The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Oct. 19, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

All he's doing right now is bobbling the puck and falling down. He's even more invisible than Loui Player Name ever was.

He is allergic to contact - Lammikko looks better.

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

This game looked like last years bad games

far too passive in the d zone.  No pressuring during the pk.

5 man collapse d system.  Maybe they think they can allow a bunch of low percentage shots from the outside?  Nice in theory but it’s a garbage system proof is in the pudding. 

So Brad Shaw was hired to watch.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

We were due a letdown game… I’m still chapped over the Detroit game, which we absolutely should have won. 

I don’t know how, but it really fees must win (or at least must get a point) to close out these last 2 games against Chicago and Seattle.

It really is.

Canucks aren't good enough to dig themselves out of a 1-4-1 hole to begin the season. 

They really should be giving it their all every game because they really can't afford not to. 

I do question the lineup tonight. 

Canucks deserved better in Det and had a good game. Should have rolled same lineup + hunt in for Hughes. 

I would have gone

OEL Myers 

Rathbone Poolman 

Hunt Burroughs 

Petey needs to wake up

Boeser had a much stronger game than Petey tonight. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Good teams don't lose 2 in a row to Buffalo and Detroit. 

That is all.

Bad teams lose to Detroit, then Buffalo and then Chicago (three pretty horrible teams that'll likely be lottery pick teams this upcoming spring).  How the Canucks respond against Chicago will tell us if they belong in this group or not.  And it doesn't have to be a win either.  

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 250Integra said:

Travis Green’s system:

- Sit in a box on the PK (don’t pressure the puck carrier!) and let the other team shoot at will

- Pass it around on the PP until Pettersson can get the perfect pass to unload a one timer wide

- Defense in front of the net should just try to block shots rather than take the open man. Don’t dare touch them!!

it's sad how accurate this is

• Like 2