The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oliver Ekman-Larsson | #23 | D

-AJ-

3 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

A recovery from OEL and a bounce back from his horrid season would be massive for us next year. 

I don't know if OEL will ever play like a 7M+ defenseman again, but if he can come back healthy and play closer to a 6M defenseman (like his first season with us) it will go a long way to stabilizing the defense corps. I think he can do it and I really hope he does because his contract is clearly untradable and a buyout carries way too high of a penalty. 

yea i agree on him being able to perform way better without an injury. especially considering its most likely his leg he had surgery previous offseason thats been keepin him down. u cant perform more then 70-80% at best with that type of injury. more mobility to get into positions will make a huge difference. 

On 5/17/2023 at 9:57 AM, Diamonds said:

I don't know if OEL will ever play like a 7M+ defenseman again, but if he can come back healthy and play closer to a 6M defenseman (like his first season with us) it will go a long way to stabilizing the defense corps. I think he can do it and I really hope he does because his contract is clearly untradable and a buyout carries way too high of a penalty. 

If he can get back to just being as good defensively as he was with us in his 1st season, hes gonna be PERFECT on a pair with hronek.

Bear will be fine with hughes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not to rub salt into the wound.

But Dylan Guenther has 28 points in 24 games in the WHL playoffs and is in the Memorial Cup.

(16 of those points are goals.)

Jesus Benning, what the hell were you thinking?

Benning :picard:

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not to rub salt into the wound.

But Dylan Guenther has 28 points in 24 games in the WHL playoffs and is in the Memorial Cup.

(16 of those points are goals.)

Jesus Benning, what the hell were you thinking?

To be fair, we don't know that we would've even selected Guenther in the draft anyway.

• Cheers 3

• 4 weeks later...

well this might open some doors both ways....if OEL wants to try and continue in the league that is now his own decision. how is his body doing and can he in the future compete near his previous level? No idea...his body seems to make this decision for him. wish him the best and good luck moving forward. Hope his body heals and lets him play at the level he wants it to again. if not hes still had a remarkable carreer....one most only dream of. 

26 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

well this might open some doors both ways....if OEL wants to try and continue in the league that is now his own decision. how is his body doing and can he in the future compete near his previous level? No idea...his body seems to make this decision for him. wish him the best and good luck moving forward. Hope his body heals and lets him play at the level he wants it to again. if not hes still had a remarkable carreer....one most only dream of. 

He turns 32 years old next month coming off a major injury.  

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Benning stain is hard to cleanse but new management is trying their best to do it. OEL is a huge part of that stain now gone. 

Actually, the stain will now remain for 8 more years.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1