The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Young, Tanev type. Not super "sexy" but a damn good player.

Can he be Hughes partner for the next 6-7 years though?

Thats the type of player we need to acquire.

I’m not sure he has enough upside to be a top pairing 25-30 minute guy.

• Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

JR said if a deal cannot get done then they will look to move Miller.  Miller's situation will be dealt with at the draft next week I think, as that is the best time to swing a deal.  Apparently the offers coming in are better than the ones at the TDL so we will see what happens.

unless PA/JR are looking at 2023 picks, then there's no rush. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We need good players period. Especially right side, defensive D. Again, he'll probably be more like Tanev. A +/- 20 minutes guy to play with Hughes 5v5, play PK etc. 

How did Tanev look with Hughes?

You're unlikely to get a 25 minutes, RH'd #1D type for Miller or anyone else. Teams don't trade those guys 

38 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Just think how crappy you'll do if he's gone as you've teamed up with him for so many points. :(

I reckon trading Miller will actually benefit Petey. I think it will be huge for him to become 'the guy' on this team.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Why do you keep adding your own bits and pieces to my opinion and acting like I said that?

Selective reading? I don't want other teams version of Rathbone + Dickinson and a 2nd for Miller. I start the season with him if that's the best offer out there.

But it won't be, and he will probably be moved real soon. So why are you getting so worked up? How does this opinion paint me as the villain you suggest?

Like what the heck lol

lol sorry I'm just wondering why you keep suggesting we screw over the team ... we get Leafs, Flames, and Oilers trolls on here all the time.

Maybe you should have just said that I guess I got confused somewhere along the way. Okay I get your viewpoint. Completely disagree for what should be very obvious reasons so I won't repeat them. For the record I don't believe we're getting any better offers than we do now as the market will be limited at the TDL once again.

Maybe I'm just sad I'll have about 3 extra hours to kill everyday when he's traded so I'm posting what I can while the rush lasts. :P

18 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I wouldn't be overly happy with this trade but let's get something straight. Those are not equal at all. Lundkvist and Rathbone are equal but Chytil is an emerging 22 year old 6'3, 210lb 21st overall pick who just had an amazing cup run performance and is capable of playing center. Dickinson is a piece of gum on the bottom of my shoe that has negative value. (Sorry Dickie)

It's easier to understand the point of your posts if you are at least honest.

I can try to make it even easier for you to understand I guess?

-Miller will get traded this off season.

-Teams trade players at the TDL when on the last year of their deals all the time

That's it. I went into detail to support both those routes and stated numerous times he gets traded. 

Pointless back and forth on something that's filled with opinion when I think we both agree on the same outcome? Just chill man lol

Edited by Mustard Tiger

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

lol sorry I'm just wondering why you keep suggesting we screw over the team ... we get Leafs, Flames, and Oilers trolls on here all the time.

Maybe you should have just said that I guess I got confused somewhere along the way. Okay I get your viewpoint. Completely disagree for what should be very obvious reasons so I won't repeat them. For the record I don't believe we're getting any better offers than we do now as the market will be limited at the TDL once again.

Maybe I'm just sad I'll have about 3 extra hours to kill everyday when he's traded so I'm posting what I can while the rush lasts. :P

I think the way this team has been ran over the last decade has really made us as fans have to over justify our opinions causing lots of confusion and assumptions. 

We deserve a positive exciting off season. Started off pretty well let keep her going!::D

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I can try to make it even easier for you to understand I guess?

-Miller will get traded this off season.

-Teams trade players at the TDL when on the last year of their deals all the time

That's it. I went into detail to support both those routes and stated numerous times he gets traded. 

Pointless back and forth on something that's filled with opinion when I think we both agree on the same outcome? Just chill man lol

young frankenstein eye roll GIF

lol ... cheers 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Once in a while though:

blue jackets love GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

Meh, not sure Jones qualifies to be honest.

His defensive play is just ok at best, and he has been trending the wrong direction in that regard the past few seasons. He sure wouldn't be the guy I'd be targeting to play opposite Hughes.

He feels like a less physical Subban but without the heights of the original, and an even earlier fall off then PK had. Hawks can keep him, and his inflated contract.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

unless PA/JR are looking at 2023 picks, then there's no rush. 

2023 picks can be traded after July 13. There isn’t a scenario where Miller rides out his contract until the 2023 TDL. JR was pretty clear about how he was handling the Miller situation. They are looking to extend him. If the numbers don’t work they will trade him. The distraction of having Miller in your lineup knowing at some point during the season he will be traded is amateur hour at its finest. I don’t think we hired 15 AGM’s to be that dumb. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

2023 picks can be traded after July 13. There isn’t a scenario where Miller rides out his contract until the 2023 TDL. JR was pretty clear about how he was handling the Miller situation. They are looking to extend him. If the numbers don’t work they will trade him. The distraction of having Miller in your lineup knowing at some point during the season he will be traded is amateur hour at its finest. I don’t think we hired 15 AGM’s to be that dumb. 

okie dokie. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which NHL defencman averages 30 minutes a night?

The only ones that average 25 minutes a night are the Norris trophy winners. Those Dmen aren’t available. 

• Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We need good players period. Especially right side, defensive D. Again, he'll probably be more like Tanev. A +/- 20 minutes guy to play with Hughes 5v5, play PK etc. 

How did Tanev look with Hughes?

You're unlikely to get a 25 minutes, RH'd #1D type for Miller or anyone else. Teams don't trade those guys 

That’s why you get the picks to draft them or get them when they’re still prospects before they break out.

Schneider from New York is the player we need to go after if there’s a chance to acquire him.

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The only ones that average 25 minutes a night are the Norris trophy winners. Those Dmen aren’t available. 

Never said averages.

There are players that play 30 minutes all the time. Hughes pushes that mark regularly right now especially when you add OT.

Nurse regularly plays 30 minutes a night as did Suter and Burns in their prime.

Edited by DeNiro

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Whats JR's deadline to get him extended?

The thought that a potential trade during the season would be amateur hour is funny to me as they are professionals. I'm sure it has happened many times...teams knowing a player is likely on his way out. However, in JT's case I can see your point. He is such a leader and big part of the team that I can see it being a downer for the lads.

I dont listen to too much sports radio but i did for a couple mins yesterday. I was happy to hear Satier Shah mentioning he is 50/50 on if trading JT is the right move. I respect his hockey smarts. Many people are saying JT being gone is a done deal but maybe not.  Sat has also in the past pointed out JT's athleticism which doesnt get mentioned enough. JT is a durable 'young' 29, he will be a good player for years to come....an outlier if you will ;) .

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn’t Hughes average over 25 min this year?  We need a guy to play 20+.  Like TANEV did.