The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Will be shocked if Gadjovich gets claimed.

He doesn't fit on a 4th line, so a team claiming him has to look at their top 9 and decide who they need to waive to make room for him in their lineup.

It's a big part of why guys rarely get claimed this close to the end of training camp, their lineups are generally set.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

The good thing Gadj did is win over a lot of Canucks fans this camp. That was a big success for him. He is a lot closer than we thought. Another season to work on his skating, and his shot will do him well for making the NHL team next season. He might even be a depth call up this year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

The good thing Gadj did is win over a lot of Canucks fans this camp. That was a big success for him. He is a lot closer than we thought. Another season to work on his skating, and his shot will do him well for making the NHL team next season. He might even be a depth call up this year.

If we have an injury in the top 3 on our left side, he'll be recalled. Until then, he will be playing top 6 minutes in Abbotsford and working on his skating and overall defensive game.

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So it looks like Green is going to run with Miller at 3C and Dickinson at 4C. If that is the case then who is going to play with Petey and Brock?

I’d like to see Podzilla with those two 5 on 5.  But I can see Garland being Green’s choice, even though it’s his wrong side,  

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’d like to see Podzilla with those two 5 on 5.  But I can see Garland being Green’s choice, even though it’s his wrong side,  

I think Podzilla is going to play with Miller on the 3rd line.  Garland is a right hand shot so Green normally doesn't play guys on their off wing.

The only logical choice is Höglander.  Play the Swedes together.  Let's gooo...

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, -Moose said:

These injuries are killing our lines and the season hasn't even started yet :picard:

We will have tons of reinforcements coming, think of it like deadline deals but sprinkled throughout the season. 

Curious how they'll deploy their depth, if they play Miller at 3rd C and Dickinson at 4th:

Hoglander - Petey - Boeser
Pearson - Bo - Garland

Petan - Miller - Podkolzin (Nic and JT seemed to have chemistry earlier)
Di Giuseppe - Dickinson - Highmore/ Lockwood?  (speedy and versatile)

7 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Curious how they'll deploy their depth, if they play Miller at 3rd C and Dickinson at 4th:

Pearson - Bo - Garland

I can dig it 

13 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Pearson - Bo - Garland

Petey had better have been developing his faceoff skills during his time off then, else they'll be chasing the puck a lot.  I could see Petan on his wing as he at least has a decent faceoff stat (47% and change, versus Petey's 41%)

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So it looks like Green is going to run with Miller at 3C and Dickinson at 4C. If that is the case then who is going to play with Petey and Brock?

This is what I have my money on.

Garland-EP-Boeser 

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Highmore-Miller-Chiasson

Di Giuseppe-Dickinson-Petan

Dowling, MacEwan

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Poolman

Juolevi-Schenn

Hunt

When Sutter and Motte are back, goodbye Di Giuseppe and Dowling. When Hamonic is back he pairs with Hughes, Poolman with OEL, and Myers with Juolevi/Hunt.

Abbotsford bound:

Podkolzin, Lockwood, Rathbone

Not sure if I forgot someone significant in there. But this feels like a Green roster.

My roster would be:

Miller-EP-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Di Guissepe-Dowling-Lockwood

Highmore, Petan

The defense above makes the most sense I think although Rathbone could be there for Juolevi I suppose.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

This is what I have my money on.

Garland-EP-Boeser 

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Highmore-Miller-Chiasson

Di Giuseppe-Dickinson-Petan

Dowling, MacEwan

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Poolman

Juolevi-Schenn

Hunt

When Sutter and Motte are back, goodbye Di Giuseppe and Dowling. When Hamonic is back he pairs with Hughes, Poolman with OEL, and Myers with Juolevi/Hunt.

Abbotsford bound:

Podkolzin, Lockwood, Rathbone

Not sure if I forgot someone significant in there. But this feels like a Green roster.

I like the first two lines, the only caveat being Green hates playing guys on their off wing so I can envision Garland and Höglander changing spots.

That 3rd line doesn't look to be the scoring 3rd line that Benning promised in the summer.  It looks like we have two 4th lines in that scenario.

I'm hoping that Podzilla is just teasing us and starts to play more like last night than the first few games.  We need a big season out of him in order to be able to have a scoring 3rd line.  Also, Motte and Sutter would upgrade that 4th line immensely and allow Dickinson to be moved back up to 3C where he should be.

At the end of the day I'd like to see a 3rd line as follows:

Miller   Dickinson   Podkolzin

That would be a nice 3rd scoring line that could also be our shut down line.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I like the first two lines, the only caveat being Green hates playing guys on their off wing so I can envision Garland and Höglander changing spots.

That 3rd line doesn't look to be the scoring 3rd line that Benning promised in the summer.  It looks like we have two 4th lines in that scenario.

I'm hoping that Podzilla is just teasing us and starts to play more like last night than the first few games.  We need a big season out of him in order to be able to have a scoring 3rd line.  Also, Motte and Sutter would upgrade that 4th line immensely and allow Dickinson to be moved back up to 3C where he should be.

At the end of the day I'd like to see a 3rd line as follows:

Miller   Dickinson   Podkolzin

That would be a nice 3rd scoring line that could also be our shut down line.  

I personally don’t like Miller as much at center as on the wing. And the lotto line does have good chemistry.

I would much rather see:

Miller-EP-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Di Guiseppe-Dowling-Lockwood

Highmore

Thats 3 capable scoring lines and a good energy line that can chip in. That 3rd line could take some defensive pressure off Horvat which would give us 2 top line quality offensive lines IMO.This is a good balance of the young guys through the lineup too.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1