The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 11, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Mack and OJ are going to be nothing in this league.

Trading McCann for that slug Gudbranson and trading Forsling for Clendenning hurt way worse.

How about all the high end FAs we let walk away for free instead of getting assets in return.

A guy like Markstrom and Tanev should never, ever be able to just walk away.  Trade them for picks at the deadline. But let them walk?  

Markstrom is especially ridiculous, we spent YEARS developing him, and then let him walk to our division rival right as hes entering his prime as an elite G in this league.

Seeing Tanev walk was hard,  I saw some stat today that the Tanev Kylington pairing is like top 2 or 3 shutdown pair in the league.  When Tanev played here he was always injured because the teams he played on were no good combined with the passive D numbnutz coach likes to run, it was a shooting gallery night after night. 

I can see an org letting go a high quality asset to ufa once in a while but multiple good players have walked from this regime with nothing to show in return.  To make matters worse two of them are pillars for a rival team that is playing like a top team right now 

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

22 hours ago, Darius said:

Seeing Tanev walk was hard,  I saw some stat today that the Tanev Kylington pairing is like top 2 or 3 shutdown pair in the league.  When Tanev played here he was always injured because the teams he played on were no good combined with the passive D numbnutz coach likes to run, it was a shooting gallery night after night. 

I can see an org letting go a high quality asset to ufa once in a while but multiple good players have walked from this regime with nothing to show in return.  To make matters worse two of them are pillars for a rival team that is playing like a top team right now 

Especially after how effective he was with Hughes, I knew letting tanev go would be a mistake. Marky not so much cause Demko made him expendable. It sucks losing players for nothing though, especially to divisional rivals

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
Brainfart
  • Cheers 1

I like the Sedins as players and mentors.

Im honestly not a fan of Sedins in management and their thoughts of the team. Imo they will never give their real thoughts and will just be passive and say bs to media.

Weren’t the twins a big Loui E supporter. 

So whats the point in talking to them.

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

We lambasted him but Nate Schmidt is 9 pts and a +7 in 12 games after leaving us. And he wanted the hell out of dodge after just one season in this organization...

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Houdini said:

He’s given up.

He didn’t even bother to consider whether or not his message is getting across or lost. He’s living in denial or is oblivious to what’s going on with his players or is purposely blocking calls to change how he’s coaching and putting the lineup out there. 

It’s high time Benning starts looking for a replacement. Green isn’t going to take this team anywhere. 

• Cheers 1