The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

The roster just isn't good enough, no one wins with a D core like this.  Hughes takes a dumb penalty and it costs them the game in his mind and he's probably not wrong.  When you're as bad as the Nucks are any little mistake gets magnified and Hughes is supposed to be a leader just like Petey.

Edler, Tanev, Schmidt all left us and have gone on to significantly outperform their recent Vancouver stints. 

Our defense is acceptable on paper, playing a horrible system. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

Even if it's a miniscule change, I'd like to at the very least see Baumgartner formally cede his responsibilities on the PK and defense to Brad Shaw, rather than Shaw being the ubiquitous 'consultant' coach.

Baumer is still in Charge of D wtf no wonder. I been out of the loop

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sad that management hasn’t even done one thing to try and improve the pk personnel wise.

You’re telling me it’s not worth trying to call up Di Giuseppe or Lockwood at this point? Making a claim from the waiver wire? Nothing to mix things up?

Bailey was the one 

I don't ever wanna see Bailey on this team again.  Zero competitiveness.  

Yeah I'd like to see someone new on the team.  I'm going to keep watching all the games, hell going to the Blackhawks game and the Kings game...  but I'm stopping to listen to any Canucks coverage otherwise. 

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If that’s our basis for comparison that’s pretty sad.

Plenty of teams in the league with owners willing to spend to the cap.

If Aquilini we’re actually a fan of this team he would sell it. He needs to realize he’s part of the problem now. They’ll never win with him running things.

Go make some money so you can buy the team. Then, you can show them what you know about owning a team.

• Wat 1

Just now, MaxVerstappen33 said:

But most posters say Edler aint worth 3.5. I would have kept him

Tbh based on how he looked in his last year in Vancouver, I think OEL for 7m was a better move. 

Give OEL a better system to play in and we've got another franchise d man. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2