The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

Pretty much cap-screwed, no? 

Who's going to trade away good players 10 games into the season?  Does Arizona or Chicago have anyone?  Those might be the only sellers at the moment. 

I thought we would turn a corner this year and compete but I have almost no belief in this team right now. For years, Ive thought that once our core developed and once we shed all our bad contracts and got a supporting cast of players that these would be the years we would go on deep playoff runs. However we are so far from that expectation it's not even close. I don't even have the tiniest expectation that we are going to win games. I just feel horribly dissapointed and let down. I don't know who to blame. Petey has regressed and just isn't the same. Brock isn't the same. Horvat isn't showing leadership. Demko is a god when he's in the zone but the team is so out of touch he cannot achieve zonage. Half our defense belongs in the AHL. Green sucks. I blame Benning most for letting tanev and Toffoli go but he made a bunch of mistakes over his tenure. I think I am giving up on this team until serious changes are made. Blow it all up. Fire everyone. Have someone new begin rebuild 2.0. acquire draft picks and build depth and maybe we can be competitive in a few years.  Disappointed more then ever. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Did Myers know where to sit? I mean, he has been out of position so often lately.

Hard to be in position when the guy in charge of running the D isn't good enough to coach at the ECHL level.  I'm pretty confident that all of our D will look a lot better once Baumgartner is gone.  We would be better off without a coach than with having that clown continuing to handicap the D with his incompetence. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Same with Garland -  as i loved his first 10 games you have to wonder if now that money might have been better spent on someone that can actually win the dump and chase as opposed to try and dangle spin round 3 checkers while receiving a suicide pass in the netral zone that was blasted into his skates by one of the usual suspects :picard:

4.75 more years. I think we have some albatross on the menu with that one. 

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Maybe they are currently talking to Benning telling him to not let Green onto the team plane and to hire an actual coach before the next game.

Hopefully they are talking to Luigi telling him to can Frank, Benning, Green and Baumer

#1.................Benning needs to be fired 1st because we do not want him hiring our next coach

#2.................We do not have enough large physical players, especially on defense

#3.................apparently, we do not have enough character on the team

#4.................we really need another face off guy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1