The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 02, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Miller and Garland showed up....the rest of that top six needs to get a grip here. Horvat, Boeser, and Pettersson really need to start playing more consistently.

Demko again showing Vezina quality goaltending. If his effort doesn't create a desire to give it your all, im not sure what else will. His level of goaltending is giving me Luongo vibes the way he restores your faith in the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Schenn and Hamonic looked solid out there

kinda surprised about that considering that they're both RHD. And neither of them have played a ton. Hamonic just got back, and Schenn has been only in a few games this season so far. Glad it worked, though.

Just now, ktcy2 said:

Super impressed with Bailey. I think he has earned a permanent spot. Guys like Dowling, Petan etc. don’t have the unique quality Bailey has. Let’s keep him up here. 

What impressed you about Bailey?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hamonic may not have gotten any points. 

But played 16:56 in the game. And was a steadying influence. 

Welcome back Travis. 

Was very surprised and happy to see his steady play. Thought It may take a couple games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Dunno about that.  But hes played okay.

I think Bailey's been good overall.  He struggled at 5 on 5 today and some of it was on him and some of it was on his linemates.  He was very good on the PK though and his speed was really noticeable.  

When Motte comes back I think we will see Chiasson come out first, and then the interesting point will come when Highmore comes back from injury.  I think that Bailey's actually been a bit better then Highmore even though I'm a big fan of Highmore's style (reminds me a lot of Motte).  

Really excited to see Dickinson play with two of Motte, Bailey and Highmore as he will look much better with speed on his wings. 

18 minutes ago, a4rules said:

How can PODZ get only 7 mins TOI when he was flying tonight with Garland?  Chiasson 14 mins, really Green?  Pretty soon PODZ will ask for a trade with Green's coaching.

LOL wut? 

I guess Podz made his 7 min count because I noticed him numerous times tonight (in a good way) 

I never wish injuries on ppl but Dowling, Highmore injuries could be blessings in disguise. Next up is Chiasson. 

Bailey outplayed him tonight. 

Garland and Hogz are spark plugs for any line

Miller Petterson Garland

Boeser Horvat Hogz

Pearson Dickinson Podz

Bailey Lammikko Motte

That should be our forward group going forward when Motte returns. 

No one else should be taking up a roster spot unless one of these guys are hurt or Sutter comes back 

• Cheers 1

I would keep garland with Petey and Miller 

drop BB to the second line with horvat

BB doesn’t have chemistry with anyone. He is like on his own and he somehow finds a way to score. Garland and Miller clearly have good chemistry and complement each other.

• Like 1