The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I’m not defending Greens overall performance, but imho they are doing whatever they can to get EP going.   If he becomes a scrub the franchise is set back a few years.  This is their 1c … 

i think he will get going…he has too much of a positive history to regress this badly 

i agree though , Garland should be playing more. 

there's different ways to get a player going, I think EP needs some tough love to hopefully light the fire in him. 

I'm not happy with Green but that can't be used as an excuse for our top players bobbling pucks and half-assing it on the backcheck.  

We could bring in an old-school coach like Babcock or Crow and then see how many of our new age youngsters can adapt and play for him and how many would suffer.  

As much as we're all focusing on Elias, I actually think that almost all of our top players except for Pearson and Garland have been bad lately.  

I mentioned this in the game where Bo scored two goals (through sheer effort) but he was missing easy passes, having the puck skip over his stick and just in general fighting it on the ice.  

Boeser and Miller weren't good either.  Garland had a tough game, which is okay as he's been one of our best forwards so far.  

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

Uhhhhh, he literally is the most productive player on the team bud.

A lot of times, a pink slip reflects how a coach is performing...

And here we go.

Stapling Garland?!?

Highmore out so Dowling going to get called up and play 20?

WTF does this dude see because I can’t fathom his brainwave decisions 

2 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

there's different ways to get a player going, I think EP needs some tough love to hopefully light the fire in him. 

Yup you could be right.  Kid has been a golden boy his whole playing career.. maybe he needs some humble pie

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

When was the last time a coach benched their leading scorer in a one goal game?

Green shouldn't even be allowed at the rink.  Francesco is frustrated, meaning he is currently on the phone with Benning throwing F bombs.  If Green isn't fired tomorrow morning this could turn into an episode of The Godfather...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

When was the last time a coach benched their leading scorer in a one goal game?

Green shouldn't even be allowed at the rink.  Francesco is frustrated, meaning he is currently on the phone with Benning throwing F bombs.  If Green isn't fired tomorrow morning this could turn into an episode of The Godfather...

Be nice to get you back to your magical ways too.

• Huggy Bear 1