The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

Holy, I didn't realize the game is tonight. 

Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

If we're going to address "toxic" stuff, let's start here.

Interference?  Really?

I wonder if the referees are embarrassed even a bit. NHL refereeing will be done by A.I. and cameras in the very near future if stuff like this keeps happening. The refs are not just messing up with the canucks these days. Its in pretty much every game.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

That it does...like the truth that we really didn't need Burrows....

Kidding! Dont hate me! 

I never bought into that one either.  We needed Burr and we certainly need Miller.

I won't hate you but I may deck you.  :towel:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Fidds said:

So is Motte going to play or did they bring him on the trip for moral support. You would think the coach would put him in the way our pk looks.

He was put on LTIR, he’s eligible to return I believe November 20. 

Just now, Battlemonger said:

I wonder if the referees are embarrassed even a bit. NHL refereeing will be done by A.I. and cameras in the very near future if stuff like this keeps happening. The refs are not just messing up with the canucks these days. Its in pretty much every game.

There'll be a slow drag TO use AI and cameras because then it becomes difficult to manage games.

In this day and age, it's the only fair way to do it.  There are far too many incidents of really poor calls being made and missed.  It's having an impact on good games and changing the face of them.  Can suck all the wind out of sails because you're momentarily in shock at the display of ineptness.  These are the top officials in the best league in the world?  Please.  My 15 year old nephew could make better on ice calls.

It's like the Frog sitting in the boiling pot...

Each loss gradually turns up the heat a little..

If this goes on another month Benning will be forced to make a desperation trade.

Maybe admitting they were wrong on a guy like Dickinson? Maybe Poolman and some picks in a package.

Maybe it's JT Miller since he has the most value in a trade right now to get a couple roster players.

Something has to give eventually if this continues.

American Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

If they don't show any signs of significant improvement it's a lost season.

Then all bets are off...

At this point Benning should be listening to offers for Boeser and Horvat as well along with JT Miller and Petersson.

Only untouchables are Quinn Hughes and Demko...

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

Anybody got the link to an article about  Green calling out the refs from last nights game?  I got a sportnet push notification on it and when I opened it there was no such story. cant find it on TSN either 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-green-calls-atrocious-officiating-loss-golden-knights/

The Vancouver Canucks entered T-Mobile Arena in Vegas on Saturday looking determined to bounce back from an atrocious 7-1 loss to the Colorado Avalanche. They jumped out to a 2-0 lead, and even tied the game twice after squandering it, but ultimately fell to the Golden Knights 7-4.

A myriad of things have to go wrong for a team to allow seven goals, and when asked where the game got away from his team head coach Travis Green couldn't omit what he perceived as poor officiating.

"I don't usually complain about refereeing but the call against (Thatcher) Demko was atrocious and the call against (Oliver Ekman-Larsson), the double-minor for roughing, was very questionable for me as well. Both were in critical parts of the game."

Demko received a delay of game penalty for knocking the net off its moorings while Vegas pressured the offensive zone with the game tied 4-4 midway through the third period.

Demko receives questionable delay of game penalty

Green mentioned that the officials did not give him an explanation for the call and pleaded that Demko did not intentionally move the net, noting it had been pushed off multiple times in the game -- including by Vegas goaltender Robin Lehner.

“The post had come off a couple of times already, it came off with Lehner, I believe, in the second period. They actually had to go fix the post. On the commercial (break), they had the crew come out to fix it," said Green. "I mean Demmer, he wasn't pushing the net off. It wasn't a penalty.

"I didn't get an explanation."

Jonathan Marchessault then scored the eventual game-winner on the ensuing power play.

Ekman-Larsson's penalty came while the Canucks carried all momentum off a 2-0 start.

After Vegas defenceman Brayden McNabb stepped in with a dangerous hit on Vancouver rookie Vasily Podkolzin, Ekman-Larsson jumped in to defend his teammate.

No fighting majors were given, instead Ekman-Larsson received a double-minor for roughing while McNabb got away with only two minutes in the box. The Golden Knights then scored on a 5-on-3 after Canucks forward Justin Bailey took a penalty to cut the lead in half.is defence

The Canucks are currently seventh in the Pacific Division with a 5-8-2 record, ahead of only the expansion Seattle Kraken. They play the Anaheim Ducks Sunday night at 5 p.m. PT on Sportsnet Pacific.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Lose big today and Green is still coaching on Wednesday how would you feel? Digging deeper holes doesn’t help anyone. If Green isn’t the right coach a win tonight should mean nothing. You don’t get a win here and there to scrape by. A decision should have already been made whether we are going another 10 games or we are currently looking for replacements. Someone still needs to run that bench 

Problem is coaches don't usually get fired after wins.  The sooner the idiot destroying the team with his gross incompetence is removed and replaced with a coach who actually belongs in the NHL, the better our chances are for a recovery.  Get it over with and stop prolonging the inevitable.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

Anybody got the link to an article about  Green calling out the refs from last nights game?  I got a sportnet push notification on it and when I opened it there was no such story. cant find it on TSN either 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-green-calls-atrocious-officiating-loss-golden-knights/

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Lose big today and Green is still coaching on Wednesday how would you feel? 

That much $&!#tier than I do right now I suppose.

Digging deeper holes doesn’t help anyone.

It does if you're trying to get to the other side.

If Green isn’t the right coach a win tonight should mean nothing. You don’t get a win here and there to scrape by. A decision should have already been made whether we are going another 10 games or we are currently looking for replacements. Someone still needs to run that bench 

Ideally, it shouldn't mean anything, but it often does. How often do you see a coach fired after a win? A firing usually happens after a tough loss, so that's what I'm hoping happens. Shaw has some coaching experience, so I'd imagine he takes over in the interim. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

There'll be a slow drag TO use AI and cameras because then it becomes difficult to manage games.

In this day and age, it's the only fair way to do it.  There are far too many incidents of really poor calls being made and missed.  It's having an impact on good games and changing the face of them.  Can suck all the wind out of sails because you're momentarily in shock at the display of ineptness.  These are the top officials in the best league in the world?  Please.  My 15 year old nephew could make better on ice calls.

I see junior games officiated more professionally than the NHL.  If the refs aren't willing to conduct themselves appropriately, replace them with the guys in the lower levels who will.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Problem is coaches don't usually get fired after wins.  The sooner the idiot destroying the team with his gross incompetence is removed and replaced with a coach who actually belongs in the NHL, the better our chances are for a recovery.  Get it over with and stop prolonging the inevitable.

They don’t usually but that’s not to say they don’t. We still have to have have someone in place. You want Baumer as intern? Think about it. Hoping to lose 10-0 to get rid of one guy isn’t the answer. What has Shaw proven? Our record indicates no one is listening to him either? Have no one on the bench for a couple  games? Bring up Cull have another rookie coach? That will go over well 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

I feel like they secretly gloat in it all.  Like they're so full of themselves and their authority and positions of power and the inability to question them or make them answer, that they simply don't care.  They're untouchable and they know it.  They have a free pass to just suck, completely, and ruin good games.  The timing of their hits and misses is really key...because they change momentum in games.

I'd like them to have to go on camera post game and explain their calls.  It would go a long way to credibility and accountability.  Nope....just skate off and hit McDonalds drive thru on the way home.

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Autocorrect. Point is that pushing to remain status quo is damning the team. If a huge loss to end the road trip is what it takes to instigate real change, then that's what I hope happens. How many terrible performances is it going to take to convince you that this team is broken?

Not gonna happen; I've been a fan since before the team got an NHL franchise.

Seen worse; still cheering the boys on.

GO BO GO

• Cheers 3