The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

9 minutes ago, tas said:

we have no idea if nyr even made an offer. are you talking this offseason or last tdl? desperation come at tdl, and despite the season the rangers had last year, they weren't a real contender, desperate to capitalize on a window. 

The rumoured offer sounded pretty legit, so I think it's safe to assume it was real. I just find it hard to believe that a contending team will be willing to give up a better offer, when it's still risky to send out a young rhd roster player, another roster player, and a 1st at that time of year. At this point, we're lucky to get an offer like NY gave back then. I hope I'm wrong, but it sure seems to be leaning towards a lean return. 

To me if the number to resign Miller is far apart you have to move him.Tdl would at this point get the best return as Miller is in a contract year so will produce.But like others say will the owner want to trade him.With our cap situations is we will have to trade him.Then trade Myers and Pearson at tdl and whomever else like poolman and Dickenson.

If Miller knows he's gone before/at TDL, you might only see 80-85% version of the guy, the first half of season.

Not really a criticism, but the dude seems to run on the emotional side/energy.

Anyone finding it strange there's no commitment with Bo yet? With Kadri also unsigned, we've almost got the vet-C market cornered. Is there mgmt strategy here, to leverage any trade and/or contract negotiations?

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

If Miller knows he's gone before/at TDL, you might only see 80-85% version of the guy, the first half of season.

Anyone finding it strange there's no commitment with Bo yet? With Kadri also unsigned, we've almost got the vet-C market cornered. Is there mgmt strategy here, to leverage any trade and/or contract negotiations?

Bo likely gets done after a decision is made on Miller so they can figure out what kind of structure works.  Wouldn't be surprised if there's already a handshake agreement.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Think Bos contract depends on Millers contract, or lack off....

This also tells Bos agent, that they will not be pulled around by the nose...

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Could it happen we move out both Miller and Bo?  Clearly Miller wants a huge contract, so he’s as good as gone.  But what about Bo?  How much of the cap is JR willing to allocate to Bo?  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Clearly a Seth Jones fan...... Not a fan of Popeye Jones either?  Doesn't really matter anyways, as we appear to be sticking with Poolman, Myers and Schenn anyways.

Overrated, overpriced, "interesting" political views, bad at playing actual defense...No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Could it happen we move out both Miller and Bo?  Clearly Miller wants a huge contract, so he’s as good as gone.  But what about Bo?  How much of the cap is JR willing to allocate to Bo?  

JR said he wants to keep BO. He’s our captain and will be re-signed. Miller, Garland, Myers are the big ticket cap hits that should probably get moved to free up cap space. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Prob fantastical thinking..but imagine you landed 2 younger, impressive C's in separate packages? If both pkg's garnered 6 or 7 total assets(& oodles of cap space), wonder how the fanbase would react?

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

JR said he wants to keep BO. He’s our captain and will be re-signed. Miller, Garland, Myers are the big ticket cap hits that should probably get moved to free up cap space. 

Agreed, but Garland and (to a greater extend) Myers appears to have no value unless we take back contracts.  

Miller is being offered 6 years and low forties.  I wonder what total dollar Bo expects?  If it’s 50+ do we do that?

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Overrated, overpriced, "interesting" political views, bad at playing actual defense...No thanks.

I knew he was overrated as a franchise D, but as a #2 I thought he would be a good fit if the salary was reduced.  Didn't know about his political views, but sounds like I have some searching to do.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Prob fantastical thinking..but imagine you landed 2 younger, impressive C's in separate packages? If both pkg's garnered 6 or 7 total assets(& oodles of cap space), wonder how the fanbase would react?

I think most fans would be happy with that kind of return (good young centre) for Miller, but not so much with Bo.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Miller is still around at the 2023 TDL this thread could hit 3000 pages…

Like when one enjoys Shogun too much, & winds up trying to take on James Clavell's whole, freeken Asian saga...

edit: Btw, for Shogun(tv series) ol' timers..the ultra-lovely Yoko Shimada just passed on, I was saddened to learn. Just a coupla' days back, the cause, cancer. Was the ultimate hottie in that epic 1980 series! :^O

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Cheers 1