The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

11 minutes ago, Millerdraft said:

Imagine a bored Poolman venturing on in here to this $#!t show…. “Uhhh, where’s my speed dial?  How’s Buffalo this time of year?”  Thankfully there’s not many NHLers playing in Canadian cities that would be unaware enough to make a mistake like that.  Whatever happened to cheering for a player for half a season before turning on mistakes?  I mean really, it was what, four seasons before I began unjustifiably ripping on Bieksa? (Everyone gets $&!# wrong from time to time, no?) This guy hasn’t even landed at YVR and he’s getting absolutely BURIED.  

I remember why I left this forum (and all forums for that matter lol).

fkthoseguys

I'm actually going to check my pvr I think I have a few Winnipeg games recorded. I want re-watch Pool. 

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, Millerdraft said:

Imagine a bored Poolman venturing on in here to this $#!t show…. “Uhhh, where’s my speed dial?  How’s Buffalo this time of year?”  Thankfully there’s not many NHLers playing in Canadian cities that would be unaware enough to make a mistake like that.  Whatever happened to cheering for a player for half a season before turning on mistakes?  I mean really, it was what, four seasons before I began unjustifiably ripping on Bieksa? (Everyone gets $&!# wrong from time to time, no?) This guy hasn’t even landed at YVR and he’s getting absolutely BURIED.  

Because of stupid dumdums like AV. Admittedly, I and others engaged with him, so he got his jollies off. I'd hate to play for this team too because of the dumdums here. No wonder Sakic stayed the F out of here.

Just wondering, did someone on CDC creep out Schmidt? He was like NOPE, not staying here another day.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yeah some negative posters remind of those UFC guys that just lay on their back begging you to take the fight down on the floor with them. 

Never fight an idiot they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Never fight an idiot they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience 

I don't think the refs allow them to just lay there anymore. For inactivity or delay, not good sportsmanship. 

44 minutes ago, Millerdraft said:

Nobody is burying the player. Collectively, the fanbase would like him to succeed, I'd imagine.

Some people are a bit concerned with the contract, given past contracts handed out in this vein.  Unfortunately, there are a few on here who interpret these concerns as an attack on management and the team - rather than a valid point of criticism - and turn things into a more heated discussion as a result.  For those individuals, I think they believe they are preserving positivity, however, they fail to see that "calling out the haters", and how they go about it, just serves to be more divisive.

Most of the bickering has nothing to do with the player itself.  Why would it be?  We haven't seen him play yet.  It has everything to do with the fact that people have concerns, and more importantly, aren't voicing those concerns in a way that appeases this group of users who feel they have right to police the discussion.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I don't think the refs allow them to just lay there anymore. For inactivity or delay, not good sportsmanship. 

No idea I don’t watch UFC was just some sage life wisdom i though was relevant to the context 

9 hours ago, AV. said:

Nobody is burying the player. Collectively, the fanbase would like him to succeed, I'd imagine.

Some people are a bit concerned with the contract, given past contracts handed out in this vein.  Unfortunately, there are a few on here who interpret these concerns as an attack on management and the team - rather than a valid point of criticism - and turn things into a more heated discussion as a result.  For those individuals, I think they believe they are preserving positivity, however, they fail to see that "calling out the haters", and how they go about it, just serves to be more divisive.

Most of the bickering has nothing to do with the player itself.  Why would it be?  We haven't seen him play yet.  It has everything to do with the fact that people have concerns, and more importantly, aren't voicing those concerns in a way that appeases this group of users who feel they have right to police the discussion.

Cheers.  I’ll be watching to see how many people start $&!#ting on the player before his first year here even wraps up!

Edited by Millerdraft
I’m betting that there are certain individuals that would rather be proven right about the contract than watching him succeed, as ridiculous as that is!
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, Millerdraft said:

Cheers.  I’ll be watching to see how many people start $&!#ting on the player before his first year here even wraps up!

I think he'll be a decent partner for OEL.  I don't think that pair will be amazing, let alone the "shutdown" pair this management seems to think they'll be, but I do think his game will allow OEL to play a bit more of his own game he had earlier in his career.  I can see a lot of games ending 4-3, 5-4, and what not, based on our defence.  Ideally, we're on the winning end of those, of course.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, AV. said:

I think he'll be a decent partner for OEL.  I don't think that pair will be amazing, let alone the "shutdown" pair this management seems to think they'll be, but I do think his game will allow OEL to play a bit more of his own game he had earlier in his career.  I can see a lot of games ending 4-3, 5-4, and what not, based on our defence.  Ideally, we're on the winning end of those, of course.

I think Hamonic could be the shutdown player alongside OEL. And Poolman could find chemistry with QH. We'll see how it shapes up.

I believe a healthy and motivated OEL is still elite offensively and good enough to shutdown opponents top lines if he has a partner that carries half the load. So if they find the right partner with chemistry for OEL I don't agree they'll be a bad shutdown pair while still being a constant offensive threat, but I do agree the wrong pairing - e.g. OEL and Myers - could be bad defensively. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1