not some loophole bs.

Coconuts i'm guessing you've never been through a serious injury and the sort of re-hab that is required.   I've made several comments about how it's not fair to have no cap come playoff time, but you can guarantee he wasn't 100% but played anyways.   Isn't that what you want from your players?  Go check out Seguins re-hab.   The guy just won another cup, let him be a d!ck or abrasive or whatever.   I'm sure his body is going to deteriorate.   Might have cost him and his team another.   Wanted the Habs to score badly, but it is what it is.   Try not sleeping for three days and going to work, in a job that's required perfection, get that perfection, have some beers and see what you say before judging. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Rubik said:

i fail to see what's so great about this. in my opinion he could have been a bit more classy. but congratulations to them anyway.

I will first start by saying I f***ing hate Tampa and the way they intelligently but shadily used the LTIR for Kucherov who was clearly good to play a month prior to playoffs. But I loved the interview and I feel like there should be more of this “sharing the excitement” in post game interviews. No filters, no need to watch your elbows on the table, chewing with your mouth closed, saying please and thank you. F*** the manners, have fun, celebrate, and I’d want to see Horvat, Pettersson, Demko, Boeser and all of the Canucks celebrate the same way. People are just bitter that Tampa won and I will be the first to admit I am bitter and I dislike Kucherov for an invalid reason, that he sat out all season and his GM made sure he could and then brought him back for the playoffs and they won a cup and Kucherov lead the f***ing league in scoring in the post season.

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Coconuts i'm guessing you've never been through a serious injury and the sort of re-hab that is required.   I've made several comments about how it's not fair to have no cap come playoff time, but you can guarantee he wasn't 100% but played anyways.   Isn't that what you want from your players?  Go check out Seguins re-hab.   The guy just won another cup, let him be a d!ck or abrasive or whatever.   I'm sure his body is going to deteriorate.   Might have cost him and his team another.   Wanted the Habs to score badly, but it is what it is.   Try not sleeping for three days and going to work, in a job that's required perfection, get that perfection, have some beers and see what you say before judging. 

Weren’t the Habs over the cap and into cap relief too?  A lot of teams do this.  It means the players get more money, so the NHLPA is happy with it too.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Weren’t the Habs over the cap and into cap relief too?  A lot of teams do this.  It means the players get more money, so the NHLPA is happy with it too.  

Didn’t Tampa want to shut down the loophole and all the other teams wanted to keep it?

Oh the irony.

• Vintage 2

16 minutes ago, IBatch said:

He just won the cup.   Precluded the questions that he hasn't slept in three days.   I have experience with that, and going to work for 10-12 hours doing a physical job.   I wouldn't give two sh!ts what Petey said if he won the cup, would you? 

Yeah, I would. Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled because it'd mean we won a cup, but I'd be disappointed in him for blasting the other team's fanbase and someone who deservingly won an award. Flower had a good year, I hate the Knights. Vasi had a good year too, but he didn't win. 

That's my prerogative, others don't have to see it the same way or even agree with me, but I'm entitled to my own perception.  

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wouldn’t that mean our guys just won the cup?  I’d be fine with Petey saying the same as Kuch, because we would be finally having a parade down Georgia!  Plus, I’d be passed out and not hear the interview. 

Yeah, winning the cup would be rad, but I explained the rest above. 

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Nah, but I'm also not a professional athlete or tradesmen being paid a ton of money to do a job. If anything, I'm overly cautious and it's served me well. Yes, I want our players to compete hard, but yes, I'd also prefer them to win graciously. 

I like the Lightning, they're a very talented group and there's no disputing that. I don't like the shenanigans surrounding this cup win though, and I'd feel the same if the team they had beaten wasn't Montreal. I'm not going to pretend to be a huge Habs fan. I don't have to experience something to pass judgement or have a perception on something, if that were the case many of us would have far fewer opinions and views. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Didn’t Tampa want to shut down the loophole and all the other teams wanted to keep it?

Oh the irony.

The owners with less money would definitely want this gone.  But the players, and wealthy owners definitely want to keep it.  I can’t see the NHLPA giving this up without something very nice coming their way - like no escrow.