The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | Quinn Hughes - Contract Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

7 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

He really should focus on HIS crappy team though.  He's not in a position to look down on other teams until his is at least...ahead of them?

What do the Senators have to do with this?

Did you miss the part about:  Petey being out?  COVID hitting hard?  The WORST schedule in the league?  Oh right...dark glasses on.

I don't think this is much better than when teams tamper.  Someone needs to knock Jack off his high horse next year.

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Why don’t players tell their brothers/families to STFU about their contract negotiations. It’s never helpful (see Tkachuks) and causes a lot of unnecessary criticism. Although here Jack should be considered somewhat of an expert on playing for one of the worst teams in the league. So yeah, he’s got that going for him.

Not too worried about what Jack Hughes says about his brother and the contract situation. He is a young mab, so it may come out sounding stupid. 
of course the numbers has to be right... but that goes both ways. 
if this is going to be some sort of stand off, deal him... We have a play making d-man waiting in the wings should QH decide he want way north of Benning wants to offer. Its a numbers game...

Would be interesting to be a fly on the wall and really hear, what the hold up is... Players stating they want to win, but.....

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, HomeBrew said:

With all the talked of a bounce back year by our players, you would think that EP and QH would put some pressure on getting a deal done in order to attend training camp and come into the season fully prepared. It'll look bad on the players if they miss training and have another crap season. The agent probably could care less - he gets paid regardless. Negotiations "being all over the place" is kind of difficult to understand as you would think that there would be only so many scenarios.... 

I agree. For me, if there is any holdout, it's more on the players than the GM.

I doubt JB is lowballing them and the issue is whether they're willing to see the big picture of the whole team or just themselves. 

• Cheers 4

39 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

I agree. For me, if there is any holdout, it's more on the players than the GM.

I doubt JB is lowballing them and the issue is whether they're willing to see the big picture of the whole team or just themselves. 

The only guy I've made excuses for was Boeser because of his family situation.  Other than that, the first letter in RFA is restricted.  That means you might have to compromise a little bit.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

This looks good except imo your low balling Petey’s next contract

I'm assuming that by bumping to a 3 year bridge, would take him to 25 years old when we sign his 8 year, so 33 on final year and hoping that we'd get a little bit of a break on the last year or two.

That said, you might very well be right!

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well Jack is an RFA next offseason.

The media better ask Quinn about his brothers negotiation after the Devils finish bottom 5 yet again.

Also Jack mentions fans complaining about “the dashes” beside Quinn’s name. Once again he knows of what he speaks as over the last two years he is -29 compared to Quinn’s-34.  Almost a wash there, eh Jack? He should also remember that other teams and their fans tend to get their backs up over such talk. Jersey fans were none too pleased when Gretzky referred to the Devils as a “Mickey Mouse franchise” in the eighties.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

OK, them's fightin' words.  Cute that he talks about our team being one of the worst...yet they finished well above the Devils and their measly 45 point season (and we had our star player out, THE worst schedule in the league and the absolute worst bout of COVID).  

He needs a good hip check this year.

Ok i'd do the exact same thing if it was one of my brothers.   But Damn ... can't wait to see "his playing do the talking" lol... he more or less called himself out.   Good luck!  Maybe the next Daigle?  No wait ... Daigle had a better pedigree and did more.  

• Cheers 1

Petey doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd want to sit on the sidelines watching.  He's already missed so much.  I could be totally wrong though.

Quinn?  Who knows.  He's not here and it's hard to gauge where his head's at.  He seems to love the game so I can't imagine him being much different.

57 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Why don’t players tell their brothers/families to STFU about their contract negotiations. It’s never helpful (see Tkachuks) and causes a lot of unnecessary criticism. Although here Jack should be considered somewhat of an expert on playing for one of the worst teams in the league. So yeah, he’s got that going for him.

When I watched the Jack Hughes video, I was like, "Oh, for Pete sake!"

And then ... 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, -Moose said:

"I'm pretty confident that they'll be here before the first preseason game of the year"

Right Brock... right!? :mad:

Hughes definitely shouldn't be missing camp since he needs to learn Shaw's system.  If he's not there at the start of camp, Benning needs to start taking calls on him.