The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Realistically speaking, if NJ is hot and heavy on Miller, could the deal involve a pick swap? Miller alone isn't worth the 2nd overall, but he's worth more than the difference between 2nd overall and 15th overall. 

Not saying I want this to happen, but is something like this possibly in the cards?

To the Devils

JT Miller

15th overall

To the Canucks

Pavel Zacha

2nd overall

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Realistically speaking, if NJ is hot and heavy on Miller, could the deal involve a pick swap? Miller alone isn't worth the 2nd overall, but he's worth more than the difference between 2nd overall and 15th overall. 

Not saying I want this to happen, but is something like this possibly in the cards?

To the Devils

JT Miller

15th overall

To the Canucks

Pavel Zacha

2nd overall

I proposed this exact deal awhile back. I think it makes sense if JR amd scouts absolutely love the player at second overall. Maybe even get Jersey to include a second round pick?

Something tells me years from now we’re gonna find out Vancouver had a deal with New Jersey for the 2nd overall if Montreal took Slafkovsky.

Of course Montreal will end up taking Wright though…

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Something tells me years from now we’re gonna find out Vancouver had a deal with New Jersey for the 2nd overall if Montreal took Slafkovsky.

Of course Montreal will end up taking Wright though…

Maybe Dipietro goes to Montreal for “futures” and “particulars”.??

personaly I’d like to get Slafkovsky.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Perhaps that conundrum gets sorted out in camp..  push / shove .. 

2 men enter…. One man leaves..

mad max GIF

No reason to keep him that long.  Trade him away for something useful ASAP if NJ insists on including him.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Nothing wrong with his numbers,  needs a change of scenery.

He's one of those guys who doesn't really do anything well.  I wouldn't take him for free and sure as hell wouldn't waste something of actual value on him.  New Jersey has lots of interesting pieces, no need to take their plugs.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

His fiancée is a country music singer.  

So he's REALLY sick of the country music then? :P

58 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Surprised nobodies mentioning Holtz in a deal with New Jersey.

That guys gonna be a stud and could be ready as soon as next season. He also represents more of the same on the Devils.

A Pettersson-Holtz duo could be electric.

Holtz has been mentioned many times before. Him, Sharangovich, 2ndOA, Bahl (as a sweetener piece) are the guys I'd have interest in from NJD.

29 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

To the Devils

JT Miller

15th overall

To the Canucks

Pavel Zacha

2nd overall

In no way want Zacha. Make that Sharangovich + Bahl and we'll talk.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Trading Miller for Schneider would basically make things come to a full circle. That 1st we traded was used by the Devils (traded from Tampa in the Coleman trade) to draft Mercer. Schneider went the following pick. :lol:

Shakir Mukhamadullin was the pick we traded for Miller. He was taken the pick after Schneider.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

So he's REALLY sick of the country music then? :P

Holtz has been mentioned many times before. Him, Sharangovich, 2ndOA, Bahl (as a sweetener piece) are the guys I'd have interest in from NJD.

I'd take Bahl by himself over Zacha.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm not particularly interested in Zacha either tbh. I'm a little confused as to why Bahl is so high on everyone's NJD wishlist though. Why do we need another lefty?

27 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's one of those guys who doesn't really do anything well.  I wouldn't take him for free and sure as hell wouldn't waste something of actual value on him.  New Jersey has lots of interesting pieces, no need to take their plugs.

Canucks have had interest in him since Christmas..  that’s your new management group.

they must see or know of something more to what we actually see.

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm not particularly interested in Zacha either tbh. I'm a little confused as to why Bahl is so high on everyone's NJD wishlist though. Why do we need another lefty?

1 - Talk of OEL moving right (if we can't find suitable RD via trade).

2- -Personally, I don't like the fit of Rathbone as 3LD long term (especially if the above doesn't happen). Just not going to get the offensive usage behind Hughes and OEL in that scenario, to be successful.

3 - We could use some beef, defensive play, PK ability etc back there. I'd prefer Hague but Bahl's a solid option as well.

And he's not really "high"" on my list. Holtz, 2ndOA, Sharangovich are all way higher. Bahl's just good sweetener.

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

A rumour on twitter is 2OA - Zacha - Bratt

and this picture just for you Alf , couple of Devils listening to you ;)

DCCD1688-2E2F-4DA5-8708-91D5B57E0941.thumb.jpeg.765454208ff6a05e8daea47c6e258fca.jpeg

For the rights to Chiasson?  (Edit LOL, thought was 20th Overall, caught myself in knick of time.)

...  Won't buy Hughes.

I am in for Miller!