The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

2 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Bichsel/Schaefer/Warren/Salomonsson......Final Offer. ::D  Salomonsson is an extremely talented RD who took a bit of a step back which is a concern, but if you draft on pure talent alone and develop, he could be a major win.  Whoever else we select would be low risk to compensate a bit.

Have you seen Reid Schaefer?

If we find a 2nd round pick early enough that he's there he will instantly be my new favourite Canuck while still leaving us a 3rd for Warren!!

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

If we find a 2nd round pick early enough that he's there he will instantly be my new favourite Canuck while still leaving us a 3rd for Warren!!

I hadn't really seen him until Button ranked him much higher.  Definitely seems like a late riser and a decent pick.  Big shot and has some size, but that moustache he is trying to grow still needs some advancement.  Getting Warren in the 3rd would be a steal since he is exactly what we need, just not with our 15OA.

Every year it's the same old song though isn't it. Guys we all like available in the 2-3rd rounds, yet those guys always go to the teams that's pick right before us haha

• Like 1

Warren has jumped into the mid second round now on many lists....doubt we see him fall to the third - sadly

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Arizona Coyotes with 7 picks in the first 45 picks of the draft could have a very big night. Based on one of the mocks I've seen they could come out Cooley, Bichsel, Ostlund, Luneau, Odelius, Bystedt, and Lamoureux/Rinzel all by pick 46.

Coyotes are getting primed with great young talent, and brand new rink, and lots of cap space to sign Matthews as a UFA summer 2024.  Loser Leafs will get nothing when AM leaves, and that’s friggin’ hilarious!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Arizona Coyotes with 7 picks in the first 45 picks of the draft could have a very big night. Based on one of the mocks I've seen they could come out Cooley, Bichsel, Ostlund, Luneau, Odelius, Bystedt, and Lamoureux/Rinzel all by pick 46.

So by 2030 they might actually have fans in their building?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I found this on another site:

Here's my updated consolidated first round rankings. I'm up to 25 mock drafts and rankings. Quick recap; I take all of the rankings and mock drafts I can find, each position gets points (#1 = 32, #2 = 31, etc.), then add them all up and put them in order. It's meant to get the consensus and I'm curious to see how closely this lines up to the actual results.

1) Wright (799)
2) Cooley (758)
3) Slafkovsky (742)
4) Nemec (720)
5) Jiricek (672)
6) Kemell (636)
7) Savoie (622)
8) Gauthier (553)
9) Lekkerimaki (538)
10) Nazar (504)
11) Yurov (477)
12) Mintyukov (474)
13) Korchinski (464)
14) Geekie (433)
15) Lambert (430)
16) Kasper (423)
17) Mateychuk (400)
18) McGroarty (302)
19) Ohgren (275)
20) Kulich (227)
21) Snuggerud (197)
22) Pickering (196)
23) Miroshnichenko (186)
24) Bichsel (176)
25) Trikozov (163)
26) Mesar (151)
27) Chesley (150)
28) Ostlund (140)
29) Howard (139)
30) Firkus (129)
31) Casey (101)
32) Odelius (88)

this may have been it! thanks!

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Here's my updated consolidated first round rankings. I'm up to 25 mock drafts and rankings. Quick recap; I take all of the rankings and mock drafts I can find, each position gets points (#1 = 32, #2 = 31, etc.), then add them all up and put them in order. It's meant to get the consensus and I'm curious to see how closely this lines up to the actual results.

1) Wright (799)
2) Cooley (758)
3) Slafkovsky (742)
4) Nemec (720)
5) Jiricek (672)
6) Kemell (636)
7) Savoie (622)
8) Gauthier (553)
9) Lekkerimaki (538)
10) Nazar (504)
11) Yurov (477)
12) Mintyukov (474)
13) Korchinski (464)
14) Geekie (433)
15) Lambert (430)
16) Kasper (423)
17) Mateychuk (400)
18) McGroarty (302)
19) Ohgren (275)
20) Kulich (227)
21) Snuggerud (197)
22) Pickering (196)
23) Miroshnichenko (186)
24) Bichsel (176)
25) Trikozov (163)
26) Mesar (151)
27) Chesley (150)
28) Ostlund (140)
29) Howard (139)
30) Firkus (129)
31) Casey (101)
32) Odelius (88)

So many great options at 15 and lower.  This is one crazy draft because everyone’s top 15 is different.  Any of the top 25 could go top 15 in this draft.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

