The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Pickly said:

Where tf has captain Horvat been during this skid? You have to ask yourself, is he really the guy that the team needs leading them through whatever comes next? Or do the Canucks need more heart and soul type leadership? He disappears for games on end than shows up and puts on a great performance then disappears again for 4 games. 

Bo is the captain and he is struggling like every one else,I can think of a few players that are just as bad 

2 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

Trevor Linden was a great captain. Nicest guy off the ice, played a real hard clean game on it. He stuck up for his teammates, led by example. Who can forget the 2 goal effort in game 7 of the ‘94 SCF (with a severe rib injury) or hammering Jeff Norton through the glass the next year?

He always got better in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Yup. Pretty much can be said for any team against us.  Have we ever been this soft a team?  Seriously.   

I can’t recall a team this soft in the last 30 years. I had high hopes for Keeper, but his broken leg changed that. I think he’d be a good tough 6/7th D man. 

Just now, wildwood12 said:

Why no interview with Benning in between periods, and as: What the Hell is going on with this team?

The penalty kill has completely zapped this teams confidence. On top of that our powerplay isn’t much better.

You can get away with one being bad maybe, but if both areas of special teams suck you can’t win games.

I think the players go into every game knowing that it doesn’t matter how good they play their penalty kill will lose them the game. Hard to get motivated like that.

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

It was one season and not even close to 98/99 and this year other than the Luongo fiasco. 

The Tortorella experiment felt like an eternity with everything that transpired in it.

Ghaaaad, that Luongo-diss over the heritage classic, is textbook-Tortorella-style-core-busting. Narcissist-in-chief who clearly cared nothin’ for the city, the fans, and nearly 1/2 of his players. 

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Coach has to go.  

Bo Horvat, if he has any pull with the team will call a player's only meeting.  Better yet, OEL should call a player's only meeting and serve a slap to everyone in that room. 

Haha.. picturing oel back hand slapping the entire roster