The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

These guys will never say this, but what they mean is:  "I do believe a number of players are getting tired of basically all of the media in Vancouver". 

lol well that's what happen when yo email it in for the first 25 games of the season and then crap the bed a bunch of time in 10 days like NYI, SJS and ANA games, oh yeah and they get paid millions/year. Media doesn't troll teams with trade rumours when you are a playoff team.

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Rightfully so.  This team is the real deal, and will be a contender with a few tweaks.  They're 18-7-4 in the last 29 games... they've beaten 6th OA Toronto, 7th OA NYR, 9th OA and hottest team in the league Flames, and yet... still not good enough.  Better unload 2 of our top players because we have holes in the lineup (and trading 2 of our top players don't create holes... oh boy... :picard:)

Thank you

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Then they shouldn't have spent the first few months crapping the bed. And meanwhile, Miller could say he's willing to re-up at 6x$7.5 and Boser could re-up at 6x$6 and a lot of this will just go away.

AKA - STFU

Yep, that covers it

Thanks.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

lol well that's what happen when yo email it in for the first 25 games of the season and then crap the bed a bunch of time in 10 days like NYI, SJS and ANA games, oh yeah and they get paid millions/year. Media doesn't troll teams with trade rumours when you are a playoff team.

Yes, the team made their own hole - no doubt, but NYR/TO/Pit media are putting out daily reports of trade rumours - all three teams solidly in playoffs.  Rumour mongering isn't isolated to non-playoff teams. 

24 minutes ago, RWJC said:

You can thank Travis “we don’t know what we’re doing” Green for that, imho.

there hasn’t been any significant roster changes since his firing so pretty easy to  determine he was a major part of the problem 

Travis "Dump but dont chase - hold back and clog up the neutral zone" Green was absolutely the problem.

God it was so painful to watch them play his system. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Then they shouldn't have spent the first few months crapping the bed. And meanwhile, Miller could say he's willing to re-up at 6x$7.5 and Boser could re-up at 6x$6 and a lot of this will just go away.

AKA - STFU

meh, I'm ready to move on from them both.  I love the way Miller plays when he's happy, but even last night he just gave up on several plays, it's frustrating to watch and I certainly wouldn't pay a premium price for a guy that willing to stop working on a play

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Travis "Dump but dont chase - hold back and clog up the neutral zone" Green was absolutely the problem.

God it was so painful to watch them play his system. 

they dump and chase far more under BB than they did under Green.

45 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

These guys will never say this, but what they mean is:  "I do believe a number of players are getting tired of basically all of the media in Vancouver". 

which is one of the main reasons I don't think Miller has any intention of re-signing in Van.  Can you imagine the media pressure on him if he signs for $8.5m and starts to decline during that contract?  Which, of course, will happen to a player in his 30's

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Quint said:

The difference is they now actually chase. Two forecheckers going after the puck, 1st one disrupts, knocks the puck loose and bangs at the opposition, 2nd one gets the puck. Under Green it was one forechecker and that is not really designed to get the puck in the offensive zone. Dumb really.

As far as Miller goes, I keep thinking of Nieuwendyk for Iginla. Miller could get someone their championship, all we need is an Iginla coming the other way. 

For the record, I don't want Miller traded, but if he MUST be traded, I'd go 1-for-1 for Lafreniere and be mighty happy about it.  You can see the talent in that kid just wanting to burst through. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

AKA - STFU

Yup, if management and the players want the rumours and speculation go away they could very easily make it so. 

Put up or shut up. Put your money where your mouths are or suck it up, this is part of the business.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

For the record, I don't want Miller traded, but if he MUST be traded, I'd go 1-for-1 for Lafreniere and be mighty happy about it.  You can see the talent in that kid just wanting to burst through. 

Absolutely not.  
Miller is worth much more than just an underperforming prospect.  
lesser players have been traded for blue chip+ 1st +.  
We have zero reason to sell low.  

Im sure Laf will be great. But we can get a lot more. 

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, if management and the players want the rumours and speculation go away they could very easily make it so. 

Put up or shut up. Put your money where your mouths are or suck it up, this is part of the business.

Management definitely wants the rumors, it increases the chances of a bidding war and them getting an absurd overpayment from a team

Games like we had against the rangers definitely builds a sense of urgency around them getting another scorer

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Absolutely not.  

Fair market value for miller is 4x 1st round pick equivalent assets. Same as it was for Eichel. Eichel is the more gamebreaking player, but Miller's on an absurdly discounted contract for what he brings to the table.

Laffy + Schneider + 1st + 1st, or no deal imo. 

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Management definitely wants the rumors, it increases the chances of a bidding war and them getting an absurd overpayment from a team

Games like we had against the rangers definitely builds a sense of urgency around them getting another scorer

Oh, I absolutely agree. 

But for real, it'd be very easy to put this to bed. All Miller and management would have to say is they're working on a deal and it'd put an end to most of the chatter, same goes for Boeser. 

But until that happens, however unlikely, the chatter is only going to escalate leading up to the deadline. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Absolutely not.  

1 year removed from 1st overall pick.

1st overall.

I agree Miller is worth more, but that said, to the Rags, Laffy is their future superstar elite F.  He’s worth as much to them in his state now as Miller is to us.

I love Miller as a player and for what he represents/his importance to the Nux, but if I was the Rags, I wouldn’t trade Lafreniere for Miller in any way. Especially when after 1 more season you’re looking at a potential 6-8million cap difference between the two.

the only way it makes sense is if the Rags think they can use Miller for a cup run AND also potentially recoup what they lost in Lafreniere by trading JTM if the wheels come off.

All it takes is two major injuries and playoff hopes can be dashed. 
major risk/reward on both sides, imho 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1