The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

When you look at the trade board, hearing Giroux wants to go West, JT Miller is the clear cut big fish on the market...

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-trade-deadline-trade-bait-1.1758411

If teams REALLY want to make a big splash, the return on Miller should be huge.  Kravtsov, Lundkvist, 1st is a starting point, not the end point.

I definitely agree. Especially if we retained even 25 percent. Price goes up and up. Don’t get a near ppg player for under 4mil a year 

Just now, Coconuts said:

No doubt, Giroux wanting to go West is huge.

Yup, anyone who wants him will have to pony up pieces they'd like to keep. Full stop. Kratsov is intriguing, and maybe having Podz helps, but he's a flight risk and that impacts his value negatively for me. Rangers have to pay top pieces, not their second tier top prospects.

It’s something I don’t understand, right? Like if you want a top line player like Miller, wouldn’t you at least be offering (as a trade proposal) a grade A prospect or roster player coming back as a starting piece? 

Is Chytil a foundational piece in a deal? 

Is that 1st a foundational piece? 

Is Kravtsov a foundational piece? 

Lundqvist? Is he? 

None of those players scream to me as a foundational piece to a deal involving Miller. They are players that would be added onto a centre piece, like say Schneider. For me. I play hard ball with Drury, if I’m PA and JR. 

We’re not desperate, and we’re not expected to make the playoffs. But we’re kind of in that weird space where we’re close, but we’re not close enough to make it for sure. 50 percent chance either way, maybe, depending on a run if we could go on one. 

If I’m PA and JR, I’m constantly insisting and demanding that Schneider be the centre piece of any deal involving Miller. If they say no, then we say, nice knowing you, we’re going to look elsewhere to do business then. Thank but no thanks. 

If they circle around, then we obviously have the advantage in negotiations, because they’re the ones now that seem desperate. We’d have the upper hand even more than we did previously. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I hope another team comes up with an offer that blows the NYR offer away

Must have K'Andre Miller or Braden Schneider - don't need Lundkvist, already have Rathbone

They don't even want Kravtsov, anytime soon anyway. They already have Kakko and Lafreniere.  So, we'll take Kravtsov off their hands too.

The 1st will be more like a high 2nd, so whip-de-do

We'll also take Chytil

Too bad NYR, if you want a Cup, you're gonna pay

Unfortunately, I think Minny is out.  Boldy is just lighting it up now.  They've basically added a young star forward to their roster without having to make a trade.

I could see the Avs wanting to add depth, but I think they've got Giroux in the bag.

Washington? Pittsburgh? Boston? Florida probably wants defence more than forwards... Tampa is capped out.  Carolina is interesting... they could potentially want some depth up front?

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

It’s something I don’t understand, right? Like if you want a top line player like Miller, wouldn’t you at least be offering (as a trade proposal) a grade A prospect or roster player coming back as a starting piece? 

Lundqvist? Is he? 

None of those players scream to me as a foundational piece to a deal involving Miller. They are players that would be added onto a centre piece, like say Schneider. For me. I play hard ball with Drury, if I’m PA and JR. 

We’re not desperate, and we’re not expected to make the playoffs. But we’re kind of in that weird space where we’re close, but we’re not close enough to make it for sure. 50 percent chance either way, maybe, depending on a run if we could go on one. 

If I’m PA and JR, I’m constantly insisting and demanding that Schneider be the centre piece of any deal involving Miller. If they say no, then we say, nice knowing you, we’re going to look elsewhere to do business then. Thank but no thanks. 

If they circle around, then we obviously have the advantage in negotiations, because they’re the ones now that seem desperate. We’d have the upper hand even more than we did previously. 

NY is currently offering a 2023 rental deal for Miller. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

I definitely agree. Especially if we retained even 25 percent. Price goes up and up. Don’t get a near ppg player for under 4mil a year 

I mean, if the Canucks retain 50 percent, then the return for Miller would be off the charts, wouldn’t it? 

Rangers fans offering Kravtsov (a player they’re trying to get rid of, and he’s not wanting to play for them), a 2nd (which is going to be a late one), and Lundqvist (lesser of him and Schneider) for Miller at 50 percent retained is &^@#ing laughable. If this was a joke, it wasn’t very funny. 

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Lundqvist? Is he? 

Kravstov was #9 overall and would likely step in and be an impact player, to some degree, right away.........if they can get him to commit.  People seem to be treating him like he's crap.......he's a pretty good prospect.  That said, his value isn't high because of his situation, so I do get it, but he is a helluva player and would help the Canucks

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Unfortunately, I think Minny is out.  Boldy is just lighting it up now.  They've basically added a young star forward to their roster without having to make a trade.

