The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

It was refreshing to see the team have some edge tonight and stick up for each other! That was so refreshing to see and that alone is a win 

It makes a loss more tolerable....to see them have heart and not just be pushed around.   They're getting under other team's skins and that's a good sign.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, AbbyNux said:

There are a lot of the same issues as the last few seasons. Falling behind early and often for example. 

With all new bodies on this team, it could be coincidence but it is more likely a result of the same message and systems. 

3 in 2 games was good, but 3 pts in 3 games where you easily could have zero is not a confidence builder. 

Had they beat a team 6 - 1, Lost a game 2-1 and had a well played overtime game it would be a far different conversation. 

There too many of the same Green issues. The lack of toughness was very prevalent today as well. 

Screenshot_20211016_201548.jpg

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Empty Net goals should not count for +/-.   Why this +/- stat is STUPID!!  In reality the only - should go to Pettersson since he gave the puck away leading to that goal.  

Nobody who pays attention pays attention to +/- anymore.

• Cheers 1

Overall, we look damn good.  Our PDO is looking pretty tragic though unfortunately.  This has shades of November 2019 where we dominated almost every game that month, but ended up losing 9 of 10 games or something like that.  Then we had December where we started getting outshot every game, yet we kept winning lol.  Either way, I hate getting unlucky because it's the one thing that the team can't control and it's the most annoying thing to me as a fan when I see us playing so well yet not getting results (and then reading the PGT where people are ragging on the team when they were actually the better team).  I can always accept when we played bad and deserve to lose.  I won't be happy, but I know that is the right result.  On nights like these I just go insane because we play so well, yet the only thing that matters to anyone is the final result.

1-1-1 is not as sexy a record as 2-0-1 which we deserve.  Just hoping we can clean up the rest of the road trip with our dominant play we've displayed, get a bit of puck luck ourselves, and come home 4-1-1 which is pretty sexy.  3 game win streak shouldn't be too hard to fathom seeing as we get to face Buffalo, Chicago, and Seattle as long as we don't get snakebitten as hard as we did tonight.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Even if the Garland hit was a penalty it was the non calls that preceded that hit that were the bigger issue.  Usually refs at least try to hide the fact they’re trying to fix the game but tonight they didn’t seem to care how nakedly blatant and obvious they were.   If I were a betting man I’d have zero confidence, ZERO, in the integrity of the reffing.  

This was missing on the Canucks broadcast but there was a  blatant slash on Garland in front of the refs that was ignored. The ref was looking at it and didn't call it because Det was already getting called for another penalty. That was with 6 min left in the game and Raymond taking a holding penalty on Rathbone at the same time. Fabbri checked Garland into the boards and then gave him a 2 hander after the hit. That should have been a 2 minute 5 on 3 for us and would have changed the game completely. 

That kind of crap is why I can't stand the NHL sometimes. 

You can see it in the Det broadcast as they had a clear replay of it. 

TG was pissed. 

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Whatever man, I can complain if I want to. I been a fan for a very long time and when we see the same system that ends in losses I will complain. You don’t like it, ignore my post. They have lost a lot in Benning’s tenure, why would I be happy about that? There PP and PK is awful and showing the same signs as last year  as being the same both unproductive, so whatever. Your not impressing anyone by attacking my name MUSTARD TIGER. Lol.

you're right you can complain all you want, but i suggest you do something else with your life you are not a fan. hey maybe you will be able to find enjoyment trying new things, actual things you enjoy doing

• Wat 1

39 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Bruh you’re the one attacking someone’s personal life over their criticism of a franchise and millionaire hockey players. You’re the one in the wrong. Full stop.

actually not really, they have a right to complain just like you two do. you want to be miserable? then expect most people to not like that outlook.

some ppl are just tired of how sad your posts are, do you actually get any enjoyment from watching this team? if no, i suggest you find something that does give you enjoyment

• Wat 1