The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

2 hours ago, dougieL said:

Man OEL is just awful. Watching him gives me a massive headache. But knowing what we gave up for him, and what he's going to cost for the next 4 (or 8, depending) years after this (already awful) one is seriously next level. Wow. I really wonder if the Sedin's feel bad at all for vouching so hard for him. 

Instead of bumping the old trade thread, you should post anything about OEL's current playmaking (or lack thereof) to the Current Roster OEL thread at 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dougieL said:

Man OEL is just awful. Watching him gives me a massive headache. But knowing what we gave up for him, and what he's going to cost for the next 4 (or 8, depending) years after this (already awful) one is seriously next level. Wow. I really wonder if the Sedin's feel bad at all for vouching so hard for him. 

Wait what??? Sedins vouched for him? Do we have that anywhere?

Surprised to see Arizona have four 2nd round picks in 2025. 

I know that team has been eating bad contracts and still have a tonne of cap space now, but they've been rebuilding forever. We all say they're doing it right, but they've stunk for a long time. They've basically started a young core around Keller and Chychrun and are ready to tear that down and start again. 

Meanwhile teams like Buffalo and NJD are doing the rebuild right but that's the difference between getting a bunch of top-10 picks compared to a few top-3 / top-1 picks.

On 11/18/2022 at 2:36 AM, AnthonyG said:

No offence but everyone that already dislikes OEL because he isnt the saviour and his cap hit is 7.2mil… There is going to be a bias agreement on any negative outlook on OEL. But they’ll turn a blind eye to Schenn and Hughes. Its the same with Poolman, he’ll make 2-3 subtle plays that are very smart plays, but no one notices and then the moment he does something slightly wrong everyone just blows up

Thoughts on OEL? :lol:

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 1:53 PM, -SN- said:

So, I have to say I don't like this.  We've essentially extended an awful contract, except now it's worse. We don't have a first round pick, again, and we're running dry on prospects. For everyone saying Gillis left us with the cupboards empty, Benning is doing the same. 

Top 30 Group Slow Clap GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Is there a way to ignore a thread? 

If you are someone who supported this trade you should go back and read every single post from the beginning as part of your penance. 

Edited by kanucks25
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

If you are someone who supported this trade you should go back and read every single post from the beginning as part of your penance. 

The worst part is Benning probably thought he made such a clever trade…

One of the best responses was something like “did we just trade the 9th overall pick just so we can deal with cap problems a couple years from now” :picard:

They were spot on. That’s exactly what we did…

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1