The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

3FD8762A-A793-411B-846E-12007F936374.jpeg

It's time....they deserve a shot with some fresh ideas and perspectives.  Baumer, King, Green all have to go and then we can reassess.  If it's really about the "room" and not them, it'll be figured out pretty quickly but we won't be any further behind.  

It's really frustrating to see players join the team with natural skills and abilities and then fall completely apart.  Not one, but a few.  That says someone's not helping them that should.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I’ve talked about psychology a couple of years now and being ridiculed by it. 

How long before folks start to listen?

Benning is a cheap coward and the players know it. He hasn’t got a chance to have the players behind him. 
Green suffers because of it and doesn’t have a game plan to fix it. 

Have to say that my first issue is with Green, and it has really been an ongoing issue over the last few years. For some reason, he doesn't seem to think a team needs 'muscles' on it... which I find astonishing from a former NHL player... I am well aware that muscles doesn't stop folk taking liberties, but it sure as hell reduces the amount handed out. 
I'm not taling about 1 playee, but fair few, who can throw em on top of normal team heaviness... I will not have been the slightest surprised if EP has had enough of dighting his own battles against folkes 40-80 lbs bigger than him. 
There were a few players in squad able to support this, but they got dumped for has beens and that's on Green. 
I don't what this has to do with Benning being a 'cheap coward', unless you are refering to his Dahlen dealings or LE dealings. 
I think Benning has been super fair with EP so far. 
But I haven't got a clue... I just know, that I'm at breaking point, and if this is how I feel, only god knows, how the players feel at this moment in time. 
I have my doubt they can turn it around, as there is nothing new coming to help them... and maybe a new voice will give them some belief or motivate them. 
I'm concerned about a new GM, cause I fear we will see a flurry of transactions, and selling at low value has never been clever business wise... and atm the value for our players are at an all time low. 

5 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

The good ol’ boys club has to come to an end at some point.  It seems like if you’ve ever been a Canuck in the past there’s a job waiting for you, no matter how unqualified you are.  The Canucks are too top heavy in Management.  Our advisors have advisors.  Love the Sedins but other than a marketing ploy what to they bring to the table?  How did King talk his way into a job?   Remember the days of 3 Hat Pat?  We have like 9 different coaches now.  Time to Pare down management.  

The Canucks have, by far, the thinnest and most top heavy front office in the NHL. All power is centralized with Benning and Weisbrod who have gotten rid of any dissenting voices. They need a PoHO and actual departments that aren’t micro managed by those 2.

3 Hat Pat only worked because he was actually competent at the jobs and had good people around him.

Ask yourself this. When you hear Benning talk does he inspire your confidence that he is the smartest guy in the room and that he has everything under control?

• Wat 1

22 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

3FD8762A-A793-411B-846E-12007F936374.jpeg

Wow... didn't think it was as bad as that within the group. 
This must have been what was reported yesterday about locker room issues. 
Sounds like at least some of the players have checked out on the coaching staff. 
The end is near....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Those thinking this is a power struggle between Bo and Miller, this quote was from yesterday:

'You need to hold guys accountable and he’s one of the guys who does that. The way he plays is to lead by example and we need that from everybody. We’re lucky to have him.' — Canucks captain Bo Horvat on J.T. Miller.

As for Hirsch....he may be on the plane/bus but he's not in the room.  I've seen two reports about how it's off limits (Imac was outside the room during the broadcast...it's a no go zone).  Again, frustration's bound to seep in and he may see some of that but it doesn't mean there's an issue.  JT's obviously an alpha.   Team needs that.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-notebook-hobbling-miller-returning-motte-should-provide-inspiration

• Like 2

Management options: Tulisky Car AGM, MacFarland Col AGM, Verbeek TB AGM, Luongo Fla, R. Johnson Farm team GM, sentimental choice but highly unlikely Kevin Bieksa etc

Coaches: John Stevens Dal (removed from bench to coach from upstairs...odd no?) Boudreau for offense, let Shaw run the D, Julien (not my choice), Crawford, Gronberg (Euro), Cull ( Assistant coach), Bylsma, Babcock,

What about: Head Coach Boudreau/Bylsma/Stevens, Assistant Coach Shaw- just signed can't see him being canned already (D), Assistant Coach Cull (F/PP)

GM (if possible in season poaching) Tulisky/MacFarland/Verbeek

AGM Ryan Johnson

AGM Kevin Bieksa(sentimental) 

Co President's of Hockey Operations: Sedin's

We basically promote from within in certain roles, but those promotions are to Assistant NHL jobs not full top jobs in said positions

2 hours ago, Ajax- said:

So FIRE the whole team, FIRE the coach, FIRE the GM, why don't we FIRE the city of Vancouver and move the team? Goodlord man

Ok, we are all, disappointed, mad, frustrated, but let's look at solutions, offer ideas, debate things. we have to make a change, that's inevitable. You don't make trades when your team sucks this bad.

It's up to the players at this point to right the ship and show some pride. 

Green, King and Baumer should be fired today.

Shaw In term coach, find an experienced assistant  coach?

Fire Banning at season end with no playoffs 

Sedins role expanded and Trevor Linden brought back. 

Find the most experienced NHL coach

Get permission to talk to Manny and Burr

Find a 3rd line center and a Defense that can defend

I, we, all had great expectations. $&!# happens, other teams improved and developing their prospects,  team chemistry is huge and we don't seem to have any.

Next year folks

Soooo, you’re saying we’re not going full St Louis this year…dang I was holding out for that :lol:

24 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Is this real? Link?

No it isn’t real. It is like half the posters on here who are in some junior psych class on influencing the masses for fame and fortune. If the mods don’t take care of cleaning these guys off the site then I wonder why fans should check in?

• Upvote 2