The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Boeser does not look like Boeser from last year. 

He's 100% dogging it. Normally I would advocate a trade but if it's because of Green, I would rather fire Green. 

Too many of the top guys from the young core are not performing. Horvat has looked terrible lately too and Petterson has been a mess. 

Regression of all your top young guys might be fixed with one change. If those 3 are going, our record would be much better. 

Hughes Cross check penalty last night showed me what was wrong with the team. 

The stars don't feel like they are protected. 

That penalty was pure frustration. You think if someone like Motte or Dickinson ran Makar, AVs would sit there and do nothing and have Makar go down the ice and cross check someone? Boeser, Petey and co are tired of being hit with no retribution. Their on ice play shows that. 

This is a unity / locker room issues. Guys aren't playing for each other. Problem is the mix of guys out there. Canucks need at least 1 or 2 deterrents on the bottom 6 but we have none. I didn't think McEwan showed much preseason but maybe that was his role. So was Gadj. 

I wonder what the team would look like with those 2 in the bottom 6 over Lammikko, Chiasson 

Loved Bieksa. He's right. We are a fun team to play against. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

It simply shows, his clueless inability on what to do to turn this around.  He might have the aura of potentially a great coach but his record proves that he is a mediocre coach and everything, he will do to fix this mess - will only make it worse.  

Not sure why anyone thinks he has the aura of a potentially great coach:

He is all talk, no action. Good coaches hold themselves accountable too. They don’t blame luck or push it all on the players.

I have no problem understanding why the players won’t play for him. The whole Canucks organization from management to coaching to veteran “leaders” puts more effort into excuses for why they $&!# the bed instead of actually looking in the mirror. The team has a losing culture of excuse making.

4 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

IMG_2171.jpg.d5b3f82b8c68184dd411d4759f54a482.jpg

This says it all.

Wow.

Just wow.

You'd think the images should be opposite since the Canucks should be the ones huddled and planning up a strategy while the team in the lead catches their breath.

Just Green and King's dumb expressions. Absolutely clueless. 

It's like day and night.

AV's team is receiving coaching whereas Canucks team isn't receiving coaching.

Obviously Coach Green neither believed in turning this one around nor had he a play in mind to share with his players to get a goal.

The whole coaching team is done.

Hey just look at coach Green's body language: both hands in trouser pockets. Ha Ha. AV's coach quite the opposite: fully engaged and determined and full of energy.

Laughable.

I guess these little things went unnoticed by Master Jim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rackdawg said:

The POS kadri has 17 pts ..lol

Has nothing to do with that... hits hit on D. Sedin should been avenged by more than Jannik f'ing Hansen...

Same problem still with this team. No Muscle... The only players in the squad, who could potentially swing em, has been shipped out by the clueless muppet...

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I've never seen such horrible numbers for special teams from a Canucks team. Never.

If this can’t get a GM and coach fired, then we may as well admit we are no different than the old Oilers who valued having their former playing buddies running the team instead of competent people. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Not sure why anyone thinks he has the aura of a potentially great coach:

He is all talk, no action. Good coaches hold themselves accountable too. They don’t blame luck or push it all on the players.

I have no problem understanding why the players won’t play for him. The whole Canucks organization from management to coaching to veteran “leaders” puts more effort into excuses for why they $&!# the bed instead of actually looking in the mirror. The team has a losing culture of excuse making.

I get it cause that extension proves, at the very least, he is well liked within Canuck brass that they gave him, not a one but TWO YEARS contract extension - baffling, but office politics at its finest.

Anyways, good chance a DESPERATION TRADE, is coming to delay any leadership decision till seasons end - smh.  Simply put, Aquaman & crew (including the staff) can read all the leadership book ever written and they still won't get it cause there seems to be no accountability within this group; not surprising, that the on ice product is sloppy & ineffective.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it cause that extension proves, at the very least, he is well liked within Canuck brass that they gave him - not a one but TWO YEARS contract extension - baffling, but office politics at its finest.

Anyways, good chance a DESPERATION TRADE, is coming to delay any leadership decision till seasons end - smh - cause all of the leadership decision(s), from Aquaman down proves why, the Canucks are stuck in a circle of mediocrity.

A desperation trade is my guess too.

Probably a young core offensive player traded for toughness in the bottom 6 and a depth left handed pk dman. You know, the things we had but dumped for nothing after camp?

Anytime moves are made with no discernible long term advantage to the team other than saving the GM and coach’s jobs, it’s a sure sign you should replace your gm and coaches.

Edited by wallstreetamigo

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Probably a young core offensive player traded for toughness in the bottom 6 and a depth left handed pk dman. You know, the things we had but dumped for nothing after camp?

