The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Kucherov's full post-game press conference... shirtless and drunk

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

The guaranteed contract bit?

He sure looked healthy practicing leading up to the playoffs, I recall others around here saying as much. Other teams knew exactly what Tampa was doing, and so did Tampa. 

The NHL should at least put some sort of limit on how much over the cap a team can be come playoff time, because what Tampa did was pretty outrageous.

And that's not to take away from their talent, they were simply allowed to ice significantly more of it.

The change i want to see is stop allowing teams to trade for LTIR players who have no chance of playing. 

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Rubik said:

i fail to see what's so great about this. in my opinion he could have been a bit more classy. but congratulations to them anyway.

I will first start by saying I f***ing hate Tampa and the way they intelligently but shadily used the LTIR for Kucherov who was clearly good to play a month prior to playoffs. But I loved the interview and I feel like there should be more of this “sharing the excitement” in post game interviews. No filters, no need to watch your elbows on the table, chewing with your mouth closed, saying please and thank you. F*** the manners, have fun, celebrate, and I’d want to see Horvat, Pettersson, Demko, Boeser and all of the Canucks celebrate the same way. People are just bitter that Tampa won and I will be the first to admit I am bitter and I dislike Kucherov for an invalid reason, that he sat out all season and his GM made sure he could and then brought him back for the playoffs and they won a cup and Kucherov lead the f***ing league in scoring in the post season.

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I’m not really sure what the problem is with a difference of opinion on this is. Some people loved it and some didn’t and that’s fine. Everybody has their own  line for what’s entertaining and what goes too far.

A few years back I loved the report of Jumbo Joe’s reaction to Hertl’s 4 goals while others hated it. Fans in NY thought it was the funniest thing ever to chant “buy a Porsche” when Philly came to town after Pelle Lindbergh’s death. And no I’m not comparing the two, I’m just pointing out that everyone has different tolerances for how they see class or a lack thereof.

76820D70-A4B1-4834-A89B-E13AA2D72582.gif

Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion. 

My opinion was just that people get to uptight with how NHL players conduct themselves off the ice. 

The larger message behind my post was that hockey will always be my favourite sport to watch, but I can totally see why the NBA and NFL are much more appealing for people from an entertainment perspective. Those leagues do so much of a better job of letting their star players showcase themselves and build their own branding. I believe there's a tendency from fans and the media to shame NHL players whenever they "step out of line" which makes for incredible boring hockey personalities. I find that Bieksa is one of the very few that's been able to cleverly walk that thin line of being a "proper" hockey player but also being a great, unique personality on air.  

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Guys on the radio (650) just saying some Tampa players were getting death threats from Habs fans on social media.  Maybe that knowledge contributed to Kucherov’s ‘Montreal fans’ comments?  

Impossible. We all know the only team with a fanbase abhorrent enough to do something like that is the Canucks.

A winner - and a loser.

Like a lot of Champions.  Surprise, he's human when unscripting.

Champions as great as a Djokovic - come unglued at times.

I agreed with him re: Vasilievskiy....

But then clearly, the lubrication was in - and he mocks the excitement of a city that celebrated a win in the SCF.. what leaked out of that beer can = came accross as an ugly superiority moment "their final was last series, ok.." - might not want to take those wns for granted.

Maybe a bit of irony there.   Did they embarrass themselves after a win?

Edited by oldnews
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Like 3 mil or less?

Also was Salo ready game 1?

There were some cap shenanigans going on all year to keep that D-core together. It may not have been as egregious as Tampa/Kucherov, but it was the same idea.

Getting mad about it is kind of hypocritical.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, D-Money said:

There were some cap shenanigans going on all year to keep that D-core together. It may not have been as egregious as Tampa/Kucherov, but it was the same idea.

Getting mad about it is kind of hypocritical.

Kucherov and Stamkos. And they were both magically 100% for game 1.

It’s really not even comparable. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They just exploited the same loophole to a whole new level. 

44 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Stamkos went on LTIR on 15 April - ie after the trade deadline per CapFriendly.  There have also been questions that he was playing through injury to start the NYI series - he answered that he was good enough to play.

Kucherov had surgery to repair a labrum tear in his hip.  This season alone there were 3 other cases - each given 5 to 6 months recovery time.  Kucherov came back after 4.5 months.

Seguin took 6 months when recovery was announced at 5 months.  Operation was early Nov he returned to end the season for 3 games in May.

Pastrnak took 4.5 months - was announced as 5 months after surgery performed mid-September with his return end of January.

Tuukka Rask isn't expected back before January.

The NHL investigated all LTIR cases.  They have access to medical records and use independent doctors to conduct their own medical review. 

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Hockey needs more personality.

Hockey needs more players ripping on fans

and ya that was the best interview ever

Edited by lmm
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I was wondering how he managed to get so drunk on it...:unsure:

Maybe they had beer in the dressing room as well?

He's russian.  Probably re-habbed with a bottle of vodka every day.   And chugged a mickey in the dressing room and was chasing it with water.   (oh sorry it was bud-light, for Canadians that's like water). 

• Cheers 1