The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 11, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To be honest, I'm not sure about the "huge turnover, need time to get everyone to gel".  It's actually the new guys who have largely been the ones playing well *AND* we jettisoned alot of deadweight from last season in those moves.

Lots of people will continue to make excuses for the 7+ years of garbage.

Because they are too headstrong to admit that they've been supporting garbage for so long, and/or are too embarrassed to admit they are wrong.

If it's not "need time for chemistry", it's COVID, it's injuries, it's [insert any number of excuses here as if the Vancouver Canucks are the only team in the NHL that deals with them].

It's all garbage.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

So can we break the record for the worst PK of all time?  

Can we break the record for the most times a team gives up the first goal?  

Those are coaching issues to me. 

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I wanna stay positive team will jell  soon 

but I think changes coming soon 

JB will go before Green 

changes coming. 

no depth no toughness no identity no direction 

soft team without depth 

So why is this on JB? This is on green and coaching staff. On paper we have a decent team. Multiple times I heard American play by play guys praising the Canucks roster and not understanding what's going on with them. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

This needs to change. I can see that losing culture starting to be accepted by this team. As if they think it's acceptable to have days off.

The team seems to have a fairweather attitude when it comes to winning games and the results show. No one cares what they say about losing games "being unacceptable" to the media, the results are the evidence of how they actually think. 

Ok sure, the two games prior to this were better efforts than tonight (obviously) but you gotta keep having a mentality to bring your top game every time. That's why they get paid the big bucks. It's as if they're thinking, "well, we put in the effort these past couple games, we can take this day off".

That all starts with the coach and he dictates the locker room.

TG needs to go and I had always thought he should've been moved on from since the summer, you can clearly tell he's not gonna be that guy to bring this team to the next level.

Management and Ownership has no foresight, they don't seem to think about the big picture but choose coaches based on potential or who are already in the system.

Leave potential to the actual players and have them realize their potential as a team with an actual experienced coach.

This is why in some ways, there was both good and bad things about that playoff bubble run. I can bet that it elongated his tenure with the team.

If that didn't happen, he would've already been moved on from. Same thing happened with Willie Desjardins (when this team made the 2015 PO's)

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

I can remember playing junior B hockey. We were getting beat by Richmond 4-0 late in the first. Time out called. Coach says "if you don't hit every player in the opposite jersey who touches the puck, you will get slivers in your ass"

Well, we lost 5-4 and out hit them by 33 hits.

There were several fights and they knew they were in the game. We went on a 5 game winning streaks. 

This team?

It is sad to watch. No jam, no fire, nothing. 

This is not okay. 

Funny I was thinking earlier that I remember our team winning a game 16-2 and I felt the other team gave more effort than I saw from the Canucks tonight.  At least they appear to give a (pick word)