I could see the Avs wanting to add depth, but I think they've got Giroux in the bag.

Washington? Pittsburgh? Boston? Florida probably wants defence more than forwards... Tampa is capped out.  Carolina is interesting... they could potentially want some depth up front?

Just hold onto Miller then. 

18 minutes ago, Provost said:

Were those executives from the Rangers?

Why would we want more small defencemen since we already have Hughes and Rathbone?  That doesn't even make sense to suggest.

With the retention taken into account, this is less of a return than Toffoli got.

"Executives".  AKA two other guys sitting in adjacent stalls in an NYC subway bathroom who were shooting the sh!t while literally shootin the sh!t.

26 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

Well those execs are out to lunch then. or was this article written prior to the Toffoli trade? If the latter is true, then maybe these execs need to rethink what they view as a fair deal. Also, trades need to be balanced, not fair and this proposed trade is not balanced.

Makes me wonder if those execs were offered that to their teams if they would take that deal. 

Of course other execs are going to say “yea, that’s not bad for the Canucks” or “yeah, that’s a pretty good deal” for them. But if THEY were offered that? Would they take it for their team? 

&^@# no.

In NO world am I retaining any salary in a Miller trade :picard:

like my god is the internet stupid when they throw stuff around like that 

a top line, PPG player at 5.25m for 2 playoff runs who has the intangibles only a select few in the show possess and we retained 50% like he is a 4th line plug? 

give your head a shake 

53 minutes ago, mll said:

Pronman for The Athletic asked some executives to evaluate trade proposals from fans.  

I saw that.  And I totally agree with thsi person.

Pronman can suggest what he wants, as can Brooks.  They're doing the marketing for the rags it seems.

But a 1st line centre is not going for literal cast offs.

At that point I'd rather trade miller to the Leafs for Marner with them retaining 25%

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Kravstov was #9 overall and would likely step in and be an impact player, to some degree, right away.........if they can get him to commit.  People seem to be treating him like he's crap.......he's a pretty good prospect.  That said, his value isn't high because of his situation, so I do get it, but he is a helluva player and would help the Canucks

I still don’t think that Kravtsov should be a foundational player. There’s a risk with Russians. We got a good one in Podkolzin - a kid with a great attitude, and a willingness to put in the work to make it to the NHL. Kravtsov already has demonstrated that if things don’t go his way, he’d bolt to the KHL. He’s not a centre piece in any deal for Miller - at least if I were GM. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

In NO world am I retaining any salary in a Miller trade :picard:

like my god is the internet stupid when they throw stuff around like that 

a top line, PPG player at 5.25m for 2 playoff runs who has the intangibles only a select few in the show possess and we retained 50% like he is a 4th line plug? 

give your head a shake 

Rangers fans thinks so! 

20 minutes ago, Provost said:

Were those executives from the Rangers?

Why would we want more small defencemen since we already have Hughes and Rathbone?  That doesn't even make sense to suggest.

With the retention taken into account, this is less of a return than Toffoli got.

That's the package Satiar Shah thinks Vancouver would accept if they decide to move Miller but without the 50% retention.  He was exchanging with some fans over potential packages on twitter yesterday. 

He tweeted:

"Schneider is terrific but I think there are packages involving Lundkvist and a 1st that VAN would take if the third piece is enticing but they're not taking that type of offer Brooks suggested"

"If they get Othmann as the 3rd piece, that's massive value and probably unlikely. Would you say yes to 1st, Lundkvist & Kravtsov? 

That's the trio I could see VAN accepting if they're ready to move JT"

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I saw that.  And I totally agree with thsi person.

Pronman can suggest what he wants, as can Brooks.  They're doing the marketing for the rags it seems.

But a 1st line centre is not going for literal cast offs.

At that point I'd rather trade miller to the Leafs for Marner with them retaining 25%

I’d also do that deal, and I &^@#ing hate the leafs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

That's the package Satiar Shah thinks Vancouver would accept if they decide to move Miller but without the 50% retention.  He was exchanging with some fans over potential packages on twitter yesterday. 

He tweeted:

"Schneider is terrific but I think there are packages involving Lundkvist and a 1st that VAN would take if the third piece is enticing but they're not taking that type of offer Brooks suggested"

"If they get Othmann as the 3rd piece, that's massive value and probably unlikely. Would you say yes to 1st, Lundkvist & Kravtsov? 

That's the trio I could see VAN accepting if they're ready to move JT"

Interesting that Shah thinks that Vancouver would accept that package. 

As I don’t think that’s good enough for Miller and all that he brings. 

• Upvote 1