The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

They don’t usually but that’s not to say they don’t. We still have to have have someone in place. You want Baumer as intern? Think about it. Hoping to lose 10-0 to get rid of one guy isn’t the answer. What has Shaw proven? Our record indicates no one is listening to him either? Have no one on the bench for a couple  games? Bring up Cull have another rookie coach? That will go over well 

Shaw at least has proven he can coach in the NHL, which is something none of the rest of our staff has done.  Going without a coach altogether would still be an upgade over Green, Baumer, and King.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

I don't know what to say at this point. There is so much noise around this team.

I definitely don't think trading away J.T would be wise. As others have mentioned, the rest of the team needs to pony up around him. He brings a fire that we so desperately need. This team identity/culture as pushovers has lingered way too long, and in case some of you forgot... it's partially the reason why we lost in 2011 against the Big Bad Bruins. He is trying to lead, and yes is probably coming off as abrasive in the room, but this is hockey. Suck it up young-ins and rally around him.

I've always thought Bo was too soft to be a captain, but we are where we are. I wish he would stick up for his teammates more often. He always turns a blind eye when a teammate gets wronged.

In terms of coach Green... I am still undecided. Some days I am pro firing, and some days I am pro keeping. Colorado was a gong show, but last night the group seemed to play good hockey. Right now is truly the breaking point. Can he rally this team or do we continue to flounder?

Go Canucks.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That much $&!#tier than I do right now I suppose.

It does if you're trying to get to the other side.

Ideally, it shouldn't mean anything, but it often does. How often do you see a coach fired after a win? A firing usually happens after a tough loss, so that's what I'm hoping happens. Shaw has some coaching experience, so I'd imagine he takes over in the interim. 

After a win?  How about right after winning the Stanley Cup?  Al McNeal got demoted back to the minors that off-season.  Tough crowd in Montreal.:lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We need this kind of voice in the locker room.

Such a beauty. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to take Travis seriously. His fitness level & demeanor just don't give me THAT!

Brind'amour is proving to be a hell of a coach.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

I'm not saying I'm happy about the situation.  Hirsch wouldn't elude to " alpha issue's in the locker room " out of speculation.  He has more than enough contacts to know what's going on. He even furthered that by saying a trade is needed to fix it. 

I heard Hirsch on a radio broadcast last season clearly say Miller's on-ice behaviour was a problem and that he should be moved. Not sure why he would be elusive about identifying a player (perhaps even the same player) now. 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Shaw at least has proven he can coach in the NHL, which is something none of the rest of our staff has done.  Going without a coach altogether would still be an upgade over Green, Baumer, and King.

Maybe. I guess we’ll see what happens. I’ll be the devil’s advocate on this one a hope for a fat W

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I think Hirschy would be wise to remember that if he’s got something important that needs saying then by all means tell us. Name names. Otherwise  best keep it to himself. Rampant speculation and rumours on social media don’t do anything for anyone’s mental health.

That's exactly what I said.

He can't feed this beast...as a player who's struggled, it's unfair to a team that is.  Let sleeping dogs lie.  They'll figure it out (or won't) but they don't need the extra drama that's being created out there.  Rumours and hearsay and garbage.

I don't know why we have ex players who really didn't fully prove themselves analyzing other players.

A goaltender with 34 wins and 45 losses and a GAA of 3.13 isn't really my "go to" guy in it all.  Not sure why he'd be our source on what's wrong with the team?   I don't know that he figured out his own game, let alone being an expert on someone else's.

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

No I believe he said the issue is likely the room.  And people assume it's that moody guy.  

IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR THOSE NEW TO THIS:  A room isn't pleasant when a team's losing....don't overlook that part folks.  All rooms will have some frustration and venting during the skids.  Corey alludes to some alpha issues...I prefer that to silence and complacency.

I like somebody to stand up and fire f-bombs everywhere, if that is what it takes... 

Frustrations are channeled in many ways, and could care less, how they get it out of the system, as long as they do, and come back with anger and hunger, and play like possessed...

Time to take a proper dump on the opposition, and for the team to come out fighting, leading with the fists if needed. Too bad Green couldn't see this issue happening, when he sat the roster. Would have love to have a player smack either Stone or McNabb, when they hammered into garland and Podkolzin... Just to give the boys a massive lift...

An NHL team without truculence... find it hard to believe...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Maybe. I guess we’ll see what happens. I’ll be the devil’s advocate on this one a hope for a fat W

We can't control what happens with the team, but I can't take another loss.  I need a win for selfish reasons, even if it doesn't fulfil the agenda that some here may have.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's honestly embarassing how Baumer & King have jobs with our organization. They were barely NHL players, yet somehow our franchise decides to lend out a helping hand to these two plugs. Like seriously, how were there no better options?

200 career NHL games between the two of them. That would be like if we hired Brad Hunt & Jayson Megna to be assistant coaches in 10 years. Just not qualified.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1