The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Klim has abilities that cannot be taught.  He’s a heavy body for one, which is great.  But he’s got vision of the game that’s elite.  He makes others, who play with him, better. Can’t teach that.  The kid is a beauty.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Klim has abilities that cannot be taught.  He’s a heavy body for one, which is great.  But he’s got vision of the game that’s elite.  Can’t teach that.  The kid is a beauty.  

He turns 19 Jan 9th.

If they sit him for a few games. No big deal .

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Before we speculate that it was Abbotsford that doesn't want KIim to represent Belarus, we have NO IDEA what the politics are within Belarus. From my limited understanding of it, the country is run by an authoritarian-type government, where free speech is limited. How do we know if Klimovich is approved by the government? Maybe his parents are quite liberal/moderate people?

There's just so much we don't know.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Before we speculate that it was Abbotsford that doesn't want KIim to represent Belarus, we have NO IDEA what the politics are within Belarus. From my limited understanding of it, the country is run by an authoritarian-type government, where free speech is limited. How do we know if Klimovich is approved by the government? Maybe his parents are quite liberal/moderate people?

There's just so much we don't know.

Exactly!  Klim’s parents might not want him to go.  We don’t know.  Lus, with the Covid thing out there!  Best he stays home (here).  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Not sure what you mean, Nux.  Are you talking about the stress factor of playing at the Jrs?

He sure didn't look stressed out last year at the U18s.  Maybe playing against kids his own age would be a nice change for him instead of sitting on the bench in Abby and not being able to converse with his teammates.  It would be great for him to see his family as well.

Was just mindless-ramblin' in the early morn :^) but I think this kid'll be fine. If he's motivated to learn the lingo & NA'n game, he will.

With all the mayhem occurring in today's world, prob best if the org keeps him local. Bet we'll see a lot of growth/progress from him spring & next season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

59 minutes ago, appleboy said:

He turns 19 Jan 9th.

If they sit him for a few games. No big deal .

yup. We all knew he was on the line between going back to the Q and surviving the AHL. So far I'm happy he's here, I don't care what his stats are this year its about getting up to AHL/NHL speed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, appleboy said:

Plus overall development.  Get him a skating coach. Get him what ever he needs .

Bring his family over.

Klim can definitely afford to bring his family over if he so chooses as he is making $80k base plus $92.5K in signing bonus. His 3 yr ELC would allow them to make the transition and get established over here if that is their and his wish.

14 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Danila didn’t feel bad about not going to the world junior. Guys, I can’t underscore enough what a gem (character wise) we’ve got. The kid told me (verbatim) - I want to score the game winning goal to win the Stanley Cup for Vancouver. Oh, and it’s not his parents moving here lol

Is he old enough to have a girlfriend, and she’s moving here? 

Edited by Alflives

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

yup. We all knew he was on the line between going back to the Q and surviving the AHL. So far I'm happy he's here, I don't care what his stats are this year its about getting up to AHL/NHL speed.

You know Jim

I am not sure it was the right thing

In my opinion (value 5 cents), I would have liked him in the Q dominating

Everybody is in such a rush, but the truth is, again IMO

The jump to a small rink would have been enough of an adjustment this year

and that could have been done dominating in the Q

Would he be a top 10 player in the major junior this year?

I am not sure he would have been......I think that is the true indicator

You can look at alot of really good 20 year olds, that get put in the AHL

and they do not dominate, so I am not sure he will develop better in the A

Just my opinion

51 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned, and I'm too lazy to scroll back and check, but with Mason McTavish (who only did a quick conditioning stint with San Diego) now assigned to the Pete's in the OHL and Samu Tuomaala back playing in Liiga for Vasaan Sport on loan from Philadelphia's organization, Klimovich is now the only U19 player in the AHL this season. 

His current pace has him scoring at roughly the same rate as Alex Nylander and Klim Kostin, as far as U19 scoring in the AHL over the last decade goes. 

Who?

3 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

You know Jim

I am not sure it was the right thing

In my opinion (value 5 cents), I would have liked him in the Q dominating

Everybody is in such a rush, but the truth is, again IMO

The jump to a small rink would have been enough of an adjustment this year

and that could have been done dominating in the Q

Would he be a top 10 player in the major junior this year?

I am not sure he would have been......I think that is the true indicator

You can look at alot of really good 20 year olds, that get put in the AHL

and they do not dominate, so I am not sure he will develop better in the A

Just my opinion

Dude, Q wasn’t an option due to paperwork issue in Belarus.

2 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Dude, Q wasn’t an option due to paperwork issue in Belarus.

Sorry I missed that, I thought the options were the Q or AHL, if not the NHL

and that he could always go back to Europe..................are we sure?

Sorry Roman for doubting you, I have been wrong before!

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

Sorry I missed that, I thought the options were the Q or AHL, if not the NHL

and that he could always go back to Europe..................are we sure?

Sorry Roman for doubting you, I have been wrong before!

Essentially, Belarus doesn’t want its young players to go to North America to play junior league. In that situation they want them back at home. They wouldn’t release his transfer list for that. KHL is an option (Dynamo Minsk specifically), on a loan from Vancouver, which means we have a lot more say about his play time and deployment.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RomanP said:

Essentially, Belarus doesn’t want its young players to go to North America to play junior league. In that situation they want them back at home. They wouldn’t release his transfer list for that. KHL is an option (Dynamo Minsk specifically), on a loan from Vancouver, which means we have a lot more say about his play time and deployment.

Ok, I was behind the times here. I stand corrected and appreciate the INFO

But I would still want him in Canadian Junior if that was a choice