The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 05, 2021 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet One

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

These have been pretty bad home games so far. I know we have some of our team missing but it’s not like the kraken are an elite team. Really who has shown up out of the veterans in the lineup?

Some of our team? Lol

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Xol said:

He's a replaceable bottom pairing defenceman. Not sure why he gets so overhyped on here.

Rathbones exciting but not sure that we can have 2 offense-first defenceman... but he's been impressive with his speed and puck handling against legit NHLers

Impressive amount of giveaways in like 5 games. 

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Schooled twice in a row by Seattle.

Hmm. Ya that's Canuck hockey. Let's give them the upper hand right off the bat so we can not have to live up to anything.

I don't want to see this kind of effort game 6 of the regular season when we play the Kraken at the end of our first road trip.

Green?

They've played their best players while we are missing our top line & top D pair.

Just wait

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Hmm. Ya that's Canuck hockey. Let's give them the upper hand right off the bat so we can not have to live up to anything.

I don't want to see this kind of effort game 6 of the regular season when we play the Kraken at the end of our first road trip.

Green?

Mean nothing game. Don't judge until Reg season. 

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

Green?

And both times they iced an NHL lineup and the Canucks did not.

Do people seriously not look at the lineups before games start?  I'd seriously question the judgement of anyone who expected this Canucks lineup to compete with this Kraken lineup

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

These have been pretty bad home games so far. I know we have some of our team missing but it’s not like the kraken are an elite team. Really who has shown up out of the veterans in the lineup?

I agree.  So far, this years team looks no better than last year but of course its only pre season and alot of our vets arenot playing together.  Fingers crossed and I'm still optimistic we'll be better than last year.

Just now, -AJ- said:

Think maybe missing Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, and Poolman might have something to do with it?

Kind of sick of Green's meddling.

He iced a piss poor lineup with Boeser being one of the few veterans on that team, expecting him to carry that crap lineup. Then he gets him injured in the process.

Like who does that?

And then Green ices this lineup, AGAIN, with Rathbone in the lineup, but doesn't play players like Woo or Gadjovich.

What's he trying to do? Mess with chemistry?

So far, Green's done nothing good with this preseason. He iced a nearly full lineup against Calgary and ends up winning 4-2 against a poorly equipped Calgary team (playing new guns).

I'm not impressed.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1