The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Islanders trade Andrew Ladd, 2021 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 2nd-round pick, conditional 2023 3rd-round pick to Coyotes

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, Ladd has two years left as opposed to Loui's one year. And $8m vs $4m of actual cash.

Eriksson would be cheaper to dump. That said, we likely just waive him or buy him out. We have other moves we can do.

Signing bonus of 3M was probably already paid - most contracts pay them out on 1 July.  So leaves 1M in salary this coming season + 4M the next. 

13 minutes ago, mll said:

Signing bonus of 3M was probably already paid - most contracts pay them out on 1 July.  So leaves 1M in salary this coming season + 4M the next. 

Same for Eriksson than though. Still $5m vs $3m then.

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Islanders have to expose either pulock or mayfield. They have no dmen but have cap space now, almost 20 mill. This is how we trade schmidt to them. They need an offensive dman with leddy and probably mayfield gone now. Very interesting

Trotz and Schmidt don't really see eye to eye.

48 minutes ago, aGENT said:

To be fair, Ladd has two years left as opposed to Loui's one year. And $8m vs $4m of actual cash.

Eriksson would be cheaper to dump. That said, we likely just waive him or buy him out. We have other moves we can do.

Feels to me the Canucks are keeping him. I could see a demotion to the minors. Maybe they tell him that after his bonus is paid and he takes the hint and retires. If he doesn't, LE is Abbotsford bound imho. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Between Leddy and Ladd that's a fair bit of cap cleared out, I wonder what they're up to 

Lou Lam is the King for a reason.  The guy collects draft capital for Toews and Leddy, then spends it to dump a toxic contract.  Going after Landiskog?  

Just now, aGENT said:

OK so $7m vs $3m...point still stands, Eriksson would be a LOT cheaper to dump, in theory.

Was correcting my previous numbers. 

Arizona seems to have acquired Ladd to help bring some culture change.  He was apparently a positive influence in NYI although not playing much.  Not sure Eriksson is viewed to have that kind of leadership.  Might just be trying to justify spending 7M and having an inefficient contract on the books.  Thought Arizona was looking to save money in the short term.

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

Feels to me the Canucks are keeping him. I could see a demotion to the minors. Maybe they tell him that after his bonus is paid and he takes the hint and retires. If he doesn't, LE is Abbotsford bound imho. 

Loui  is about to become a member of the West Coast Express. He will be taking the train daily between his home in Vancouver and then rink in Abbotsford.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Lou Lam is the King for a reason.  The guy collects draft capital for Toews and Leddy, then spends it to dump a toxic contract.  Going after Landiskog?  

Maybe, they've got a good group of forwards but Landeskog would be a legit add

The question is what it'd cost 

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

So there u go... two 2nds and a 3rd to dump the contract.  Safe to say we need to ride out our bad ones for one more year.

Different contract term, only one 2nd is guaranteed, and Ladd runs an additional year from Loui. 

A good 2nd round pick should get it done, but need a team with enough cap space.

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Different contract term, only one 2nd is guaranteed, and Ladd runs an additional year from Loui. 

A good 2nd round pick should get it done, but need a team with enough cap space.

this was a really good deal for the islanders, there must have been competition.