They may even have more if they make that Chychrun trade before the draft lol

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

1) Wright (799)
2) Cooley (758)
3) Slafkovsky (742)
4) Nemec (720)
5) Jiricek (672)
6) Kemell (636)
7) Savoie (622)
8) Gauthier (553)
9) Lekkerimaki (538)
10) Nazar (504)
11) Yurov (477)
12) Mintyukov (474)
13) Korchinski (464)
14) Geekie (433)
15) Lambert (430)
16) Kasper (423)
17) Mateychuk (400)
18) McGroarty (302)
19) Ohgren (275)
20) Kulich (227)
21) Snuggerud (197)
22) Pickering (196)
23) Miroshnichenko (186)
24) Bichsel (176)
25) Trikozov (163)
26) Mesar (151)
27) Chesley (150)
28) Ostlund (140)
29) Howard (139)
30) Firkus (129)
31) Casey (101)
32) Odelius (88)

That’s cool like an aggregate public ranking.

Three guys who don’t get talked about too much here that are ranked interestingly to me are:

Firkus

snuggerud

and trikozov

im really curious to see where these three forwards get drafted as some public rankings have them considerably higher than others. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Three guys who don’t get talked about too much here that are ranked interestingly to me are:

Firkus

snuggerud

and trikozov

im really curious to see where these three forwards get drafted as some public rankings have them considerably higher than others. 

Firkus looks like he might be the best goal scorer out there, although so light at 157 :shock: and Snuggerud might end up being a big goal scoring sniper. And yeah Trikozov I get almost nothing except intriguingly skilled and good overall.

Mysterious indeed!

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, R3aL said:

Firkus

snuggerud

and trikozov

I've been talking about Trikozov every chance I could get this year. Had him up around 10-15 for most of the season. Definitely a wildcard, and has been long before the Russia situation. Just plays such a selfish, irresponsible style of game. But the blend of skill, power and tenacity he brings - there's simply nothing else like it in this draft.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

I've been talking about Trikozov every chance I could get this year. Had him up around 10-15 for most of the season. Definitely a wildcard, and has been long before the Russia situation. Just plays such a selfish, irresponsible style of game. But the blend of skill, power and tenacity he brings - there's simply nothing else like it in this draft.

I missed a big chunk of discussion in this thread earlier in year. I’m sure I just missed your posts.

his style matches his names

GLEB

nothing else like that haha 

14 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Bichsel/Schaefer/Warren 

I know you will have read this.

https://thehockeywriters.com/reid-schaefer-2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

With so many of these prospects even first rounders the emphasis is on development/ improvement in their game. 

Here is Aus we have the NRL, the Nation Rugby League.

It is mostly a  Queensland and NSW based sport with lots of Islanders playing on the teams.

The one Melbourne based team, the Melbourne Storm has a coach, Craig Bellamy.

He is a genius at taking other teams throw aways and turning them into really good players in his system, sometimes outright stars. 

I was just saying to my friend today he is more important to our team than any one single player and there are few of the best players in the competition on the team. 

In team based sports were it's all about playing a system and a players role in that system, a guy like him is indespensable. 

I don't know enough a Boudreau to know whether he is that sort of coach.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I know you will have read this.

https://thehockeywriters.com/reid-schaefer-2022-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

With so many of these prospects even first rounders the emphasis is on development/ improvement in their game. 

Here is Aus we have the NRL, the Nation Rugby League.

It is mostly a  Queensland and NSW based sport with lots of Islanders playing on the teams.

The one Melbourne based team, the Melbourne Storm has a coach, Craig Bellamy.

He is a genius at taking other teams throw aways and turning them into really good players in his system, sometimes outright stars. 

I was just saying to my friend today he is more important to our team than any one single player and there are few of the best players in the competition on the team. 

In team based sports were it's all about playing a system and a players role in that system, a guy like him is indespensable. 

I don't know enough a Boudreau to know whether he is that sort of coach.

Colorado has been doing this lately. Nichushkin, Kadri, Burakovsky. But for them I haven't really thought of it as development - more about having the freedom to make plays offensively, combined with freedom from opponent's top lines and Ds, being sheltered behind the MacKinnon line, and not to mention the swagger MacKinnon and Makar give the entire team.

As far as developing your own players, what about Nashville developing defensemen over the years? How is it that every good defense prospect through that system ends up a star, or even superstar? Going back to Kimmo Timonen, but then Hamhuis, Weber, Suter, Jones, Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, and now Fabbro and Carrier are looking promising too. It can't possibly all be talent evaluation.

By the way, I was watching a lot of WHL Seattle leading up the the CDCFL draft as they were deep in the playoffs and it looked like Korchinski would be right in our wheelhouse at 13, and man did Reid Schaefer ever stand out. You notice him constantly though the game whether you're watching for him or not. Kid already knows how to use his size to his advantage really well.

• Like 1