The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Viper007 said:

Well that would explain why he isn't on the list, but he should've be sent down prior to Gadjovich no?   I think Gadjovich has definitely outplayed Focht.

Focht plays center is the difference I guess 

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Maybe that was the idea to sneak him in. You’re right though guys like Dries come to mind 

Feels more like they are giving him the opportunity to be claimed by another team.  Gives them just under a week to evaluate him.  Doesn't feel as convenient to claim a player at the end of camp when teams are trying to set their opening lineup and won't have the time to see how the player fits after spending all of camp figuring out the different combinations. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

No Juolevi.

OEL-Myers didn't look horrible last night so, while Hamonic is not with the team, maybe the Canucks can get by with OEL-Myers and Hughes-Poolman as their top-4 D.

Considering the amount of play Burroughs is getting, it would be something if the Canucks run with that D core on opening night where Hunt and Burroughs are the 7th and 8th D.  Would not have guessed that at the start of camp.

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

No Juolevi.

I'm actually very intrigued by these forward lines.  Looks like 3 good scoring lines especially when Boeser gets back and a very good defensive matchup line as well on the fourth.  I could see this being the lineup opening night although I liked Lockwood better than Petan especially being much better defensively on a line that should probably be able to play defense more plus that would add an extra penalty killer that Petan is not.

Edited by Rindiculous

37 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

That’s a bonehead move.  
The kid was looking good.  
He easily has MIN quality 4th liner potential.  
Plays big and rough. Great hands.  
plays in front of the net like a boss.  

I really hope he doesn’t get claimed 

This is the type of player a team like Buffalo or Arizona would be stupid not too select. Maybe even Detroit...

5 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Didn't he get munched into the boards last night? His head looked like it hit the dasher.

In the comments of that Batchelor tweet he gets asked if Juolevi is banged up.  He tweets back:

"I don't believe so. I think this is a clear indication he's behind Rathbone and Hunt in the battle for a roster spot."