The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIRE Jim Benning & Travis Green Thread

Rate this topic

Sanford

10 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Rutherford is a terrible GM. He failed forward into that Pittsburgh job. Anyone can win a cup with Crosby and Malkin. What did he do.. trade for Nick Bonino ? So did Benning. 

Rutherford is ripe to be one of those GMs that destroys his legacy with his next gig. Because he's so overrated. 

While I agree that Rutherford is not a good candidate for the Canucks or any rebuilding team, I think you are underestimating his impact on the Penguins' back to back cup.

"Anyone can win a cup with Crosby and Malkin"....then why did the Penguins only won 1 cup in the previous 10 years, they had Malkin and Crosby all those years.

He traded Kapanen for Kessel who had a really big impact in these 2 cups.  He also later traded back for Kapanen who is now a core part of this team.  He also traded for like guys like Oleksiak, Hainsey and Schultz for bread crumb and ended up being key acquisitions down the stretch.

Not to mention he fired Johnston and gave Sullivan the commands.

Rutherford might have been a good option for the Canucks post 2011.  However, I agree that right now he's not the guy we need, but that doesn't diminish what he did for Pittsburgh.

Edited by timberz21
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

yes i value a high pick over all the player we have. after all good majority of the fan base here are calling EP or Hughes or Boeser or Bo trash every couple post in the GDT PGT so technically we don't even have any talent anyways. the new generation are all over the social media, you don't think they see what the fan base are saying about them or trashing about them? with how toxic the fanbase is towards their player i wonder if some of them are not playing to try to get traded lol

Yes it's the fans' fault.

Get a grip. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Old fashioned is better than analytics dweebs who don't understand the sport.

You mean the dweebs that have been saying we suck, will suck, and the bottom will fall out (all true) for like Benning's entire tenure?

How wrong they were... :emot-parrot:

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

You mean the dweebs that have been saying we suck, will suck, and the bottom will fall out (all true) for like Benning's entire tenure?

How wrong they were... :emot-parrot:

I'd much prefer an actual hockey guy over a guy like Dubas who is still trying to figure out how to get the prize from inside the puck.

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Old fashioned is better than analytics dweebs who don't understand the sport.

You do realize that the 2016/2017 Penguins made a ton of analytically-based moves and that Babcock's Detroit and Toronto teams consistently had some of the best shot differential numbers in the league, right?

NHL Gm power rankings from September 2021- JB ranked the worst. 
I know I know blah blah media hates us…. 
excuses are  the common theme in the JB era for failures off the ice to on the ice. 

sooner they cut ties with JB the better off this team will be. 

F6311D13-DD51-4A99-83A4-034E6BACAA2A.jpeg.f7512837dbbc252980b1c77798dfa3e1.jpeg

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, combover said:

NHL Gm power rankings from September 2021- JB ranked the worst. 
I know I know blah blah media hates us…. 
excuses are  the common theme in the JB era for failures off the ice to on the ice. 

sooner they cut ties with JB the better off this team will be. 

F6311D13-DD51-4A99-83A4-034E6BACAA2A.jpeg.f7512837dbbc252980b1c77798dfa3e1.jpeg

"They operate like they are one player away from being a Stanley Cup contender, but they are never close to that" was my belief for years, i always thought they jumped the gun 1-2 yr too early rather than just wait and have a much better team, (but my opinion does not pay the bills)

3 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Yes it's the fans' fault.

Get a grip. :rolleyes:

It's not the fans fault sure but do they help by being toxic to their players? Don't think so. Imagine all the ppl hounding on boeser ep hughes whoever else on their Instagram Twitter whatever. Those will get them out of their slump and motivate them to play harder right? Just publicly trash on them. 

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

It's not the fans fault sure but do they help by being toxic to their players? Don't think so. Imagine all the ppl hounding on boeser ep hughes whoever else on their Instagram Twitter whatever. Those will get them out of their slump and motivate them to play harder right? Just publicly trash on them. 

It's 2021, imbeciles on social media like me are part of life now. Gotta get used to it.