Anytime moves are made with no discernible long term advantage to the team other than saving the GM and coach’s jobs, it’s a sure sign you should replace your gm and coaches.

Maybe we should offer our first this year for juolevi. The fans will love that trade right?

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Obviously Green does not think they needed one as they kept Rathbone over OJ.

:bigblush:

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it cause that extension proves, at the very least, he is well liked within Canuck brass that they gave him, not a one but TWO YEARS contract extension - baffling, but office politics at its finest.

Anyways, good chance a DESPERATION TRADE, is coming to delay any leadership decision till seasons end - smh.  Simply put, Aquaman & crew (including the staff) can read all the leadership book ever written and they still won't get it cause there seems to be no accountability within this group; not surprising, that the on ice product is sloppy & ineffective.

one of the best books about leadership:

grafik.png.3248121d0cd10b93eb8332e4e5d253f8.png

7 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

It's like day and night.

Obviously Coach Green neither believed in turning this one around nor had he a play in mind to share with his players to get a goal.

Hey just look at coach Green's body language: both hands in trouser pockets. Ha Ha. AV's coach quite the opposite: fully engaged and determined and full of energy.

Laughable.

I wonder what Aqua thinks can possibly come from this?

get a greasy goal and the Fairy Godmother comes up from Disneyland and makes the whole team Princes?

I have been on the fire Green/Jimmer train for 3-4 years

but I am starting to feel sorry for Green

He is done, out of ideas, and must know there is no future here

And yet it would be a huge black mark on his resume to quit, so he is stuck waiting for management to do the right thing and let him go

what are they waiting for, Green to show up for work in clown shoes and a rainbow wig?

And then there are the players, 

after Petey's comments in the Summer, ( which some of you took very hard) management is proving his point

why would anyone, Coach or players want to come to Vancouver

This is starting to look like Arizona

16 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

It's like day and night.

Laughable.

Green isn't able to handle this pressure and he just wants to go home. He's tired and he knows it's beyond his capabilities. The other NHL teams are like well oiled machines going against error prone Canucks.

JB is not able to fire Green because he convinced the owner to re-sign Green, who probably didn't want to re-sign Green. 

The only option left is to fire Benning and let the new GM hire his own guy.

And it's tough for me to retract support for Benning but if that's what it takes to let Green go, then so be it.

Ultimately, his downfall is the coach.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Ditto, the other GM, knows the situation with the Canucks and JB will once again, have no leverage.  Plus, the player being traded outside of Miller (due to his stats) will have a depressed value due to Greens' tendency to destroy any/all the value a player has. 

More futures are the only real currency, JB has to trade; hopefully, he has more sense to keep this years 1st cause that will be a valuable pick based on there current trajectory.   Canucks under, Aquaman & crew are slowly turning into the Sens - ever rebuilding with a small blip of success to keep the fans hungry.   Ultimately, this is Aquamans' toy and if he chooses, to hire a weak leadership group - then it should not be shocking that anything they do moving forward, will only be a band-aid or worse.

4 hours ago, TFerguson said:

We'll see what happens if they lose to the Jets Friday. Feels like we have a powder keg situation. 

I'm at the game tomorrow at will lead a group to storm the owner's box and take control of the team if we lose by more than 3

I would settle for leading a fire Hreen and fire Benning chant that is so loud it gets national attention.  

19 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Desperation trade should not include Hog, Podz, and Demko and I'm OK with that. Anyone else can go.

The team is not going to be fixed until the coach is gone but they refuse to see this so. Well, they must do something.

Losing Tanev, Edler, and Marky and since then, the team hasn't been able to build an identity.

Regarding Marky, I'm starting to think that Marky > Demko.

As great as Demko is, and our current losing streak is not on him at all, but Marky took Green to the playoffs and won 2 rounds. 

Even Dominik Hasek may not be able to do that.

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ditto, the other GM, knows the situation with the Canucks and JB will once again, have no leverage.  Plus, the player being traded outside of Miller (due to his stats) will have a depressed value due to Greens' tendency to destroy any/all the value a player has. 

More futures are the only real currency, JB has to trade; hopefully, he has more sense to keep this years 1st cause that will be a valuable pick based on there current trajectory.   Canucks under, Aquaman & crew are slowly turning into the Sens - ever rebuilding with a small blip of success to keep the fans hungry.   Ultimately, this is Aquamans' toy and if he chooses, to hire a weak leadership group - then it should not be shocking that anything they do moving forward, will only be a band-aid or worse.

I think he has to move contract for contract for cap purposes.

Brock gonna go for a dman and a grinder.