The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

8 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

As almost all I ever discussed with.

But I'm not sure how i changed this?.

Explain?

I don't read all your posts, so I don't know what you discuss with other posters.  In our conversations, you have been

saying that Miller gets all the advantages as he gets more ice time with Quinn, which, you say, interferes with Pete's

stats and development.

I say that Pete poor play (up until more recently) hasn't warranted the 'advantages' that Miller gets.  That's how it

goes in pro sports.  The coach will always go with the hot hand and that is Miller. 

• Like 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

I don't read all your posts, so I don't know what you discuss with other posters.  In our conversations, you have been

saying that Miller gets all the advantages as he gets more ice time with Quinn, which, you say, interferes with Pete's

stats and development.

I say that Pete poor play (up until more recently) hasn't warranted the 'advantages' that Miller gets.  That's how it

goes in pro sports.  The coach will always go with the hot hand and that is Miller. 

And then I say that Petey doesn’t have the advantage of Hughes paving the way.

How often do you see Petey get the pass from Hughes compared to Miller?

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

And then I say that Petey doesn’t have the advantage of Hughes paving the way.

How often do you see Petey get the pass from Hughes compared to Miller?

So what?  Miller has been playing better, that's just how it goes in pro sports.  They're not going to change the entire

game plan, just so Pete can get more passes from Quinn.  Miller's the guy right now.  Pete will get his chance later.
Besides, during his struggles Pete has a chance to learn other aspects of the game.  He doesn't appear to be a

crybaby about any of this.  He's 23yrs old.  Greatness takes time.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

So what?  Miller has been playing better, that's just how it goes in pro sports.  They're not going to change the entire

game plan, just so Pete can get more passes from Quinn.  Miller's the guy right now.  Pete will get his chance later.
Besides, during his struggles Pete has a chance to learn other aspects of the game.  He doesn't appear to be a

crybaby about any of this.  He's 23yrs old.  Greatness takes time.

You still don’t understand.

I’m fine with that.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

no .

as a matter of fact , if I think we went 7 games in every Stanley Cup Final we’ve been in.

1982 Stanley Cup Finals

Canucks lost 4 straight to the Islanders.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Screw it.  Sign him and trade him and garland to NJ for the Hughes brothers Bahl and a 2nd.

Retain to make it happen.

I dunno, figger it out.  Wine is tasty

can we somehow get these brothers as part of the deal too?

image.thumb.png.445768f1792ecfc819bc666ff7b84515.png

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

I did some math on it and $9m in 2030-31 is equivalent to 6.75m in today's cap limits.

Does it even matter if his caphit will be equivalent to 6.75m in 2031? When he’s probably going to score 30-20 points, at that stage of his career.

6.75m for a 37/38-yrs old, scoring 30-20 points … great value.

4 hours ago, RWJC said:

All the time on the PP

miller have more room on the powerplay because whenever hughes gets the puck the defender cheats over to EP side. watch the washington defender they cheat over to ep side whenever hughes have the puck.. the problem with our powerplay is puck movement is super slow and people hold on to the puck too long including hughes allowing time for defender to cheat. they are more scared of EP's 1 timer than miller hence miller have more room to operate on the PP because team tends to cheat over to cover EP for the 1 timer whenever hughes have the puck

6 hours ago, shiznak said:

Does it even matter if his caphit will be equivalent to 6.75m in 2031? When he’s probably going to score 30-20 points, at that stage of his career.

6.75m for a 37/38-yrs old, scoring 30-20 points … great value.

I've shown in my other thread he will realistically be around 50pts at age 37 or 38, and may very likely retire by age 38.  That's based on historical trends.  $6.75m for a 50pt centre is not terrible at all.

Just listened to the Halford and Brough podcast. Reported that a NHL executive reported that Miller has not intention on resigning in Vancouver. I wonder who reported that it. Could be a team posturing trying to lower the price in a trade. I don't think we should trade him now, but gotta trade him in the offseason if he doesn't resign (which I don't think we should do anyways unless it's a 5 or 6 year deal max)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Just listened to the Halford and Brough podcast. Reported that a NHL executive reported that Miller has not intention on resigning in Vancouver. I wonder who reported that it. Could be a team posturing trying to lower the price in a trade. I don't think we should trade him now, but gotta trade him in the offseason if he doesn't resign (which I don't think we should do anyways unless it's a 5 or 6 year deal max)

Oh I'll want to hear that for sure!!

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Miller will re-sign with us providing we pay him 60+ million.  There is no other good team (and on the rise like us) that has that kind of cap room and will pay him that much.  They would need to go to 9 or 9.5 on their cap to get to the 64 million we can get to with an 8 x 8.  

If we want to keep Miller we certainly can and will.  

For any team trading for Miller they would be getting him for two playoff runs, and we'd be gutting out club.  The cost would be through the roof.  Remember he's not only a big, mean, skilled, centre.  He's also more than a ppg guy over the time with us.  He's currently top ten in scoring.  And he's a leader, who plays hard every shift.  

We really should keep him.

• Upvote 3