The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Travis Hamonic

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Give it a rest, he isn't disgracing the franchise.

Everyone knew what Hunt's capabilities were prior to being brought in. He's a depth D that should be primarily an injury fill in.

If he's expected to play as a regular when everyone's healthy, that falls on management for bringing him in, and coaching for his deployment.

Have some empathy for the player (for once). He'll do his best, even if it's less than the average bottom pair D. No need to make him feel worse for that.

Agreed, $&!#ting on the player for fulfilling the role he was brought in to play isn't fair at all. Hunt was never supposed to be more than a depth guy, that's what he is. If he wasn't he'd be a regular, he hasn't played like a regular. 

He's literally played two games.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Glad they are sending Rathbone down, he has a lot of skill, but he badly needs some work on the defensive side of his game. I said that at the start of the season, that I though he should start in Abbotsford for the first month to 6 weeks.

His game will improve by getting away from the mounting pressure on coaches, and perhaps their need for a scapegoat.

I have enjoyed watching Rathbone a lot, despite his mistakes.

Captain material, someday.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EliasBoeser said:

Everyone worrying about Rathbone getting sent down relax.  Hamonic will likely get hurt tomorrow night (seeing as he’s been rushed) and he’ll be recalled.

Yes, we should dress eveready Sutter already, get Podz to Abby and away from the storm a'brewin'.

34 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

maybe.  He says he is following all protocols. He doesn't say he is vaccinated and following all protocols. It is possible to see that as avoiding, but I don't think it is worth going there.

He said it in his statement before questions

With Hamonic in, the defense looks set. 

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Hamonic

Schenn - Poolman

Burroughs

Shaw should be able to get that working nicely. 

Is the team going with eight defensemen? Or will Hunt be sent to Abbotsford to escape the wrath of Heff?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I recall Hamonic too. Good Dman from what I remember. ^_^

Barely lasted through a full game back end of last year, don't remember Harmonic.

But, buying into the whole bums-in-seats marketing, I'm excited to see this D solution for myself.

Be uncorking early tomorrow night.

3 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

To summarize.........................

So Hamonic get 1 game of conditioning?

Rathbone plays his best game and was one of the better players last game........so he gets sent down

Who is making these decisions? (rhetorical question)

Give it a rest.

Rathbone playing more like Morgan Reilly than Brian Leetch.  He needs to go and craft his game and regain his confidence in the AHL for awhile.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

But is vaccinated and he said it in his statement

But considered unvaccinated by NHL protocol.  He has to follow very different rules - have to have his own dressing room and can’t be part of any team activities yet.  Players have to mask around him, etc.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

ooh I wonder if that was the hold up?

Do they still have to wait 2 weeks after first vaccine?

He was among the 21 nux players and coaches that got covid in Apr.  One dose will give him an excellent immunity.  But by protocol two doses is still needed, although likely overkill. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mll said:

But considered unvaccinated by NHL protocol.  He has to follow very different rules - have to have his own dressing room and can’t be part of any team activities yet.  Players have to mask around him, etc.

Fair point