The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

Pfft…

NYR is not the only team Canucks can trade with.

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You know what Larry there's no reason to move Miller at all so pay the price or don't but you aren't getting Miller for a song. 

Yeah, have fun NYR when you faceoff against Tampa and Florida...

If Miller goes to the rags I predict they will resign him at 8mill x 6 years. 
Obvy, some cap casualties will be a part of that.

anybody have other opinions on his next contract (assuming he stays heathy and performing at current clip)?

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

If Miller goes to the rags I predict they will resign him at 8mill x 6 years. 
Obvy, some cap casualties will be a part of that.

anybody have other opinions on his next contract (assuming he stays heathy and performing at current clip)?

I could see him taking a discounted cap hit for the Rangers.  $7.5ish range, with term......seems like a place he might want to finish his career

To stay in Van, I think it takes $8.5-9, closer to $9m

Edited by stawns

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I could see him taking a discounted cap hit for the Rangers.  $7.5ish range, with term......seems like a place he might want to finish his career

To stay in Van, I think it takes $8.5-9, closer to $9m

I don't understand this logic...

So he'd be willing to sign for $1.5M less per year (over $10M less over 7 years) with the NYR -- the same team that traded him away to begin with?  Why exactly?  Because it's NY? 

I dunno, I've got a young family and NY would be one of the last places I'd want to be raising children. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't understand this logic...

So he'd be willing to sign for $1.5M less per year (over $10M less over 7 years) with the NYR -- the same team that traded him away to begin with?  Why exactly?  Because it's NY? 

I dunno, I've got a young family and NY would be one of the last places I'd want to be raising children. 

-American born player.

-Loved his time in NY

-this isn't the same management that traded him

-he will get a NMC or NTC at the very least on his next deal, especially if he is leaving money on the table.

1 minute ago, coryberg said:

-American born player.

-Loved his time in NY

-this isn't the same management that traded him

-he will get a NMC or NTC at the very least on his next deal, especially if he is leaving money on the table.

I know lots of American family and friends that would love to be in Canada instead of America right now lol

Miller has come out and said he loves it in Vancouver, and so does his family. 

Miller has made friends and connections with many of his teammates here in Vancouver.  Clearly management, coaches, and fans all love him here too.

He would likely get a NMC or NTC in Vancouver too.  There's no way around that.  If there's no NMC or NTC, Miller simply won't sign. 

I just don't see enough that I think he'd take $7.5M in NY, but $9M in Vancouver.  That's a huge gap. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Nice &^@#ing try Larry Brooks.

No interest in Lundkvist.

Schneider needs to be in the deal or we should just look for another team that’s interested.

Exactly. Everyone in NY talking about Miller, but offering $&!#. 

&^@# you Brooks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Exactly. Everyone in NY talking about Miller, but offering $&!#. 

&^@# you Brooks. 

Someone ask him if they'd take Dickinson Schenn, Motte and a 2nd for Fox or Trouba with 20% retention.  Then point out that's how stupid that series of deals is

• Huggy Bear 1

30 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I know lots of American family and friends that would love to be in Canada instead of America right now lol

Miller has come out and said he loves it in Vancouver, and so does his family. 

Miller has made friends and connections with many of his teammates here in Vancouver.  Clearly management, coaches, and fans all love him here too.

He would likely get a NMC or NTC in Vancouver too.  There's no way around that.  If there's no NMC or NTC, Miller simply won't sign. 

I just don't see enough that I think he'd take $7.5M in NY, but $9M in Vancouver.  That's a huge gap. 

Yeah. I understand. But most players if not all, would not say that they hate the city they’re playing in. LOL. 

That would not paint them in good light. So it’s stupid for them to do that. The alternative is that they often say what the media wants to hear. This is what GM’s do all the time. They never, NEVER, speak the truth. GM’s lie all the time. And they often say what the media would like to hear. 

Just now, Warhippy said:

Someone ask him if they'd take Dickinson Schenn, Motte and a 2nd for Fox or Trouba with 20% retention.  Then point out that's how stupid that series of deals is

Brooks is an idiot. 

Rangers fans thinking they’d get anything without Schneider in a deal for Miller, is living in &^@#ing fantasy land. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Brooks is an idiot. 

Rangers fans thinking they’d get anything without Schneider in a deal for Miller, is living in &^@#ing fantasy land. 

Reading that twitter thread and seeing what they think they'd get him for is....yikes.

But...Lafrenier is worth to much, he's just not getting enough ice time.  he needs to develop.  he's untouchable

The comparable THEY don't want you to know:

Lafreniere: 12:07 ES, 1:22 PP, .29 Pts/GP
Seth Jarvis: 12:37 ES, 1:25 PP, .55 Pts/GP
Anton Lundell: 13:05 ES, 0:37 PP, .70 Pts/GP (ignoring his two SHP)

Jarvis was also a healthy scratch for the Hurricanes' first 7 games of the season. Imagine if that happened here.

Obviously those two are playing with better players, but the ideas that no other team is giving their young players sparing ice time and you can't develop if you're not playing 18 minutes a night need to die.