The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What will happen if Dr. Bonnie does not lift the 50% capacity limit by our 1st home game ?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

Prices might soar through the roofs depending on performance on the ice.

Honestly, I think BC has been doing well when it comes to COVID and it's the restrictions like this that helps to keep things from getting out of control.

Until we are truly out of COVID, I'm not against 50% capacity restriction.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, AriGold said:

If she doesn't then seasons ticket holders will be the only people in the building. They make up around 37% of the arenas tickets. Everybody who purchased tickets will be refunded tickets.

Shouldn't there be 13% of the single game ticket holders that will be allowed in?

Single game tickets have already been on sale... How would they choose which ones to admit?

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Shouldn't there be 13% of the single game ticket holders that will be allowed in?

Single game tickets have already been on sale... How would they choose which ones to admit?

That's what I mean. I think they refund everybody across the board who purchased tickets through ticketmaster and assess from there. The easiest solution is to sell the most expensive tickets and refund the upperbowls from the people who have purchased tickets.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AriGold said:

That's what I mean. I think they refund everybody across the board who purchased tickets through ticketmaster and assess from there. The easiest solution is to sell the most expensive tickets and refund the upperbowls from the people who have purchased tickets.

Capitalism at its finest.

50 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Bonnie*

Maybe it wasn't a typo and the OP just has a thing for her? :wub:

bon·ny
/ˈbänē/

adjective
ScottishNorthern English
adjective: bonny; comparative adjective: bonnier; superlative adjective: bonniest; adjective: bonnie
  1. attractive or beautiful.
    "a bonny lass"
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

What will happen if Dr. Bonny does not lift the 50% capacity limit for large venues by our 1st home game ?  Will only Season Ticket holders be allowed to attend like during the pre-season?  What happens to all the single game purchased seats?  And, will ticket prices soar thru the roof for the lucky season ticket holders?

I'll either be camping or watching from my couch.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nux_win said:

I'll be watching from home on my computer either way.  The thing is, as much as I like hockey, I want my friends and neighbors to be healthy which means that I will happily comply with public health measures (as long as they aren't arbitrary or politically motivated but, for the most part, they seem to be based on medical science so I'm for compliance).  GCG!

Lol

• RU SERIOUS changed the title to What will happen if Dr. Bonnie does not lift the 50% capacity limit by our 1st home game ?

I don’t see why they won’t lift it when everywhere else is 100%….   But I won’t be comfortable going if it’s 100% capacity..   I went to one preseason game and it was so good especially in the concourse..   cheap seats are pretty pack though..  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, jovocop55 said:

I don’t see why they won’t lift it when everywhere else is 100%….   But I won’t be comfortable going if it’s 100% capacity..   I went to one preseason game and it was so good especially in the concourse..   cheap seats are pretty pack though..  

I went to the Jets game and it was super nice not having to line up for the bathroom.

Waiting in line for the bathroom in a packed stadium is a sure way to get COVID.

My guess is that COVID is going to be under control in a year or so. I think we should keep it at 50% until then.

2 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Same here.  I went to the Winnipeg game two Sundays ago and WOW - was so nice not fighting crowds in that terribly designed stadium - especially in the level 300 hallways which are always packed solid like a sardine can.   That was the most enjoyable game I ever attended at Rogers and hope it continues at 50% too because the official odds are - that in  a fully vaccinated stadium, there will still be many "active Covid carriers" that can still infect everyone around them - including vaccinated people.  All the vaccine does is give you better odds of surviving infection - not eliminate infection!  So going to a Canucks game can be Extremely High Risk (Vaccinated or not) for the over 50 crowd, obese people, folks with Diabetes and anyone else with any medical weakness whatsoever.   So many will think twice, three times or more before setting foot in there - especiall y at 100% capacity. 

Pretty sad how compliant most of the folks in BC are.

Weird how EVERY other city in the league allows full capacity but you let your government tell you, that YOU cannot go to the game.

I thought once you were vaccinated you were good to go.  Turns out fully vaccinated and you're STILL told you cant go live your life.

One day you folks will wake up and take control of your lives again.

You only have one life. You can either go live it or continue to be scared and follow orders from people who have guessed their way through the pandemic.

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

11 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Pretty sad how complaint most of the folks in BC are.

Weird how EVERY other city in the league allows full capacity but you let your government tell you, that YOU cannot go to the game.

I thought once you were vaccinated you were good to go.  Turns out fully vaccinated and you STILL are told you cant go live your life.

One day you folks will wake up and take control of your lives again.

You only have one life. You can either go live it or continue to be scared and follow orders from people who have guessed their way through the pandemic.

Or you can take simple precautions and live a long and healthy life. Or be self absorbed, and not take care of yourself and others and have a short life. 

You can ride a motorcycle wearing flip flops, shorts, t-shirt and skull cap. Or wear full gear. Full gear may not stop you from dying. 

But it will keep your skin intact, and increase your odds of survival from a serious injury. Believe me I don't like the idea of steel wool rubbed on my skin

while the doctors and nurses get the ashpalt out. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Or you can take simple precautions and live a long and healthy life. Or be self absorbed, and not take care of yourself and others and have a short life. 

You can ride a motorcycle wearing flip flops, shorts, t-shirt and skull cap. Or wear full gear. Full gear may not stop you from dying. 

But it will keep your skin intact, and increase your odds of survival from a serious injury. Believe me I don't like the idea of steel wool rubbed on my skin

while the doctors and nurses get the ashpalt out. 

I agree with the other poster. This is not a simple or necessary precaution. The world goes on and now that folks are vaccinated, there ought not be this 50% capacity crap. The other provinces and states have opened it up, as should we. The vaccine offers the protection so that the great majority do not end up in hospitals if they get sick. If you are worried about being sick then don’t ever leave your house.