The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Olli Juolevi

1 hour ago, b3nnyb said:

VintageCanuck posted at 2:58 and Canucks tweeted at 3:00. Does Vintage work for the Canucks?

The message for Vintage going into this season is Redemption.  He's been beaten to the punch a few times, most notably by @Bertuzzipunch and it seems that he didn't like the bitter taste of coming in second.  

This was classic Vintage, two minutes before Canucks knew they had a deal and probably one minute before Olli even agreed to it.  You just can't teach that. 

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So Hughes isnt responsible for sucking defensively because everyone else sucked too?

His agent loves that argument in the contract talks btw.

Hughes at this point is a one way player. He needs to improve alot defensively. A year in the AHL would not have hurt him at all on the defensive side. 

I don’t think it would have hurt him but what does wouldn’t hurt mean? He’s proven he can play in this league so it’s just a pointless stop in the AHL? You don’t think having a success 1st year and PLAYOFFS wasn’t good for him?

Short memory amazes me 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Yuck.  Was really hoping Baumgartner would be more closely supervised because he is clearly unqualified to perform those responsibilities.

I was hoping Bomber would be given a 'lateral' job change, and by lateral I mean to Abbotsford lol.  

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I was hoping Bomber would be given a 'lateral' job change, and by lateral I mean to Abbotsford lol.  

Can’t argue with that. It’s like when Cloutier in the coaching system… if he didn’t work well on the ice, why are we trying him as a coach?

This is smart on Juolevi's part to take a minimum contract.

Gives hime the best chance at playing if the Canucks are up against the cap.

Also gives him the best chance at being picked up if the Canucks were to waive him.

Either way he needs to play to show he deserves another contract after this year.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Baumer is still running the blueline and people are expecting us to make the playoffs this year?

We did the year before last, and this year Baumer has super, supervisor Shaw, to keep him on the path.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harvey Specter said:

Stoked for this deal! Another piece of the puzzle signed - nice job GMJB! 

OJ48, time to show the coaching staff what you can bring to the table! Let's go! :towel:

Until Hughes and Pettersson are signed,  I'm not happy at all

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

We did the year before last, and this year Baumer has super, supervisor Shaw, to keep him on the path.

The year before last we also had better personnel on the blueline and it still wasn't great. 

But after last year the only path Baumer should be on is a path to the unemployment line. The fact that he has any say in how the defence is run at all is absolutely baffling.

I hope well for the kid.  Seems like we've been working with him forever.  Hopefully this contract will allow us to part ways with him easier than Virt.
Virt was such a long and fruitless investment.  Sure hope this isn't one of those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

If he cant make the team as a 7th I'm okay with him getting claimed.

Since we are on LTIR anyways I am assuming we carry 8D all season.  He "should" be in our top 8.  One would hope they actually make use of the depth and rotate guys in on a fairly regular basis to keep everyone fresh.  

Schenn should be able to come in and play for Poolman when we need a little more grit... same as Juolevi could swap in for Rathbone.

OEL-Poolman
Hughes-Hamonic
Rathbone-Myers
Juolevi-Schenn