The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How long have you been on the forum for?

MattWN.

10 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Curious if anybody here has been here from the start, or close to.

If you're on PC, you can hover over a user's name to see when they joined. Alternatively you can visit their profile.

I know there are still a good chunk of users from 2003 still around. Our admin, Stealth, joined in early 2003. I believe this iteration of the forums was started in January or February of 2003, but I could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

If you're on PC, you can hover over a user's name to see when they joined. Alternatively you can visit their profile.

I know there are still a good chunk of users from 2003 still around. Our admin, Stealth, joined in early 2003. I believe this iteration of the forums was started in January or February of 2003, but I could be wrong.

I registered in January 2003, and I think I remember that the forums had been on for a while. Not sure how long though.

24 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

Off and on... Mostly off since about 2008.

Really was only here for the debauchery of the original White Noise section.

Kids got me an iPad in 2015 and got signed up then.  Not much use for computers before then.  

How come you only have two posts?  

Edited by Alflives

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kids got me an iPad in 2015 and got signed up then.  Not much use for computers before then.  

How come you only have two posts?  

I think I was banned a few times in the 2004-2008 era.

But then when I google my old username theres still an existing account with the name, which has a more recent join date.

Honestly, I have no idea. I also had a strange username when I logged in today too.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

But then when I google my old username theres still an existing account with the name, which has a more recent join date.

Honestly, I have no idea. I also had a strange username when I logged in today too.

I also had an old username from 2004, which I had totally forgot about until I got a new computer 3 weeks ago and that name popped up when I tried to log in.

don't know what happened to that account, but been LMM since 2005

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

The kids used my initials to make a user name for me.  Then, because my initials are ALF, a poster associated me with an 80’s TV Puppet.  I had never even seen the show!  It’s a strange way I got on here, and then became Alf (the furry TV puppet).  Fun as hell being here though.  It’s good you’re back.  Hope you hate the Leafs and Habs.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

I also had an old username from 2004, which I had totally forgot about until I got a new computer 3 weeks ago and that name popped up when I tried to log in.

don't know what happened to that account, but been LMM since 2005

How did you remember your password?  Mrs Alf got pissed at always reminding me what my password is, so she wrote it on the back of my iPad.  :lol: