The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will there be a change in coaching or management before Wednesday?

-SN-

Will there be a change in coaching or management before Wednesday?   

323 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, x00x said:

they wont aquaman so slow to make change at management :( but he needs to do something before the hole is to deep

One thing that surprised me was that Aquillini chose to stay in Vegas to watch football rather than travel with the team.

Like, how bad is your team for you to ditch them in the middle to watch football?

Or, maybe he is contemplating a change and wanted some time and space away from JB and TG?

Just now, King Heffy said:

A decent human being wouldn't be throwing his team under the bus while not holding himself accountable.

I'm not sure you're one to talk, as you've stated that people should have booed Brad Hunt at games. Is that your solution for everything you don't like or agree with? Boo them? It's a pretty myopic way of approaching an issue. 

Yes Green has lost the room, and will most likely be fired, but to chant that he should be fired at a game in front of the players and other fans is classless. It doesn't solve anything at all. Yes, he's never taken any responsibility or ownership for the poor outcomes of games, but that's probably led to the rift now. He's done that to himself and now he's paying for it.

Just now, King Heffy said:

He simply is not welcome here and not showing up doesn't show as clear of a message.

Not showing up to games shows that fans aren't supporting the team in totality. The present situation is on more than just Green. It's on Benning and the players as well. 

• Cheers 1

Sadly not a peep from the Aquaman ...the only way Canuck Fans can show their frustrations is NOT TO BUY A TICKET for the next home game....cause the only way the Aquaclan will react is when they realise that the Canucks Brand is tanking so badly that they will lose more than money....

12 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I am all for replacing Green but can anyone name me a coach that could win with Brad Hunt, Madison Bowey and Kyle Burroughs making up half your d-men in a game? If so, that is the guy I want and I don't care what it takes.

According to fans, who the new guy is is immaterial. The new guy is guaranteed to be better than Travis Green. The new guy to be named has magical powers and will single handedly revive Pettersson's and Boeser's season. Our PK an PP would be anew.  In fact, since firing the incumbent is guaranteed to make way for someone better, we should fire the coach and G.M. every 6 months to improve the management and coaching staff in a linear progression. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

According to fans, who the new guy is is immaterial. The new guy is guaranteed to be better than Travis Green. The new guy to be named has magical powers and will single handedly revive Pettersson's and Boeser's season. Our PK an PP would be anew.  In fact, since firing the incumbent is guaranteed to make way for someone better, we should fire the coach and G.M. every 6 months to improve the management and coaching staff in a linear progression. 

Name any of the proposed options who would be worse than the incompetent clown currently coaching the team.

I would like some sort of coaching change, not a GM change. Doesn't necessarily have to be Green, but he's the most obvious choice.

My gut is that if he hasn't been fired yet, he will have a very long leash until either much later into the season, far after we even have a chance at saving the season, or even after the season ends.

3 minutes ago, Kelly Green said:

As hard as this past roadtrip and the post game interviews have been to watch, booing the coach or throwing sweaters on the ice is not anything I want to see here.

Hopefully there is a coaching change made before the next game for everyones sake.

At least we are not losing in the Cup Finals this year so some of those fans can set the city on fire. 

• Cheers 1

I'm not sure it has been mentioned, but for all the vitrol against Green (heck, include me in that lol), he has to be given at least SOME credit for the turnaround in OEL.  I suppose some might claim, OEL returned to form in spite of coaching but I don't really believe that.  You can't just pin everything on Green and give him no credit for the positives.

That said, I don't think he's the right head coach for this team.

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'm not sure it has been mentioned, but for all the vitrol against Green (heck, include me in that lol), he has to be given at least SOME credit for the turnaround in OEL.  I suppose some might claim, OEL returned to form in spite of coaching but I don't really believe that.  You can't just pin everything on Green and give him no credit for the positives.

That said, I don't think he's the right head coach for this team.

I'll give credit to Shaw for that, since he's the only actual NHL coach we have other than Clark, and he has a history of getting defencemen to play to their potential.