The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Warhawk said:

Miller will crush the confidence of his linemates with his anger outbursts and whining, he needs to be traded asap before he takes every one down with him.  He was screaming and slamming doors again, that's peewee hockey

Yup, Miller was instrumental in sinking our team last year.  Some of the worst on-ice demeanor I've seen since Jagr with the Capitals. 

Erffffff - its been a long 10 years eh chaps. 

Was really hoping this year was gonna be different and the promising young core was gonna shine with the addition of some quality vets. . . 

I dunno there's still time i guess.  BB started to look better in the 3rd. Petey had at least one good shift. . . The Lotto line sadly still looked more like the Lottery line, which is where we are heading at this rate. Coaching and Motivation still look F tier - I don't like to subscribe to a narrative of whatever, but gotta say a coaching change is looking awful appealing given the on ice product again this season. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Except Shaw has been coaching in the NHL, in one form or another for over a decade and a half. He developed some young defensemen in Alex Pietrangelo, Colton Parayko, Zack Werenski, and Seth Jones, amongst others. 

Sounds like he would be good in Baum’s role.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I would keep him as Associate. He is also a more defensive-minded guy and I don't think we have the makeup for that. Our core players are all offensive guys.

He’s a bit more than just defense, but he’s a great developer of talent. 

Just now, RWJC said:

I’m gonna play QAnon conspiracy theorist here, but I think Petey’s

comments prior to contract signing about wanting to play on a winning team who are in the playoffs every year was a veiled acknowledgment that he’s not invested into or believes in Green’s coaching systems.

His poor, disengaged play right now is almost like a call to ownership saying who do u want longterm, me or him?

Benning is the GM on a short leash, and I think EP is playing his hand here to FA and parlaying the question: who’s worth more to you in longterm value…because this is not working for any of us.

Ahhhhhh, got that off my chest. 

Back to being a disgruntled homer now.

Its possible I suppose but given how much of his bad play is related to tripping over his own feet, I think hes just extremely rusty having not played hockey all summer and missing training camp.. But yeah it doesn't help that Green wants him to play a game that's not even remotely suited to his natural talents.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Sounds like he would be good in Baum’s role.

A (expletive deleted)ing wet mop would be good in Baum’s role. Shaw is one step above BumGardener in the Canucks hierarchy. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 3

He’s a bit more than just defense, but he’s a great developer of talent. 

Yeah that's what half of you were beating your chests about Green as well when everyone wanted him.

Shaw would be A1 in baumers role, but we need someone undeniable behind our bench running the show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’m gonna play QAnon conspiracy theorist here, but I think Petey’s

comments prior to contract signing about wanting to play on a winning team who are in the playoffs every year was a veiled acknowledgment that he’s not invested into or believes in Green’s coaching systems.

His poor, disengaged play right now is almost like a call to ownership saying who do u want longterm, me or him?

Benning is the GM on a short leash, and I think EP is playing his hand here to FA and parlaying the question: who’s worth more to you in longterm value…because this is not working for any of us.

Ahhhhhh, got that off my chest. 

Back to being a disgruntled homer now.

Ok

Doesn't excuse his really poor play.

• Cheers 1

A (expletive deleted) wet mop would be good in Baum’s role. Shaw is one step above BumGardener in the Canucks hierarchy. 

I suggest a blow up doll rather than a mop considering all the holes in our D play.

• Haha 1