The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

No way Babs comes near this tire fire when he’s still getting paid millions to coach a Canadian university team with zero pressure. 

Babcock has an ego.  He wants back in the show. I think he would jump at the chance at a comeback.  Especially with some of the potential this team has.

Look at our forward group. This team has the potential to score if coached properly 

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Also, off topic and may just be me but does anyone else feel that other teams looking at our bench and seeing Jason King just encourages them to play tough? I mean, dude looks like a serious wimp lol.

Newell Brown vs Jason King, 3 rounds, MMA rules, who you got?

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Not with Benning running things. And even if he's removed, there's still a meddlesome, penny pinching owner as well.

This franchise is &^@#ed.

As long as the owner wants to pinch pennies on GM's and coaches, yip. Although Aqua better be ready for an empty rink. It's coming. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

Babcock has an ego.  He wants back in the show. I think he would jump at the chance at a comeback.  Especially with some of the potential this team has.

Look at our forward group. This team has the potential to score if coached properly 

Never thought I'd say this, sure. I feel like the ugly lights just turned on at the night club, and I'm not feeling that picky.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

We should just hire Mike Babcock.

The guy has probably done some self reflection and he deserves another chance.

He was thought of as the best coach in the league for years.  Give the guy another shot.

These players could use some sandpaper, some tough love.  They have zero respect for this current staff.

toronto maple leafs hello GIF by NBA

• Like 2

,,,, but we traded picks to get these guys playoff experience before (which they had a hand in us losing, (and if not for covid falling out of playoffs)

The argument was management wanted to give these guys a chance to win as to why it was done

Now Benning goes all in (instead of waiting 1 year for big improvements) again to give them a chance to win NOW and this is how the players show and appreciate that?

Prima Donnas?

I am sure management,  and players and owner have sat down to hash this out, and they are aware of what is going on and keeping it in house for now?

We can speculate, but there is something wrong when your best player doesn't even get more than 2 shots in 3 games total?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ABNucksfan said:

Who cares, if I had enough money and owned the team. id be on every road trip… 

he clearly isn’t a good owner. Time for him to sell. 

It is owned by the family. Is there another family member that can step in and take the reigns? Frannie is clearly an incompetent owner.

Team has given up - no matter what Mott is saying. No execution, now urgency, no hitting ( F what the scoreboard says, I can't remember a single hit of consequence on this roundtrip !)  

Looks like now even Podz, Huggy and Bo are fed up and completely absent. Remember when we were joking how long it would take for Garland to get on board with the team attitude of apathy - well that day has come.  Hogz and Miller are the only F actually playing ? 

D is horrific - OEL isn't looking bad, but you gotta think now that money would have been better spent on 2 good heavy shutdown guys to give that extra depth. Hunt, Burroughs is up there with a Sbisa, Poosalot pairing - just a disaster waiting to happen :picard:. . . OJ was no way near this bad last year - what a $&!# show! 

Same with Garland -  as i loved his first 10 games you have to wonder if now that money might have been better spent on someone that can actually win the dump and chase as opposed to try and dangle spin round 3 checkers while receiving a suicide pass in the netral zone that was blasted into his skates by one of the usual suspects :picard:

Edited by Eddie

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Newell Brown for sure. 1st round destruction on King. Lol

Jason King goes for a drop pass, Newell is expecting it and reverses it into a triangle choke!  

200w.gif